Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm fed up with the NFL and its stupid rules.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He knows he'll be fined for practically everything he does. Why should it stop him this time?

Comment

I say we write a letter!!!
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
        It is an atrocity, but he's a fairly good commissioner. He fails to realize that fans like this kind of stuff. I think as long as Chad clears stuff with the league or a league rep, he should not be fined.

This is clearly a situation that could merit an exception.
        You create one exception and that opens the floodgates for more by creating a precedent. As a commish you need to be consistent in these regards. The rules are there and need to be steadfast or you run the risk of people doing these types of things for every potential incident. I agree with Goodell and I like the work he's done in cleaning up the league.

Comment

I think people should stop making big deals out of a jersey number. What difference does it make if he wears Henry's number? It's just a number...on a jersey. There's more important things to worry about when someone dies. Seems to me Ochocinco is just using this as an opportunity to put the focus on himself.

Comment

I bet a lot of people will stop watching the NFL because of this.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Typical No Fun League.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
              2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

portis wasnt allowed to wear 21 against buffalo after taylor passed either...sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                  So why should Chad get to wear it? Because he's the most famous guy in the locker room and he called dibs first? Again, I feel like he's a good guy and I really feel that he was truly upset when they interviewed him the other day, but what about the other, less-famous guys who would also love to wear his jersey?
                  Chad and Chris Henry were actually legit close off the field. It's been well documented, even before Henry's death. If anyone deserves to wear the number, it's Chad.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                    You mean the rule that was put in place because Carson Palmer got hurt?

edit: They might call it because Brady got hurt but it was on the books after Palmer tore his ACL.

edit2: Is it a coincidence that Marvin Lewis is on the Competition Committee when that rule was enacted?
                    That rule is new this year...

Comment

Why do we care about Ochocinco's bank accounts... do it, pay the fine, they don't burn the fine money. It's charity, right?

I really do not care whether Johnson/Ocho's bank account has or had a balance of $5.4 mil instead of 5.7, etc. going back to 2003, 2004 when this became common, or whether he gets reimbursed. Now if he goes on a two week mission trip in March that might be interesting.
                      DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                        Chad and Chris Henry were actually legit close off the field. It's been well documented, even before Henry's death. If anyone deserves to wear the number, it's Chad.
                        Couldn't he have been very close with some other players too? Its just nobody cared to document his relationships with other players because nobody cares if Henry was good friends with some random backup who might not make the team. I'm not trying to say that Henry and Chad weren't close, I'm just saying that fans have a knowledge about how players interact together that is very shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by singe_101 View Post
                          Why do we care about Ochocinco's bank accounts... do it, pay the fine, they don't burn the fine money. It's charity, right?

I really do not care whether Johnson/Ocho's bank account has or had a balance of $5.4 mil instead of 5.7, etc. going back to 2003, 2004 when this became common, or whether he gets reimbursed. Now if he goes on a two week mission trip in March that might be interesting.
                          A. The NFLPA has agreed to pay the fine

B. This just sets it up so no one can just change their number. Someone with bad intentions, moreso than Ocho/the league could try and use this. If the NFL doesn't fine Ocho, then players can't get fined for changing numbers anymore.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                            Couldn't he have been very close with some other players too? Its just nobody cared to document his relationships with other players because nobody cares if Henry was good friends with some random backup who might not make the team. I'm not trying to say that Henry and Chad weren't close, I'm just saying that fans have a knowledge about how players interact together that is very shallow.
                            I don't, but I know what writers write and observe and that's always been out there. I have just as much to go on as you do, I'm just not talking in abstracts and maybes. Chad and Chris Henry were known to be close. If he wants to wear the jersey and has the incentive to do it, it's a damn good thing. I'm not going to say OH HE'S JUST DOING IT FOR ATTENTION. Was Jake Plummer doing it for attention when he wore the Pat Tillman decal? How dare he. The waterboy at ASU and Tillman were so close.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

I'm fed up with people complaining about the rules, specifically in regards to Chad Johnson.

Comment

Chad Unocinco?

sig by fenikz
                                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                                You are just a terrible person.
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                                I have an iPhone.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information