Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Receivers in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    1 Andre Johnson
    2 Larry Fitzgerald
    3 Reggie Wayne
    4 Calvin Johnson
    5 Brandon Marshall
    6 Randy Moss
    7 Vincent Jackson
    8 DeSean Jackson
    9 Roddy White
    10 Greg Jennings


    Saints 2014 draft wish list:
    - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
    - Corner or Wideout in the first
    - No reaching
    - No Kelvin Benjamin

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      ive edited it.
      Randy Moss doesn't run many in routes etc bc he does more for his team by clearing out the field on a streak than catching a slant for 10 yards.

      Nobody clears out the field for his teammates the way Moss does. Ever. Thats not even debatable.

      And the Moss treatment is different from the Johnson/Fitz treatment. Maybe not as much this year, but in year's past, it clearly was. It wasn't even a double team, bc Moss would eat double teams. Its not just his CB and a safety. He'd stretch the LB on his side, and the other safety.

      Even Johnson and Fitz never got that kind of treatment.

      This year he's been doubled in a traditional fashion when up against better CBs in the game, but he's still making them pay for it.

      Even Revis had help up top.

      I saw Revis shut Andre Johnson down with no help. But he always had a safety help him on Moss. What does that tell you?

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Randy Moss doesn't run many in routes etc bc he does more for his team by clearing out the field on a streak than catching a slant for 10 yards.

        Nobody clears out the field for his teammates the way Moss does. Ever. Thats not even debatable.

        And the Moss treatment is different from the Johnson/Fitz treatment. Maybe not as much this year, but in year's past, it clearly was. It wasn't even a double team, bc Moss would eat double teams. Its not just his CB and a safety. He'd stretch the LB on his side, and the other safety.

        Even Johnson and Fitz never got that kind of treatment.

        This year he's been doubled in a traditional fashion when up against better CBs in the game, but he's still making them pay for it.

        Even Revis had help up top.

        I saw Revis shut Andre Johnson down with no help. But he always had a safety help him on Moss. What does that tell you?
        great then why isnt Terrell Owens rank? seems like you are going off of past accomplishments

        Comment


        • #34
          he's quit on the team roughly 6 times this season, resulting in 4 of the patriots losses.
          Are you including yesterday, Sunday the 13th? Their opponent DB said "he quit" b/c he was pouting about being sent home for showing up late to practice.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            his skills have obvioulsy eroded. He is like the NFL version of a rodeo clown at this point.
            That's why he has 937 yards and 7 touchdowns.

            Comment


            • #36
              I put Randy Moss on my list because he is a great WR but I can't stand these diva WRs who quit on their team or cause their team harm. It's ridiculous.

              I love a player who has swagger and confidence, I even like some who talk trash to opposing DBs from time to time, but don't quit on your team and don't let your actions hurt overall team chemistry. It's just stupid.

              Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by njx9
                he's quit on the team roughly 6 times this season, resulting in 4 of the patriots losses. clearly that's an argument for his potential effectiveness, but i can't justify putting a guy who'd rather jog routes (and i don't mean the moss jog-sprint-by-everyone thing, i mean the moss walk-three-steps-jog-two-go-to-the-huddle thing), not even make an attempt to catch a ball off his numbers and make a pitiful effort anytime they ask him to go anywhere but deep as the best receiver in the game. it's frankly, difficult to justify putting him in the top ten.

                i feel like i've had this discussion before, but whatever.

                if we were putting a list of the most talented wrs, moss could still be one. i just don't see how you can call him one of the best given the literal joke of a season he's put forth so far (the vast majority of his numbers came in 6 games against garbage pass defenses).
                To be fair to Moss, in the beginning of the season he was wide open several times but Brady just missed him. Brady wasn't healthy at the time.

                We've gone over this before, and we're just going to have opposing views on it. Even with his lack of effort at times, I'll take Randy Moss any day of the week.

