• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
    Maybe the cowboys should stop committing penalties
    This. (char limit)
    **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
      That graph would be so much more accurate if it said "for the colts" vs "for other teams".
      **** her in da *****!

Comment

Flozell Adams is the most penalized player in the past like 4 years, maybe that's a big part of it.

or do the refs just hate him too?
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Look back at the Packers-Ravens Monday night game. Yes they are 2 of the MOST penalized teams in the NFL this season....BUT the reffing crew was also the group that throws the most flags of any other crew.

There's all sorts of reasons why penalties are called. Reputation, poor mechanics, dumb aggression, overactive ref crew, etc etc etc etc etc.

Comment

This is hilarious. It's almost like people bitching about free throw differential in basketball to suggest bias or that the game is fixed. Not every team commits the same amount of penalties. Just because the Cowboys are more undisciplined than other teams does not mean the refs "have it out for them" or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stranger View Post
              Like I posted earlier I don't find them that incriminating. If you look at the 30 years the article pretty much ignores (the most recent 30) the Cowboys are penalized more than their opponents 19 times. What that tells me is that over the last 30 years the Dallas have a little more than half the time (what you would expect if everything averages out) been more ill disciplined than their opponents.
              So you're saying that for that 19 year span there was a double standard?

Comment

With all of the paragons of virtue the Cowboys trot out there each year, it's really shocking that they keep getting penalized.

I mean, it's not like horsecollaring and blocking-you-by-shoving-my-hand-in-your-facemask were made into penalties because of your team or anything...
                Last edited by Monomach; 12-12-2009, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

And Caste, this comes from another Cowboys fans, if you start a thread like this alleging special persecution of a single team, don't be naive, realize you're going get ridiculed -- open that door & you will have to grow a thicker skin.
                  If anyone has thin skin, it's just about everyone else who couldn't resist replying in this thread without e-screaming and pooping all over themselves. I'm not exactly shaking in my space boots.

The level of RAAAAAAAAGE in some of these clowns shows it's a sore subject for them, though I can't really imagine why.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                    With all of the paragons of virtue the Cowboys trot out there each year, it's really shocking that they keep getting penalized.

I mean, it's not like horsecollaring and facemasking were made into penalties because of your team or anything...
                    I know you're not interested in an actual argument, but it's worth pointing out that those types of penalties are not at all what I had in mind (nor are they the ones that end up mattering in the grand scheme of things).

It's the non-holds on the Jacobs TD runs. It's the unnecessary roughnesses on the Leonard Davises when they block Michael Strahan during a live play. It's the offsides on DeMarcus Ware on a third down stop when Ware was conclusively not past the LOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
                      I know you're not interested in an actual argument, but it's worth pointing out that those types of penalties are not at all what I had in mind (nor are they the ones that end up mattering in the grand scheme of things).

It's the non-holds on the Jacobs TD runs. It's the unnecessary roughnesses on the Leonard Davises when they block Michael Strahan during a live play. It's the offsides on DeMarcus Ware on a third down stop when Ware was conclusively not past the LOS.
                      1. How do they not matter? You whine and ***** that your team gets penalized a lot and I pointed out that flagrant dirty play has actually been a large part of it in the Cowboys' case. I bet if you broke everything down far enough , the difference between the Cowboys and the middle of the penalty pack each year is one Roy Williams/Erik Williams/Flozell type of guy.

2. Hitting a guy when he's on the ground isn't blocking.

3. Not every hold is seen by a ref. The Cowboys have benefitted from this, too, you know.

3. Offsides calls aren't exactly reviewable. So one bad offsides call that no one could complain about before it was shown in slow motion (everyone I watched that game with thought the call was right when we had just seen it in real-time...it was an incredible first step) is what you're bitching about in this thread.

Everyone else is right. You're just a whiny whiner.
                      Last edited by Monomach; 12-13-2009, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                        are you serious? your initial argument, that the cowboys get penalized more than anyone, is the one that, in this quote, you're immediately disregarding, simply so you can whine about a couple of non-calls? have you like, ever watched a game the cowboys weren't involved in? or are you really this pathetically myopic?

but hey, yeah. it's just the cowboys. i'm sure any chargers fan would've agreed with that last season.
                        Those non-calls affect the call ratio, guy.

My point was more that (obviously) I have no problem with horse collars and facemasks getting called. Refs tend to show varying levels of scrutiny regarding calls more like intentional grounding and holding than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                          1. How do they not matter? You whine and ***** that your team gets penalized a lot and I pointed out that flagrant dirty play has actually been a large part of it in the Cowboys' case. I bet if you broke everything down far enough , the difference between the Cowboys and the middle of the penalty pack each year is one Roy Williams/Erik Williams/Flozell type of guy.
                          You're whining and bitching that I'm not whining and bitching about flagrant penalties getting called. Ok.

2. Hitting a guy when he's on the ground isn't blocking.
                          Blocking a guy during a live play is blocking. I appreciate you not disagreeing with me.

3. Not every hold is seen by a ref. The Cowboys have benefitted from this, too, you know.
                          Except it happened right next to the ballcarrier and was visible from all angles.

Also, I've never said Dallas never gets away with penalties. What people like you are failing to consider is the MAGNITUDE of the missed calls. The non-hold on the Jacobs TD was crushing. The offsides on Ware that gave the Giants 7 points in a 4 point game was crushing.

@)#(*&@#(*&(*$(*#$((#*&$(*#&@*(#^*!@^@*&#*&@ of that sort of magnitude take a bit of effort.
                          3. Offsides calls aren't exactly reviewable. So one bad offsides call that no one could complain about before it was shown in slow motion (everyone I watched that game with thought the call was right when we had just seen it in real-time...it was an incredible first step) is what you're bitching about in this thread.
                          Ware was doing things like that on most snaps in most games. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

Everyone else is right. You're just a whiny whiner.
                          I'm not a whiner. You're a whiner.
                          Last edited by njx9; 12-13-2009, 12:44 AM. Reason: we have censors. stop circumventing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Supporting Caste View Post
                            Those non-calls affect the call ratio, guy.

My point was more that (obviously) I have no problem with horse collars and facemasks getting called. Refs tend to show varying levels of scrutiny regarding calls more like intentional grounding and holding than anything else.
                            Sadly, the stats that you provided don't support this point at all. All they say is that the Cowboys have more penalties than anyone else.

Is the least penalized team just getting a free pass from the refs? Are the refs ignoring all of their holding calls?

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                            Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                            i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                            Originally posted by Job
                            NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

The problem is that given the nation-wide notoriety of the Cowboys, our problems are hard to get across without sounding like crybabies. Yes, we have national attention at all times. HOWEVER, there is a clear HOF bias, as well as officiating bias. Yeah I guess we're crybabies, but it is what it is. A lot of people in America hate our team, including officials and the HOF committee. If you're doubting, compare the number of HOFers we have with other franchises that have less historical importance.

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                                don't EVEN discuss the hall. let me know when anyone from the orange crush gets in and we can talk about a hall bias. you had roughly 10 guys get in during a period in which you went to four super bowls and won one of them.

denver has one player from a similar period of play.

sorry, it IS whining. frankly, it's like a yankees fan kvetching because their entire roster isn't enshrined. you were america's team for a bloody reason, and it's not because everyone on earth hated you. you're not the raiders.
                                Denver not getting deserving guys in is a separate issue, one I tend to agree with when it comes to most historic greats who played D. Like I said, I realize nobody feels bad for us, but all I'm saying is that it's not like we catch all the breaks (and we have some injustice as well).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information