No announcement yet.

Top 10 Receivers in NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to do this in order of who I would want most on my team right now, production on the field mixed with physical tools/potential

1. Calvin Johnson
    2. Andre Johnson
    3. Larry Fitzgerald
    4. Brandon Marshall
    5. Reggie Wayne
    6. Vincent Jackson
    7. Chad Ochocinco aka Estaban Hachi Go
    8. DeSean Jackson
    9. Randy Moss (when/if he decides to turn it on again no man...or 2 men can stop him)
    10. Roddy White

next tier (in no particular order):
    Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Mike Sims-Walker, Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith(s), Wes Welker, Marques Colston, Sidney Rice, Michael Crabtree, Kenny Britt, Anquan Boldin
    Last edited by senormysterioso; 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      Hines Ward is not a top receiver
      Stat wise, yes. If I wanted an all around reciever who is not selfish and willing to do whatever for the team, Hines Ward would be one of the top guys I call.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        That's why he has 937 yards and 7 touchdowns.
        Hines Ward has very similar numbers and no one thinks he's top ten. Those arn't the numbers of a top ten receiver. Only his attention ***** tactics keep his name in the news.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

I can't put Welker in my top 10. The guy isn't the best WR on his own team, he can't be top 10.

Especially considering he doesn't get nearly the same coverages that a #1 wr faces.

There are a lot of WRs who can be subbed in for Welker and do just as good of a job, if not better. Smith of the Giants, Santana Moss, DJax, Smith of the Panthers, etc.

It reminds me of the Housh vs Chad Johnson debates. Many felt Housh was better than Chad. But Chad faced the doubles and the best CB.

What has Housh done since he became a "#1" in Seattle? Absolutely nothing. The coverages you get changes a lot when youre not 2nd fiddle.

If Welker was a #1 WR on a team, he wouldn't have half the stats he has. There are a lot of WRs better than Welker.

Comment

I would not put Moss #1 right now. I think with Fitzgerald and Johnson you have to fear all the time, but I would be terrified if were facing the Patriots and Randy Moss. That terror is something I that would not have with players like Wayne (a product of Manning) or Marshall, etc.,etc.

Comment

that brings up a good point. its hard to say which WRs are truly great vs the product of a system/qb.

I think guys like Wayne are very good WRs, but much of the reason for his great #s is bc of Manning.

Ditto for Steve Smith (Giants). Eli makes him look much better than he is. He's nothing more than a solid #2 WR, yet he has #1 WR numbers bc of Eli.

Vincent Jackson...now thats a stud. You can't cover him. Even when he's covered, he's not. Thats why I have him #4 on my list.

To be fair, the relationship between a WR and a qb is mostly mutual, but I do feel certain qbs make their cores look better than they truly are.

And in some cases, WRs make their qbs look better than they truly are (Randy Moss is the poster child for this).

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                bitter much?
                I'm not bitter at all, I still like the trade we made. A more accurate statement would be, "hate the Patriots much?" to which I would reply yes, yes I do.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                If Welker was a #1 WR on a team, he wouldn't have half the stats he has. There are a lot of WRs better than Welker.
                This man knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                  Hines Ward has very similar numbers and no one thinks he's top ten. Those arn't the numbers of a top ten receiver. Only his attention ***** tactics keep his name in the news.
                  Did I say he was top ten? No. I responded to Lizard's dumb statements that Ocho's skills have deteriorated.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    that brings up a good point. its hard to say which WRs are truly great vs the product of a system/qb.

I think guys like Wayne are very good WRs, but much of the reason for his great #s is bc of Manning.

Ditto for Steve Smith (Giants). Eli makes him look much better than he is. He's nothing more than a solid #2 WR, yet he has #1 WR numbers bc of Eli.

Vincent Jackson...now thats a stud. You can't cover him. Even when he's covered, he's not. Thats why I have him #4 on my list.

To be fair, the relationship between a WR and a qb is mostly mutual, but I do feel certain qbs make their cores look better than they truly are.

And in some cases, WRs make their qbs look better than they truly are (Randy Moss is the poster child for this).
                    are you saying that brady is not good or the reason for the success of the Patriots??

Comment

I have said for years that Housh was MASSIVELY overrated and that Ochocino was way better than him - absolutely absurd debate. Thankfully TJ went to Seattle to end it

Yesterday Welker ran up a ton of catches and yards on the Panthers. Why? Because no one was covering him on 80% of their passes. Give him credit for finding holes in zones, but really...he was tearing Carolina apart yesterday on one drive and they didn't even try to adjust the coverage. Meanwhile Moss looked like he was sleepwalking through the game and was still heavily covered

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                        are you saying that brady is not good or the reason for the success of the Patriots??
                        Not entirely.

The statement was moreso a knock on guys like Randall Cunningham (who led the best offense in NFL history with Moss before the Pats), Jeff George, Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, and every other joke of a qb that Moss played with.

For Brady...no, but it isn't coincidence that he had the most TDs in NFL history and led the most dynamic offense in NFL history after he got Moss. Prior to Moss, Brady was never a stat demon.

Thats taking nothing away from Brady. Brady is the man.

Comment

Vincent Jackson FTW, the only times he does not absolutely explode in a defense's face are the times he is consistently doubled and rolled to, leading to ridiculous games from Gates/Floyd/everyone.

Comment

Brady is a great QB, but he's not an all time leader in passing touchdowns QB without Moss

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                              Moss is a great WR, but he's not an all time leader in receiving touchdowns without Brady
                              Can also work this way.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                Vincent Jackson FTW, the only times he does not absolutely explode in a defense's face are the times he is consistently doubled and rolled to, leading to ridiculous games from Gates/Floyd/everyone.
                                He's incredible. Vincent Jackson is uncoverable. He's a TE with WR speed.

The only WRs id take over him are Moss, Fitz, and Johnson. I think he's that good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information