Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a state.

Comment

Lol, DRC shouldn't even be in the conversation with Revis and Asomugha. He isn't even in the same topic.

Comment

I clearly put him in the conversation

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...vs-Giants-2009
        http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...omartie-INT-TD
        Last edited by fenikz; 12-04-2009, 02:50 AM.

Comment

I've been really impressed with Asante Samuel's play. All along I thought he would fall off the Earth once he left New England, but here he is arguably better in Philadelphia than he was in Foxboro.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Maybe in terms of pure gooey shutdownness but as to who the best corner is this year, you have to give it to Woodson.

Comment

I love DRC as well, but I wouldn't say he's top 5 just yet. Could he be in the future? absolutely.

Comment

Andre Goodman is pretty good, man.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I still give it to Nnamdi.

Comment

for me Nnamdi is still number 1 but revis is close. After that there is a bit of a gap before the likes of charles woodson and stuff come in the rankings

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                    - Corner or Wideout in the first
                    - No reaching
                    - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

At the minute I would say it's Revis, Woodson then Aso. Revis is scary good. He consistently shuts down the best(Moss, TO, Andre Johnson etc) and gets INTs. Woodson is a flat out playmaker, pure and simple. Aso is the best at taking away one side but he needsto make more plays to get back to the top IMO

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

It's definitely Revis...for some reason, I've been getting more Oakland games this year and Nnamdi's performance hasn't been as good this season as it was last year or the year before.

Also, if DRC is the a top 3 corner, then Antoine Winfield is #1, but that is only in "Homer World", right?

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Revis is a great corner, he completely blanketed Moss the first time we played them this year and got Randy really frusturated. Revis is a pretty quiet guy too, but he did make exception to Moss not really respecting him and was jaqing at him throughout the game. Revis is definitely a top tier defender in the NFL; he has size, athleticism, ball skills, and is a competitor.

Aso is right there with Revis, he just is in a tough spot in Oakland. He was the epitomy of a shutdown corner last year, I haven't seen much of the Raiders and he may have regressed a bit, but he and Revis are probably 1A and 1B as others here have said.

Charles Woodson is older but he is playing at such a high level, not only can he take a top receiver out of the game but he still has the ability to make huge plays whether is be a game clinching diving pick or a sack. One of my personal favorite players in the league. Champ may not be the same player he was 5 years ago but he still needs to be mentioned in this discussion.

The last guy who could be mentioned in this top tier (could be forgetting someone) is Asante. Every Pats fan, player, and coach knew how big losing him would be no matter what anyone says; he was going to be our shutdown guy entering his prime but as in years passed we refused to pay him and this time it really bit us in the ass.

Comment

Calvin could barely walk on Thanksgiving, plus he caught a TD pass. But yeah keep using that game as a benchmark

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                              It's definitely Revis...for some reason, I've been getting more Oakland games this year and Nnamdi's performance hasn't been as good this season as it was last year or the year before.

Also, if DRC is the a top 3 corner, then Antoine Winfield is #1, but that is only in "Homer World", right?
                              I think Feniekz is just sticking with DRC because he has been saying him for a long time so he wants to stay consistent, anyone being rational or honest with themselves knows DRC's name should be nowhere near best corner in the league period.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

An interesting stat to use in seeing how good Revis is:

in 6 and a half years Nnamdi has 11 INTs and 1 TD
                                In 2 and a half years Revis has 13 INTs and 2 TDs.

Then take into account Revis will shadow the top guy pretty much every snap makes this a relatively easy decision at this point

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information