No announcement yet.

Best overall LB right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming from a Browns fan, I don't think D'Qwell deserves to be in the same sentence as Willis or Beason. He's a solid player, but nothing more.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
      Does ray ray still think tackling sproles to end a game was one of the best plays of his entire ridiculous career?
      I think so, you have to admit that play was literally perfect. a split second off and we lose that game. I also read he free lanced on that play.

I am glad to see Ray is getting props, the guy is a freak of nature, he is one of the greatest LBs of all time w/ skills, but add in his un heard of leadership abilities and how he is 34 and still a elite LB he is a freak.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        No, they're not scrubs but to take D'Qwell over everyone aside from Willis and Beason is saying a lot. D'Qwell may have been playing well but sacks excluded, he has 8 tackles for loss in his career. So you have to wonder how many tackles of his were 3-4 yards from the line of scrimmage.
        I think I get what you mean. I agree Jackson isn't in the "elite" category, but I love him as a player and think he could be one of the best.

The reason I question your point is this...

You said he has is the benefactor of poor DL play, and then say he doesn't get enough tackles for loss. As a 3-4 ILB, poor DL allows for extra blockers to get to the 2nd level, making it difficult for the ILBs to penetrate. One would explain the other. It would be difficult for a 3-4 ILB to BENEFIT from poor DL play. Hence the tremendous importance of stout space-eaters in the front-3.

Comment

for just one year its hard to argue against LFB right now. there isnt one part of his game right now that he isnt playing at a premiere level. if im starting a franchise then yes im taking willis or harris. but for one year i want LFB along with his leadership and experience. he is playing some of his best football ever right now.

Comment

Probably between E.J. Henderson, Chad Greenway, or Ben Leber.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

2007 was a good year to draft a linebacker.

Patrick Willis
              Jon Beason
              David Harris
              LaMarr Woodley
              Lawrence Timmons
              Paul Posluszny
              Stewart Bradley

Comment

Best young LBs : Willis, Mayo

Best old OLBs: Lewis, Brookings

Best overall ILBs: Briggs, Pierce

Best in coverage : Urlacher (when healthy)

Best converted DE to designated OLB passrusher: Ware

I'll think of some more later
                Last edited by LizardState; 12-06-2009, 12:14 AM. Reason: LB categories

Comment

Willis is definitely one of the best but keeping Ware and Harrison out of the discussion is just absurd. I'd say it's between those three, personally.

Comment

Not saying he's the best but Curtis Lofton has been very impressive. I really thought he should have been a first rounder when he came out. People kept knocking him down because of his height and lack of top end athleticism but everybody knew he was going to be a tackling machine once he got in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      Best converted DE to designated OLB passrusher: Ware
                      See, this is just wrong. Ware is SO much more than a passrusher. He's one of the absolute best (no exaggeration) at stopping the run out of all LBs, outside or inside, 3-4 or 4-3.

In fact, run stopping is the most reliable part of Ware's game. His passrushing is top notch but his run defense is flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                        Not saying he's the best but Curtis Lofton has been very impressive. I really thought he should have been a first rounder when he came out. People kept knocking him down because of his height and lack of top end athleticism but everybody knew he was going to be a tackling machine once he got in the league.
                        I love that dude. I was begging for the Rams to take him.

As for the question. I think you got to go with Patrick Willis at Middle and DeMarcus Ware at Outside.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepThreat View Post
                          Coming from a Browns fan, I don't think D'Qwell deserves to be in the same sentence as Willis or Beason. He's a solid player, but nothing more.
                          That's mostly Mangini's coaching though, isn't it?

I'd go with Willis and Ware. That said, I think David Harris is very close to Willis, and after those two the 3rd standout to me is Beason.

Harris is really, really good. He's a better pass rusher than Willis so far, and both are average to slightly above in coverage.

Comment

Gotta go with Patrick Willis.

Comment

this guy
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZiHz...eature=related

Comment

Give me James Harrison on the outside and David Harris on the inside of any defensive scheme. Oh and give me Darrelle Revis at CB. Is that asking too much?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information