Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton Portis done for good?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis has been put on the injured-reserve list and won't be coming off of it till the season is over. But the question is whether Portis will even be able to resume his career, according to the Washington Post.

Portis hasn't been able to shake the effects of a concussion he got on November 8 when playing against the Atlanta Falcons. The team (and Portis' agent, of course) is saying that Portis will be back but he didn't sound so sure yesterday: "If it's my time, I think I had a great career."

The big issue is that Portis has had a vision problem since getting the concussion and it hasn't been getting better. Portis reportedly feels like his vision is good enough for him to get out onto the field but "the doctor feared if I took another hit like that it could get worse," he said."

I like Portis alot, but I would end it. Chances are if you get 1 severe concussion you will get another.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

I'd take it easy the rest of the season/off-season. He's a veteran and he doesn't need to be taking hits in Training Camp and Pre-Season. If when he does get back he still feels woozy after a few solid hits, he needs to call it quits then and there. There's no need to risk permanent brain damage.

Comment

That sucks to read, CP was one of my favourite players when I first got into the game, and he is a great character off the field as well

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

theres a redskins forum that is already discussing this. hardly think it needs its own thread in nfl...either way, his comments came within in hour of hearing he was going on ir. he was depressed. i heard him on the radio. i do think hell be back next year after a strong offseason workout and i do think the skins will add another rb to compliment him and help share the workload.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            theres a redskins forum that is already discussing this. hardly think it needs its own thread in nfl...either way, his comments came within in hour of hearing he was going on ir. he was depressed. i heard him on the radio. i do think hell be back next year after a strong offseason workout and i do think the skins will add another rb to compliment him and help share the workload.
            You've had Ladell Betts for the longest time and they STILL gave Portis 30 carries a game.

Comment

He definitely sounds like a guy who is done.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                You've had Ladell Betts for the longest time and they STILL gave Portis 30 carries a game.
                betts never was a a good compliment to portis. portis is just a much better betts. and with portis at age 29 next year its time to start sharing the load and taking aware some of the burden. we need more of a sproles type role player.

Comment

betts never was a a good compliment to portis. portis is just a much better betts. and with portis at age 29 next year its time to start sharing the load and taking aware some of the burden. we need more of a sproles type role player.
                  CJ Spiller?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. The fact that he does the same things Portis does should only cement my argument even more.

Comment

He's probably done, which is unfortunate as I always liked Portis, minus when he ran on the Giants.

Portis has always been pretty charismatic/funny guy too so I would guess there are plenty of sports media outlets who'd give him a job if he wanted it.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I always were a big fan of Clinton. He had a great career, and I guess it's about time to stop.

Comment

The man is destined for a sports talk show.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                            "Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis has been put on the injured-reserve list and won't be coming off of it till the season is over.
                            That's redundant.

Comment

^ Lol captain obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information