No announcement yet.

SI: Top 10 Games of the 2000's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure I understand the Pats-Giants Superbowl being rated that high. I understand that the Giants kept the Pats from being undefeated, but most of that game was pretty boring and while the finish was good, it wasn't the most exciting Superbowl ever. In fact, the game between the two teams in week 17 of that season was a more fun game to watch. And in terms of Superbowl team disparity, I'm of the opinion that the Pats SB win over the Rams was a bigger upset than the Giants taking down the Pats.

Comment

This is why players aren't eligible for the Hall of Fame for 5 years. Whatever just happened is much stronger in your mind and it takes time to put everything into perspective.

Comment

I guess I am biased but honestly that Pats Giants Super Bowl was the greatest game I have ever watched, I have never screamed, laughed, cried, and cheered so much in a game... but I guess thats because I am a Giants fan who has finally witness them win a championship (not alive back in 86' and 90').

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

#9 was the ****. Jeff Garcia leading the comeback. Oh yeah.

All Niners fans should remember this moment from that game:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I wish they would separate regular season games from playoff games.
            aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Colts/Pats in the 2006 AFC Championship game should be #1, we've had some good Super Bowls but that was peyton manning finally beating brady and it was a ridiculous game.

Comment

i dont see how you can only have one regular season game and then put it at number two.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Giants - Pats number 2

Comment

Bears/Cardinals Game on MNF in 2006 was legit as ****.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Both those games were crazy though you're right. The regular season game in particular is probably Rivers' best comeback.
                      Oh yeah, even those both of those games were losses, both were great entertainment wise. I like alot of the Chargers players, so I always like it when the Titans and them go to battle.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        I don't even remember Jets-Dolphins, but I don't see how a regular season game can be #2.
                        Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
                        i dont see how you can only have one regular season game and then put it at number two.

Touchdown Jumbo Elliot.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          I'm not sure I understand the Pats-Giants Superbowl being rated that high. I understand that the Giants kept the Pats from being undefeated, but most of that game was pretty boring and while the finish was good, it wasn't the most exciting Superbowl ever. In fact, the game between the two teams in week 17 of that season was a more fun game to watch. And in terms of Superbowl team disparity, I'm of the opinion that the Pats SB win over the Rams was a bigger upset than the Giants taking down the Pats.
                          I actually found the game to very entertaining. The majority of it. And there were multiple lead changes. The final drive by the Giants was probably the most dramatic since Super Bowl XXXIV. I think it should be the best game of the decade. No one gave New York a chance. No one.

By the way the Colts/Buccaneers game from 2003 should be on that list in my mind.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I'm proud to say i watched every single one of those games. And the top two are a joke. I think the greatest (and most impactful) game should be the tuck rule game. But i do love me some snow games :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                              No one gave New York a chance. No one.
                              See, this just isn't true. Plenty of people gave New York a chance. The Giants had gotten damn close to beating the Patriots in week 17 and were playing really good football. I gave them a hefty chance, as did many others.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                See, this just isn't true. Plenty of people gave New York a chance. The Giants had gotten damn close to beating the Patriots in week 17 and were playing really good football. I gave them a hefty chance, as did many others.
                                You would definitely be in the minority. The Patriots were favored by around 14 points...a team hasn't been that favored by that much since the Patriots first Super Bowl victory in 2001, and before that the Packers in 1996.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information