No announcement yet.

JaMarcus Russell won't consider a pay cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is really the only part of the interview that seemed bad to me.
    The rest of it just feels like him passing the blame, sure there were some drops on his watch(no more than their have been since he was benched), he was missing wide open guys, that isn't his team mates fault.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
      I think he would still have to take a pay cut no one is going to want him with that kinda deal.
      Yeah, somebody has to tell Big JaMarc how football and money work together.

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
        The best deal would be Oakland trading him to someone who needs a future QB. Minnesota and Carolina?
        His contract is way too big. No team would be willing to pay him anything close to what he's currently making.

Comment

Honestly I don't know how anyone could feel bad for Jamarcus, I could complete some of the throws he misses by 5+ yards. No accuracy whatsoever, he is just a big kid hucking it. Move him to the OL and get it over with.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
            This is like one of those Madden Superstar interviews where you just feel like being the biggest douchebag possible.
            lmaoooo

He needs to be cut even if the year is capped. He's not even a below average QB.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by djp View Post
              This is like one of those Madden Superstar interviews where you just feel like being the biggest douchebag possible.
              AHahhaahahhaaha x10000.

That pretty much summed up my feelings after reading that, nice call.

He doesn't even talk like a QB, or a leader, I wouldn't want anything to do with this guy, he just doesn't get it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
                I really don't have an issue with anything he said.

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                me neither. in his position id prolly say the same.

He couldn't even man up and say Gradkowski was playing better. It's kinda hard for surrounding players to make plays when you can't accurately get the play-makers the ball. Plus you don't see anything wrong with not wanting to restructure your deal after playing like the worst starting QB in years?

Alex Smith manned up and took a pay cut no problem and look how well he's playing now. He's making it seem like nobody helped him out, but everyone is magically helping out Gradkowski, it's common sense.

A decent QB makes the team better, you can't expect anyone to contribute when your throwing balls all over the damn place. Maybe these answers would be ok for a WR, people expect that kinda crap, but for a QB who hasn't done ****, won't accept he's played horribly, and still wants to be one of the highest players in the league I question what you guys even expect from a QB then.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

no because if i was jamarcus, id try to get as much money as possible. im not saying i dont see anything wrong from any other perspective, but as a really bad player myself, i wouldnt go out there, let them give me less money if i could have more. its not like he will ever gain that kind of money ever again.

i mean if i was someone with job security or something, yes lets restructure. not when im jamarcus russel and prolly never gonna get a chance to get that kind of money ever again

Comment

While he isn't gonna make bank with another team, i am willing to bet my left nut some team takes him and that he is better than he is in Oakland.

Idc what people thoughts of him are, being stuck in Oakland is the worse possible thing for a QB. You have almost no chance to succeed. Grad...whatever his name is playing better than Russel and its because he knows the team sucks ass, so whatever he does is no big deal

Comment

He has been saying this **** the whole year. Blaiming this, blaiming that. He never says" oh I had a bad game", he blaims others. He is a me player, not a team player. Maybe if your accurate the WR's can make a play for you

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                        He has been saying this **** the whole year. Blaiming this, blaiming that. He never says" oh I had a bad game", he blaims others. He is a me player, not a team player. Maybe if your accurate the WR's can make a play for you
                        Thank you.

To sum it up in his words,

"JaMarcus is where he is because of JaMarcus"

Nothing else needs to be said. Don't give me this BS about your poor supporting cast. Maybe if you learned your damn playbook we could've opened up the playbook 100X more so you wouldn't have to play in what closely resembled to a HS offense. This is the kinda stuff that makes me think he is on his way to Ryan Leaf bust status.

Comment

If his supporting cast is so bad, how is a career back up going into games right now and beating good teams? Truth is JaMarcus is horrible and cares about getting his money than his team, as in Gradkowski is a leader and wants to win.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                            If his supporting cast is so bad, how is a career back up going into games right now and beating good teams? Truth is JaMarcus is horrible and cares about getting his money than his team, as in Gradkowski is a leader and wants to win.
                            JaMarcus is the classic example of a pro athlete not giving a **** when he finally gets paid millions. Forget the work ethic, just look at his weight issues, which he admitted to in training camp.

Comment

He needs to be cut with cap or not,then watch him become good elsewhere.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                              like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                                He needs to be cut with cap or not,then watch him become good elsewhere.
                                It will not happen. There are some players out there who will never get what it takes to be successful, and he is one of them. Best he ever becomes is an above average QB based only on his talent, which alone can't get you anywhere in Oakland.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information