X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
    An interesting stat to use in seeing how good Revis is:

in 6 and a half years Nnamdi has 11 INTs and 1 TD
    In 2 and a half years Revis has 13 INTs and 2 TDs.

Then take into account Revis will shadow the top guy pretty much every snap makes this a relatively easy decision at this point
    interceptions are as useless of a stat as tackles

Comment

Yea they are if the CB is consistently giving up big plays. As I mentioned earlier Revis does almost as good a job shutting WRs down as Aso but makes more big plays. Plus tackles only stop the play, INTs stop the whole opposing team on that drive and can potentially get you TDs or very good field position. A tackle for a 2 yd gain is hardly the same as an INT returned for a TD

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
        Yea they are if the CB is consistently giving up big plays. As I mentioned earlier Revis does almost as good a job shutting WRs down as Aso but makes more big plays. Plus tackles only stop the play, INTs stop the whole opposing team on that drive and can potentially get you TDs or very good field position. A tackle for a 2 yd gain is hardly the same as an INT returned for a TD
        Interceptions are never a good way to measure anything.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          Interceptions are never a good way to measure anything.
          Yea I fully agree, however when using them as an added bonus always helps. If two players are almost identical except one gets more INTs then it puts them slightly ahead.

Ed Reed would not be thought of as highly without all his INTs and returns even though he would still be awesome.

As a measuring stick INTs aren't good however as a tiebreaker I think it is perfectlly acceptable

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

the thing is that they are two CBs, with 2 different assignements, different surroundings.
            Just saying Revis is better because he has more Ints over his career in a shorter time is laughable considering that Aso had like 2 ints the year were only 40 passes were thrown to his side.
            You have Interceptions that you compare over their careers as a measuring stick for how they are doing right now because right now they are both great at covering.

And no im not saying Revis is worse. he is 1a/b or whatever. But interceptions are not a measuring stick ever for me. Most of them are lucky anyways and not great plays by the CB, unless its someone called Polamalu.

Ed Reed and his returns on the other hand is something else. Returning an interception you can compare their vision, their patience to set up blocks and such things.

Comment

Anyone who mentions Asante as being up there with Aso, Woodson, and Revis is horribly mistaken his ability. He cannot tackle worth a damn and most, if not all, of his interceptions have been in zone coverage. The same coverage that he got paid for. Not saying he isn't a respectable corner and playmaker but he isn't very good man to man. Not even the best on his team. I know Sniper has been driving this bandwagon for a while now but after watching a couple Eagles games this year, I have to agree.

Originally posted by CC.SD - right again View Post
              Maybe in terms of pure gooey shutdownness but as to who the best corner is this year, you have to give it to Woodson.
              Woodson has been pretty unbelievable. You're going to start hearing his name less and less as teams target away from him with Harris shut down for the season.

Originally posted by Cicero View Post
              I still give it to Nnamdi.
              Why?

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              Calvin could barely walk on Thanksgiving, plus he caught a TD pass. But yeah keep using that game as a benchmark
              http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-li...-1-yard-TD-rec

Listen to the commentary. Really a hard route to cover. You would have to think with a target as big as Calvin that they were gonna try a fade but it was a great play.

Comment

I have to say, that draft ended up being a pretty damn good draft for CB's.

Revis
                Leon Hall
                Aaron Ross
                Chris Houston
                Eric Wright

Plus Brandon Meriweather at safety.

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

If the Jets were any good Revis would be in the defensive player of the year discussion.

Comment

How old is Woodson now? You guys really expect him to keep up this type of play for another 2-3 years?

Comment

I said this 1-2 weeks ago and I feel exactly the same now: Revis and Woodson are the top 2, neither is decidedly better than the other. When it comes down to shutting down a receiver, Revis is better, but Woodson moves all over the field and carries his defense (BTW, the Packers are the #1 defense right now, mostly because Woodson put the team on his back since the Cowboys game). Their overall impact on a game is close. Revis is the elite cover corner, Woodson is a very, very good cover corner. Nnamdi is overrated. He plays for the Raiders. He's top 5 good but not in the discussion for the best.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I'd go..

1. Darrelle Revis
                        2. Nnamdi
                        3. Charles Woodson
                        4. Sheldon Brown
                        5. Johnathan Joseph

- I think you have a couple guys you could throw into those 4 & 5 spots, but Brown and Joseph, IMO, are the two best. I think Sheldon's the best corner on his team, and I think Asante's interception total prevents people from seeing just how good a player Sheldon is. Asante is the big play guy, Brown's the one that does everything right. One of my favorite tackling corners as well. As for J-Jo, he's been a blanket in man coverage and has made big plays in big situations for the Bengals this season.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                        - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                        www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Nnamdi is not overrated if you want to argue he is not the best any more fine but to say he is not in the discussion is a joke.

Comment

the thing is that they are two CBs, with 2 different assignements, different surroundings.
                            Just saying Revis is better because he has more Ints over his career in a shorter time is laughable considering that Aso had like 2 ints the year were only 40 passes were thrown to his side.
                            You have Interceptions that you compare over their careers as a measuring stick for how they are doing right now because right now they are both great at covering.

And no im not saying Revis is worse. he is 1a/b or whatever. But interceptions are not a measuring stick ever for me. Most of them are lucky anyways and not great plays by the CB, unless its someone called Polamalu.

Ed Reed and his returns on the other hand is something else. Returning an interception you can compare their vision, their patience to set up blocks and such things.
                            Come on man, just luck? Sure every CB has a few lucky ones over his career but to say that most of them are just luck is ridiculous.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

interceptions are as useless of a stat as tackles
                              There not useless if your not basing your entire argument off of them. I get the point your trying to make, but you just cannot ignore Revis is a play-maker and when the ball is thrown in his area that he can go up over the WR and make the leaping INT, majority of those are anything but luck.

I know Aso wasn't thrown at much so it shouldn't be a knock against him at all, but in no way should you discredit the amount that Revis has or consider them useless.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

DRC? LOL wut?
                                The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information