Raiders sign J.P. Losman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders sign J.P. Losman

J.P. Losman has found his way back into the NFL.

Mike Florio reports that Losman and the Oakland Raiders have agreed to a deal. It's believed to be a one-year contract. Losman was in Oakland Tuesday to take a physical with the team.

We're told the team was heavily influenced by Losman's play in the UFL and his development under Jim Fassel.

Losman was Buffalo's first-round pick in 2004 out of Tulane, but spent this season in the United Football League. His Las Vegas Locomotives won the UFL title.

Raiders starter Bruce Gradkowski has two injured knees, so the Raiders starter this week is unknown. Tom Cable did not say Monday whether he'd go with Charlie Frye or JaMarcus Russell.

Now he's got another choice.

It's hard to imagine Losman starting Sunday, but. it would not be a surprise to see him get a look before the end of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-raiders/

Edit: apparently you can't edit titles

Start! Start! Start!

Comment

and fassel, Losman's coach for the ufl champion locomotives, was seen at the coliseum during the redskins game. It's no secret that fassel has had his sights set on the Raider hc job since he has been out of the NFL. Fassel's son is also the raiders special teams coordinator, could Al be planning a UFL reunion in the silver and black? Could his brain be so dilapidated that he actually believes the fassel-losman duo can have success in the NFL?? Losman at least gives us a better chance to win than russel.

Comment

good for JP Losman

Comment

I always loved Losman.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-m...-to-the-rescue

Comment

the funniest thing ever: I was thinking about him the other day and how I loved him as my backup QB in madden. this is awesome. I can't believe it. I was literally thinking of him yesterday
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Is the UFL even on tv? I didn't know the season had started.
                What are his stats for the season?
                -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

He can lock on to Darius Heyward-Bey like he did to Lee Evans.

Comment

well darn, I was looking forward to seeing Charlie Frye start against the Browns in two weeks.

Comment

I don't think he is that bad of a pick up my self depth atleast.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        He can lock on to Darius Heyward-Bey like he did to Lee Evans.
                        Except, DHB won't catch them like Evans would.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          the funniest thing ever: I was thinking about him the other day and how I loved him as my backup QB in madden. this is awesome. I can't believe it. I was literally thinking of him yesterday
                          Yeah, I could dominate with him. Back in the day, my guys would progress real quick. My best days were with Adrian McPherson at QB.

Comment

All I can say about this signing is... this guy will lead us to the promise land

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              stuff like this happens to me all the time..

and i miss bruce grad:(

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information