Eagles extend Andy Reid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
    Wade Phillips has as many Superbowl rings as Andy Reid does.

Wait for it, wait for it.......

Here comes the NFCCG line.
    Just because you knew the counter argument before it happens doesn't make the point invalid.

You wouldn't have mentioned it if you didn't think it was at least somewhat relevant.

And yes, I'll take his 4 NFCCGs and Superbowl lose over wade phillips' time in Dallas =/

Comment

The goal at the beginning of the season is to go out and win the Superbowl, not to go out and make the NFCCG. He has failed to deliver just like Wade has.

Comment

I even said he would be better as a GM, his biggest flaws as a head coach come on game day. I still would take him over 75% of head coaches in the league.

Comment

The goal at the beginning of the season is to go out and win the Superbowl, not to go out and make the NFCCG. He has failed to deliver just like Wade has.
          Reid and Phillips don't belong in the same sentence. Reid's body of work is leaps and bounds much better than Wade's. Wade has been a failure and so has his teams. Reid has consistently put together playoff caliber teams and has had plenty success, yes he lost his 1 SB appearance but how many appearances does Wade have? How many times has he even made it past the 1st round?

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
          Originally posted by TitanHope
          R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
          He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Andy Reid is the reason why the Eagles are great, and have been great for years. And as long as he's their HC, they will continue to be a consistently competitive team who has a shot to win the SB almost every year.

He's also the reason why they'll never win a SB with him as their HC.

One of the best GMs in the league. An excellent coach in the offseason, and from Monday through Saturday.

He is one of the best gameplanners in the league.

But his clock management skills, his refusal to run the ball, and his lapses during critical times in big games are the reason why he'll never win a SB as a HC.

Comment

And seriously, comparing Andy Reid to Wade Phillips is like comparing an Ashton Martin to a fully loaded Toyota Camry.

Comment

LOL, so his biggest flaws are in the absolute most important aspect of his job, yet you would prefer him over 24 other head coaches?? LOL

And for the record, no one is comparing the two. I didn't even bring up Wade until one of the Eagles fans got butthurt that someone laughed at their joke of a coach.

Comment

That's a valid point and opinion, I'm not going to argue against it because it's not false. However, my opinion is that in the NFL there are different degrees of success, and Andy Reid has had more success than Phillips even if they both have failed to achieve their ultimate goal.

Comment

LOL, so his biggest flaws are in the absolute most important aspect of his job, yet you would prefer him over 24 other head coaches?? LOL

And for the record, no one is comparing the two. I didn't even bring up Wade until one of the Eagles fans got butthurt that someone laughed at their joke of a coach.
                    yup.

Andy Reid is far from a joke of a HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      Tony Gonzalez is a Chief for life o wait...

You just can't say that in today's NFL.

As for some Eagles fans not liking Reid to me you should only replace you're HC if you can get someone better they would have hard time getting someone better then Reid.
                      True, Wasn't Brian Dawkins supposed to be an Eagle for life?

Comment

No such thing as a "player for life." Stopped hoping for that the day I say Air McNair in ratbird purple. :(

I, personally, think this is a good move. Probably would've waited until after the season, though.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

...and our DC Eagles fans cry tears of sadness.

Comment

The thing about the eagles is they're not afraid to cut ties with anyone and if McNabb is cut I can see plenty of teams being boner filled for his services.

I like the signing long term for the Eagles, the team is always strong, sure they seem to get de-railed every year, but with the guys they've got in certain positions they'll be a dangerous force for the next half decade.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              And seriously, comparing Andy Reid to Wade Phillips is like comparing an Ashton Martin to a fully loaded Toyota Camry.
                              Ashton Martin has millions of Twitter followers. :D

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                                The thing about the eagles is they're not afraid to cut ties with anyone and if McNabb is cut I can see plenty of teams being boner filled for his services.

I like the signing long term for the Eagles, the team is always strong, sure they seem to get de-railed every year, but with the guys they've got in certain positions they'll be a dangerous force for the next half decade.
                                Exactly. The Eagles sticking with Reid is very much like how the Steelers stuck with Cowher for so long. You know you have a good head coach and run a good organization. Keep fielding competitive teams, and you'll eventually get hot and go on that SB run. Remember that Cowher was seen as the guy who couldn't win the big one for a long time, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information