                He's not the only WR who quits on routes and jogs routes. He gets more attention than others bc hes Randy Moss.

                Ive seen Plax quit on tons of routes. Even games. But he was still a beast. Bc even when he quit, you still had to respect him.

                Everyone looks at #s with WRs, but its not that simple. Plax had games where he had 2 catches for 30 yards, but on tape had an incredible effect on the game. Charlie Casserly broke it down last year, how he would get tripled through a jog at times. But that still opened up his teammates.

                Moss does the same. But he shifts coverages like no other. Thats why I like him so much.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                  great then why isnt Terrell Owens rank? seems like you are going off of past accomplishments
                  Bc im not?

                  Randy Moss is still one of the top statistical WRs in the league and Owens isn't.


                  You act like Moss isn't doing a thing out there. Even now he's still a beast.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I agree about the Randy Moss treatment. Him just being on the field makes a team better. He demands so much attention. And even with that attention, and even when he's dogging it he puts up great stats.
                    Citing Welker's stats actually could be a positive in a pro Randy argument. Without Moss, Welker is average. With him, he's a stad padding stud.
                    It's easy to look at stats to make a list, but football really isn't a stat game.. at all.. you have to look at way more than that and Moss dictates coverage, and demands attention, and makes team specifically game plan for him, all while making spectacular plays and putting up big numbers. Now, I don't have him #1 this year but I think leaving him outside of the top 3 or 5 would be a mistake.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Bc im not?

                      Randy Moss is still one of the top statistical WRs in the league and Owens isn't.


                      You act like Moss isn't doing a thing out there. Even now he's still a beast.
                      i know, never said anything else, but if you are basing it on this year, i see no logical argument to have him ranked top Wide receiver of the league

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        i know, never said anything else, but if you are basing it on this year, i see no logical argument to have him ranked top Wide receiver of the league
                        off stats, yes, youre right, he's not.

                        but i don't think its fair to look at stats as the only justification of who's the best WR in the league.

                        Many of us have Megatron in our lists. But he hasn't done jack this year.

                        Contrarily, most of us don't have Steve Smith (the giants) on their list despite the fact that he's put up great numbers this year. Better numbers than many of the WRs on our lists.

                        I as a Giants fan readily admit that in spite of his #s, Smith isn't anywhere near a top 10 WR.
                        Last edited by bigbluedefense; 12-14-2009, 04:09 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          that's demonstrably false. moss does not and has NEVER put up anything even approaching good stats when he chooses not to try.



                          he "demands" double coverage based on past accomplishment and, this year, based literally SOLELY on the fact that he's fast. that's the only conceivable reason to play a safety over him ever, since he can't beat anyone on any route that isn't a straight go. given that he runs the play poorly this year, brady throws it poorly and their OC doesn't call it (occasionally at all), it's mind boggling why anyone is respecting it this year.

                          again, you and bbd have put forth arguments for moss being a great receiver over past years. none of these arguments remotely apply to this year.
                          What I meant to say was despite dogging it sometimes he still demands the extra attention, and with all of the attention he gets he still puts up good stats. Sorry for the confusion, I typed that up wrong, and made it sound like he was a stat stud when not trying, which for the most part is false.

                          But I still do feel that his ability dictates game planning a ton, and its evident on the field. When you factor in that the guy has still put up top 10 stats while being specifically game planned against you have to respect how good he is.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Welker has those numbers bc of Moss. That middle of the field wouldn't be open if Moss didn't clear it for him.

                            Before Welker came to NE he was nothing but a solid slot WR. After he joined NE with Moss he magically became a stat compiler. Moss makes him look better than he is.
                            THIS. Thank god someone realizes this. Welker is good because of the system he's in. He's the perfect guy for the role that he plays, but in terms of being an overall receiver like I think top-ten guys should be, he doesn't compare.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I think a top reciever is more than stats. Hines Ward is an example.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Hines Ward is not a top receiver

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information