Best overall LB right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
    That's mostly Mangini's coaching though, isn't it?
    Nothing to do with Mangini. The Browns have a good DC in Rob Ryan and D'Qwell wasn't amazing under Romeo either.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Best overall ILBs: Briggs, Pierce
      Like Antonio?? This is a joke right?? Ask any Giants fan and AP is probably the worst defender on the team and are happy he has been put on IR.

And Overall?? He probably couldn't cover Terrance Cody out of the backfield.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Comment

Lance ************* Briggs.

In all seriousness though I'll go with Willis.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Best young LBs : Willis, Mayo

Best old OLBs: Lewis, Brookings

Best overall ILBs: Briggs, Pierce

Best in coverage : Urlacher (when healthy)

Best converted DE to designated OLB passrusher: Ware

I'll think of some more later
            Errrm, Briggs is not an ILB.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
              i can not believe that no one has said Harrison......defensive player of the year

OLB - Harrison

ILB - Willis
              if you look closely that trophy says demarcus ware

Comment

Top Tier for me would Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, and London Fletcher. I'm a big fan of Fletcher because he has been great his whole career. He hasnt missed a game his whole career, which is pretty impressive for a 5'10 undrafted LB.

Stewart Bradley would be in this thread if he didnt have that knee injury to start the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  Probably between E.J. Henderson, Chad Greenway, or Ben Leber.
                  Those guys are 5, 6 and 7 for me. Robert "Domestic Terrorist" Ayers, Pat Willis and Demarcus Ware round out the top 10 for me.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                  Originally posted by njx9
                  do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I still think Willis is overrated, his coverage ability isn't all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Miaoww View Post
                      I still think Willis is overrated, his coverage ability isn't all that.
                      I dont think he's any worse than most any other ILBs besides maybe Urlacher.

Comment

Beason is better in coverage than Willis*

*Willis is better in other facets

Comment

Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                          Just let it go RWO.
                          We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

3-4

WOLB - DeMarcus Ware
                            SILB - Patrick Willis
                            WILB - Jarrod Mayo
                            SOLB - Lamar Woodley

4-3

SAM - Brian Cushing
                            MIKE - Curtis Lofton?
                            WILL - Lance Briggs

4-3 MIKE wouldve been Stewart Bradley if he didn't blow out his knee before the season started.

Comment

It's alarming how there isn't even a mention of London Fletcher with all of the names I have seen in this thread. IMO he is the best sideline to sideline tackler in the game right now despite being inferior to guys like Willis and Beason athletically. Fletcher just knows how to shed off blockers and how to take angles. He's honestly in on every single tackle. And this isn't just a product of having Albert in front of it because he's been top 5 in the league in tackling every year this decade and the past 3 with the Skins he's had a horrific D-line. He's also surprising fluid in coverage and only really struggles when facing top notch hybrid TE's. For a guy who has the most tackles this decade it's still shocking to me how he's never made a pro bowl and still doesn't get much respect. I mean the guy since he came in the league in 98 has more tackles than Ray Lewis who is considered a top 5 LB all time. If he ends up out playing Ray by a couple of years he could end up having more career tackles in less years, and still have never made a pro bowl. There is so much wrong with the Skins but I think he deserves credit for being the one constant on every team he's been with. It's incredible but he's almost playing better now than even when he was in his "prime" with the Rams and Bills. I know a lot of him not getting any pub has to do with him being an undrafted player, coming from D3 John Carroll, and being 5-9" stumpy and not having a 4.4 forty yard dash, but the guy is a flat out baller. Ray might have better pieces around him but I'd argue that at this point them being the same age London is performing at a higher level. Ray is at times a step slow now but Fletcher still is pounding guys every single play, no plays off.
                              Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 12-07-2009, 02:11 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Tackles are one of the most meaningless stats in professional sports, right up there with QB rating and saves in baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information