No announcement yet.

Clinton Portis done for good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he retires you can all but bank CJ Spiller being a Skins which I wouldn't mind. Still I think Portis comes back and shares the load with whoever. It's a shame he's been so hampered by injuries because had he been able to have a long career considering the pace he was on and the age he started in the league he could have finished top 10 all time in rushing yards.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

No Champ Bailey mentions yet?

Comment

He just recently turned 28. That would be a shame if he's done. He had at least a couple of seasons left and could have pushed for the Hall of Fame.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Absolutely loved Portis when he was on the Broncos and continued to follow his career on the Skins. I hope he recovers, but if he doesn't, he was still a helluva running back.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
          Originally posted by BaLLiN72
          i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
          Originally posted by Job
          NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I can't believe all of these high profile major concussions happening. Is this because the NFL is more violent or because players/doctors are just now starting to report them and take the proper action? I know that if I got a concussion that affected my vision I wouldn't be back on the field until it was back to normal and any additional risks associated were gone. I'd have to think most players would feel the same way. I know they are ultra competitive football junkies but I'd think that a hit to the head that halfway blinded them would keep them off the field.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              He just recently turned 28. That would be a shame if he's done. He had at least a couple of seasons left and could have pushed for the Hall of Fame.
              He's really only 28? Wow. Seems like he's been in the league forever at this point. I would have guess he was 31-32 by this point.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I dont think portis could push for the HoF

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  He would've cracked 10000 rushing yards this season if he hadn't been concussed and he's only 28. If he plays 2 or 3 more good years he could probably get in on a down year because of his stats.
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                    He would've cracked 10000 rushing yards this season if he hadn't been concussed and he's only 28. If he plays 2 or 3 more good years he could probably get in on a down year because of his stats.

Do you think he has 2 or 3 more good years? I am skeptical of that. His workload is much higher than his age would indicate seeing as how he immediate became a feature back from his rookie year at the age of 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                      Do you think he has 2 or 3 more good years? I am skeptical of that. His workload is much higher than his age would indicate seeing as how he immediate became a feature back from his rookie year at the age of 21.
                      2 maybe, 3 probably not. I'm just saying he could push for those stats if he can get healthy. Big if though obviously. It also wouldn't hurt if the Redskins could put a better line in front of him and legit QB and HC presence.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        Co sign Portis won't make it. There's no such thing as a down year with the ridiculously backed up waiting list anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Co sign Portis won't make it. There's no such thing as a down year with the ridiculously backed up waiting list anyway.
                          i dont think he makes it either but i also dont think his last 1000 yard year is in the books either.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            i dont think he makes it either but i also dont think his last 1000 yard year is in the books either.
                            Why is Laron Landry not developing.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                              Why is Laron Landry not developing.
                              He hasn't hit puberty yet.

Comment

That's serious stuff. I mean, he won't just have vision problems in football. He's going to have ramifications from this his entire life.

I've always thought he was crazy (in a good way though), but he'd be seriously crazy not to retire if he is still having problems in training camp next year.
                                **** her in da *****!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information