Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Bush land in 2010? A Humble 2010 Prediction

I believe Reggie Bush will be a Charger in 2010. Here is why:

1. 8 million cap hit before the season will probably lead to a cut from the Saints. Here is a link in which Loomis is said to not be interested in keeping him around with players like Colston to pay:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...2010?eref=sihp

2. There will be a huge opening for him in SD. LT may be asked to restructure once again or in fact depart altogether. Let's not talk about that too much right now. Sproles is on the Franchise Tag right now and will probably not be retained with guys like McNeill, Merriman, Floyd, and Jackson set to become FAs as well. AJ Smith has also talked about giving Gates a new deal.

The opportunity to excel in a Philip Rivers' aerial offense for Bush is obvious as well. With a surprising number of needs in the draft a young FA running back with a bit of splash is a perfect fit. Reggie needs a fresh start and if you look at the huge amount of success Norv's system has had with Sproles I think Bush's skillset matches up very well. Maybe not as a feature back but definitely as an impact player.

Reggie is a loyal and loving son of Diego and a former Helix High star. Before the draft he was actually quoted saying he would love a chance to play for the Chargers someday. He and LT have also worked out together for years.

This ridiculous set of curves is Reggie's long term girlfriend and perpetually bound to LA due to her show/stardom. They have broken up in the past...due to being too far apart. But they couldn't stay apart. SD is the closest NFL team to LA by far.

I think I am Nostradamus with this one looking at the upcoming hole in the SD RB corps and Bush's imminent availability, but am admittedly biased towards Trojans and Bolts. what do you think? Is there another destination out there? How much $ is Reggie going to need to sign somewhere?

I could see that happening.

RIP ST

Comment

Would be interesting to see him reunited with his Highschool quarterback Alex Smith in San Francisco. If the 49ers continue to grow their utilization of the shotgun offense, Bush would fit in nicely as the teams change-of-pace/swing back, along with Gore. He also fulfills a HUGE need in the return game.

Comment

I could see it happening for sure but as a Chiefs fan I really hope Reggie Bush stays the hell out of the AFC West! Why must you torment me like this CC :O

Originally posted by fenikz
        His soft D really turns me off
        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

San Diego makes a ton of sense... I'd love him on the Packers. He'd be a perfect compliment to Grant... we need someone to open up the screen game and add a better passing option out of the backfield..but I really doubt he'd want to come to Green Bay.

It'd be awesome to see him go to Houston though!

Comment

Why would he do that when he can come to SF and play with his old HS quarterback, and be our speed back?

Maybe I'm still just a fan...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I don't think he's leaving to be honest. I think the Saints value him more than other teams will.

I don't have a link saying how much more they love him, but the way they protect him when we have big leads is a stark contrast to how they treat the other runningbacks.

No one else is going to give him 8 million, i think the Saints will offer him more than the market, and I don't think both of Thomas/Bell are going to return.

I think Colston has like 3 years left on an 18 million dollar deal anyway, I don't think he's going to be making a big stink any time soon.
              Originally posted by SNIPER26
              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

I can honestly see him as a new england patriot.

Comment

SD almost makes too much sense. LT, I believe, was one of Bush's mentors coming out of HS. I don't know how much they remained in contact during his college years, though.

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350">

Remember, Marshall Faulk never truly realized his potential until he left a bad situation in Indy. I'm not saying Bush is in a 'bad' situation, but it's obvious he needs a fresh start on things. Neither am I saying that he'll ever be anything close to Faulk in his prime, and will probably be more reminiscent of Faulk much later in his career when he had the same ongoing knee issues Bush has dealt with since his second year in the league.

Comment

I also think it's interesting that he's at 5 yards per carry and a touchdown on about every 10 carries, and he isn't even a year removed from microfracture surgery.

That's a phenomenally fast recovery, compared to what we have seen from athletes in the past.
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Seeing Kim Kardashian made me not even want to discuss football anymore, lost my entire train of thought, son of a ***** she's so fine.

As far as Bush, I don't know why anyone would be excited to throw alot of money at him, his knees haven't been right in years now(I think both are going bad), eventually it's going to lead to him being slower and slower and makes him less effective at returning punts also.

He's a nice gadget player, but will he get paid like one? I'd MUCH rather have Sproles honestly, even if he cost more, Bush just doesn't excite me with all the question marks of his knee injuries and how he can't seem to ever hit the hole up the middle still.

Pats make alot of sense because they pass so damn much he fits right in, but I can see him wanting to go to the LA area definately for most of the reasons you listed.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Bush's lingering injuries worry me more than anything, I think he'll be a fine player, and the Marshall Faulk "breakout" is an apt comparison IMO, backs like these guys aren't meant to run behind finesse offensive lines, but even still, he's been running really well this year.

This swelling in the knees isn't a large worry, and I think this time next year is when we'll see how strong he's really going to be, because that will be the two year mark (almost) of his surgery.

i know he's going to blow up if he leaves the Saints, I think if he leaves, he'll go to a team that wants to utilize him heavily. Everyone blows up when they leave the Saints.

Comment

Post more pictures of the girlfriend!!!!

I also don't think he will go anywhere.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
                            Bush's lingering injuries worry me more than anything, I think he'll be a fine player, and the Marshall Faulk "breakout" is an apt comparison IMO, backs like these guys aren't meant to run behind finesse offensive lines, but even still, he's been running really well this year.

This swelling in the knees isn't a large worry, and I think this time next year is when we'll see how strong he's really going to be, because that will be the two year mark (almost) of his surgery.

i know he's going to blow up if he leaves the Saints, I think if he leaves, he'll go to a team that wants to utilize him heavily. Everyone blows up when they leave the Saints.
                            Not everyone breaks out when they leave the Saints. Stalworth and LeCharles Bentley didn't and they were considered good players during their tenure with the Saints.

My problem with Reggie is i see him improve in one facet of his game but then take a step back in another area. He can't seem to not go side to side. He is a great receiver out of the back and can somewhat run the ball but with Thomas and Bell playing great he really hasn't had a chance to get the ball alot.

His knees consider me too. They hold him out for swelling all the time and from what we know thats all. I know he had microfacture surgery and that it takes up to 2 years to fully recover from. Idk i just think unless he is in pain he should play on swollen needs. When they say he has swollen knees only thing i can think is he is dinged up nothing big.

But even in all that mess i don't think the Saints cut him. I think he stays. We all know he is never gonna be a 1000 yard back but he does bring a dimension to our offense and can be a great receiver for us if he is willing
                            Last edited by NOLAFan; 12-02-2009, 03:31 PM.

Comment

If he takes a pay cut I could see him staying but I don't think he is worth that price tag.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information