No announcement yet.

JaMarcus Russell won't consider a pay cut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was the longest holdout in his draft because he wasn't getting enough money, is anyone really surprised that he won't take a pay-cut?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Why would he? At this point he doesn't have much a future and he knows it. If I were him I would do the same thing. What incentive does he have to accept a pay cut? If the Raiders didn't want to pay him they shouldn't have taken the huge chance by drafting him.
      Well, because making somewhat less than 12 million dollars is conceivably more attractive than making 3 million and being out of a job.

Comment

I remember when JaMarcus used to be accurate. Apparently JaMarcus hasn't seen the regression in his own game.

Hell, if his game were exactly where it were last year, he'd be better than he is now and better than Gradkowski.

I've not seen a QB regress that much at a young age in... ever?
        Originally posted by SNIPER26
        fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

He needs to be cut yesterday.

Trying to read what he said out loud was very hard. Guys a moron.

Comment

Hey, its not his fault that Crazy Al will open up the bank for any player that can throw far and run fast. :-)

Comment

I hated him before he got drafted. I can't say I saw this coming (I didn't think he'd be this terrible), but I knew he was going to suck.

He's the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. Its not even a question anymore. His actions this year have officially stamped that envelope.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                no because if i was jamarcus, id try to get as much money as possible. im not saying i dont see anything wrong from any other perspective, but as a really bad player myself, i wouldnt go out there, let them give me less money if i could have more. its not like he will ever gain that kind of money ever again.

i mean if i was someone with job security or something, yes lets restructure. not when im jamarcus russel and prolly never gonna get a chance to get that kind of money ever again
                unfortunately i agree. This is the most money this guy is ever going to see. After his contract runs out or he's cut he goes on the Jeff George road tour to every team that has a QB Coach that wants a shot at coaching up this guy. He'll still make a million a year based on unrealized potential but never the kind of money he made in that original contract. Although, if he actually works at his craft by the time he's 29 maybe he'll start to be serviceable

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Soon Jamarcus is going to disappear, and be found in a few years tied up in Jon Gruden's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                    That is really the only part of the interview that seemed bad to me.

I mean the whole interview was clearly just Jamarcus awkwardly dodging the interviewers subtle question of he believes he is a bust or not, but I didn't read any of it thinking that he was dumb or answered poorly even, except that last line.
                    So...making excuse after excuse, and refusing to give the new starting QB even a little credit for the team's success...that doesn't strike you as a little weak? Wow.

Russell hasn't changed since he got to Oakland, other than to become a worse version of himself. He's a bum with no sense of personal accountability. He can't be cut loose soon enough.
                    My sig pic has now come full circle. Lucky me.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      He's the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf. Its not even a question anymore. His actions this year have officially stamped that envelope.
                      QFT. I don't think he can reach Ryan Leaf's level without some kind of major legal infraction or at least 2 on camera incidents, but he's closer than Tim Couch, David Carr or Alex Smith ever got imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        QFT. I don't think he can reach Ryan Leaf's level without some kind of major legal infraction or at least 2 on camera incidents, but he's closer than Tim Couch, David Carr or Alex Smith ever got imo.
                        Every player just mentioned was a #1 overall pick except Ryan, and none of them did anything. Absolute zero. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Every player just mentioned was a #1 overall pick except Ryan, and none of them did anything. Absolute zero. Just saying.
                          That's the point. None of them ever did anything. They didn't try to get the franchise player arrested. They didn't read apologies to a national audience off of a cue card in his hand. They didn't snap at fans or reporters. At least not on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Abaddon View Post
                            So...making excuse after excuse, and refusing to give the new starting QB even a little credit for the team's success...that doesn't strike you as a little weak? Wow.

Russell hasn't changed since he got to Oakland, other than to become a worse version of himself. He's a bum with no sense of personal accountability. He can't be cut loose soon enough.
                            I'm just using empathy here. Put yourself in his shoes and then ask yourself, would you admit to being a failure in a public interview?

I'm not saying he is correct, or that he said the right things. I'm just saying I understand where he's coming from when he said all of that (except the final line where he said he was only thinking about himself).

As much as we would all like to think that would could stand in front of the lights and give an honest evaluation of ourselves, it's a lot harder when you actually have to do it, and I don't blame him for not stepping up at this point in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                              That's the point. None of them ever did anything. They didn't try to get the franchise player arrested. They didn't read apologies to a national audience off of a cue card in his hand. They didn't snap at fans or reporters. At least not on camera.
                              That's true, and don't get me wrong if I saw Ryan on the street I would shiv him and walk away whistling, but none of those things made him any worse on the field than the #1 busts. Ultimately each of their teams cut ties having gained de nada, same as Ryan. Except Ryan was a #2 overall. So the idea that he is a bigger bust doesn't quite compute for me.

Again, I would like to reemphasize that I still would like to stab him.

Comment

I'm sure someone else mentioned it, but if I were in his situation I wouldn't restructure my deal either, knowing that I won't be getting another contract and i'd be basically giving away money. He needs to get what he can while he can, because odds are its all he's getting. Too bad he's too damn stupid to know what to do with it while he has it and will be one of those broke athletes by his 30's.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information