Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaMarcus Russell won't consider a pay cut

JaMarcus won't consider a pay cut

When asked about possibly reworking his contract.

"Oh, no. That's over and done with. I don't even consider that as a part of it," Russell said.

Russell was asked what Gradkowski was doing well:

"Now it's just all around. Guys are just making plays around him," Russell said. "In the Dallas game after you go out and win in Cincinnati there weren't plays really made the whole game, you know what I mean.

"Going into Pittsburgh, guys were making plays for him. That's what a quarterback needs, his surrounding players. That's what was going on."

This was Russell's response when asked to grade his performance this year:

"Uh, kind of hard because there was times where you try to get guys a chance to make plays and at the early part of the year, it wasn't happening. So the quarterback job, I say he looks for more help around from everybody because he can't do it himself. It wasn't so well, but at times it was. When we look at film, it don't be as bad as it seems on the field always."

But he promises a different player when he gets back on the field.

"A totally different JaMarcus. People going to have their opinion, and I really don't pay too much attention to that. I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only."

Originally posted by Splat View Post

When asked about possibly reworking his contract.

"Oh, no. That's over and done with. I don't even consider that as a part of it," Russell said.

Russell was asked what Gradkowski was doing well:

"Now it's just all around. Guys are just making plays around him," Russell said. "In the Dallas game after you go out and win in Cincinnati there weren't plays really made the whole game, you know what I mean.

"Going into Pittsburgh, guys were making plays for him. That's what a quarterback needs, his surrounding players. That's what was going on."

This was Russell's response when asked to grade his performance this year:

"Uh, kind of hard because there was times where you try to get guys a chance to make plays and at the early part of the year, it wasn't happening. So the quarterback job, I say he looks for more help around from everybody because he can't do it himself. It wasn't so well, but at times it was. When we look at film, it don't be as bad as it seems on the field always."

But he promises a different player when he gets back on the field.

"A totally different JaMarcus. People going to have their opinion, and I really don't pay too much attention to that. I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only."
    This is like one of those Madden Superstar interviews where you just feel like being the biggest douchebag possible.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Russell is just making excuses now. It also seems like a classic case of team giving up on quarterback.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

"I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only"

That is a QB saying that it just blows my mind.

Comment

I really don't have an issue with anything he said.

Comment

If I knew that I was a complete bust in the NFL, I wouldn't want to restructure my contract for less money either :)

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

The fact that guys are playing harder for the other QB and making plays for him when they didn't for you should speak volumes to JaMarcus...probably won't get through that head of his, though.

No way he's gonna restructure his deal though. He'll probably think he'll be able to get a job elsewhere if they threaten to cut him.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                I really don't have an issue with anything he said.
                me neither. in his position id prolly say the same.

Comment

This kid is a tard.

Comment

The best deal would be Oakland trading him to someone who needs a future QB. Minnesota and Carolina?

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                      "I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only"

That is a QB saying that it just blows my mind.
                      That is really the only part of the interview that seemed bad to me.

I mean the whole interview was clearly just Jamarcus awkwardly dodging the interviewers subtle question of he believes he is a bust or not, but I didn't read any of it thinking that he was dumb or answered poorly even, except that last line.

Comment

Ah, the Larry Johnson school of football economics.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
                          This is like one of those Madden Superstar interviews where you just feel like being the biggest douchebag possible.
                          Haha I thought the EXACT same thing when I read that. Hilarious.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                            The best deal would be Oakland trading him to someone who needs a future QB. Minnesota and Carolina?
                            I think he would still have to take a pay cut no one is going to want him with that kinda deal.

Comment

I worry about JaMarcus and JaMarcus only."
                              The funny thing is that you could have just posted that line and it would have completely summed up the rest of what he said.

Basically... It's not my fault, it was the other guys, who now are trying for Bruce and weren't for me.

Pathetic loser attitude he is showing there. I think this interview pretty much cements that he will be out of this league within 4 years, doesn't have the attitude you want sitting on your bench and hasn't shown the ability to start, just not worth a lazy, overweight cancer in your locker room if they aren't going to be stars.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information