Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm fed up with the NFL and its stupid rules.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fines go to charity, he's a millionaire, please keep fining him. Fine him for brushing his teeth. It's charity. It's charity.

Comment

Didn't the whole Redskins team wear the #21 after Sean Taylor's death, or at least something to that affect. It is bull if they fine him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        I'm fed up with people complaining about the rules, specifically in regards to Chad Johnson.
        Meh, I cant blame people for getting upset with the way certain things are being run by the commissioner. Most people that defend chad look past the whole rules thing because his intentions arent really anything bad, but more of a having fun/fooling around type manner, however if they let one do it, theyd have to let everyone do it so yeah it makes sense to keep fining the guy.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
          Didn't the whole Redskins team wear the #21 after Sean Taylor's death, or at least something to that affect. It is bull if they fine him for that.
          I think they all wore his number in the ProBowl.

Comment

Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
            I think they all wore his number in the ProBowl.
            Didn't they wear T-shirts that had the number 21 on it under their jerseys too? I think I remember one of their receivers lifting his jersey up after a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Vox Populi View Post
              That rule is new this year...
              No, it isn't. It was put into place that you could not go low on a QB after Carson Palmer tore his ACL in 2005. The rule as in place that next off-season. (feel free to search the internet. It's been a part of carson palmer's wiki page for quite some time.)

The owners got together, discussed the rule, and had the competition committee to remind the referees it existed after the Brady hit which was fairly obviously a violation that should have been flagged. The emphasis was added after Brady was taken down. All roughing the passer fouls are up this year though and they were last year.

------
              As far as consistency, that's why I said that to break rules, you should need the leagues "permission". The players can cry about the league showing favoritism to players all they want, but given extenuating circumstances, I think you should at least allow the league to make exceptions. Lots of groups do this (the motion to suspend rules is one every moderator knows all about).
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                I don't, but I know what writers write and observe and that's always been out there. I have just as much to go on as you do, I'm just not talking in abstracts and maybes. Chad and Chris Henry were known to be close. If he wants to wear the jersey and has the incentive to do it, it's a damn good thing. I'm not going to say OH HE'S JUST DOING IT FOR ATTENTION. Was Jake Plummer doing it for attention when he wore the Pat Tillman decal? How dare he. The waterboy at ASU and Tillman were so close.
                He wore a decal, he didn't change his entire jersey for him. Again, all I'm saying is that there are likely a bunch of guys who would love to wear his jersey on Sunday. Plus, if you let Chad wear his jersey for the game, the story of the game would shift from "look, the Bengals are honoring their former teammate" to "look how Chad Johnson is honoring his former teammate."

Comment

i think we're overreacting to the rule bc of a death quite honestly.

rules are rules. the league needs to establish parameters, and make them black and white. bc once you enter that grey space for any rule, you start opening up the grey space for all the rules. and that can't be had.

For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.

yes, i totally stole that from the Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift.

but the point remains, you can't go around bending rules for certain situations. its not fair to the rules.

remember before Goodell (and prior to him to a certain extent, Tagliabue) made his changes? how stupid some of the nonsense in the league was? he cleaned up a lot of garbage. whole teams running into the endzone and celebrating touchdowns. guys celebrating touchdowns when theyre down by 21. a lot of the changes are good for the game.

Comment

Not wanting to be a distraction, @OGOchocinco won't wear 15 today. He'll have a 15 jersey with him, and 15 will be on his heart and mind.
                    From schefters twitter

Comment

Goddell is a holier then thou pompas ***.who is Chad harming by wearing 15 to honor a fallen teammate?anwser:noone.there's a reason it's the NO FUN LEAGUE

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        I'm fed up with people complaining about the rules, specifically in regards to Chad Johnson.
                        We (or atleast I) are not complaining about the rules, but the fact that the NFL can't make an exception here. It's a good rule, but it doesn't make sense why this can't be made an exception.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Brandon Marshall is wearing Henry's name.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
                            I think people should stop making big deals out of a jersey number. What difference does it make if he wears Henry's number? It's just a number...on a jersey. There's more important things to worry about when someone dies. Seems to me Ochocinco is just using this as an opportunity to put the focus on himself.
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            what?! chad johnson? an attention *****?! there's just... no way... it can't be true. he does everything because he loves football.
                            what if you guys are wrong? how stupid would you feel?

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                              what if you guys are wrong? how stupid would you feel?
                              I have been going back and forth on this but currently leaning against Chad after watching the TD celebration and more crying. Even if this is how he genuinely feels, he is still using Henry's death to draw a bunch of attention towards himself and it doesn't sit quite right with me.

Comment

Calm down guys about the NFL making an exception. They are not going to do it, so get over it. If they can bend this rule why can't they do it any other time.

And don't give me the NFL doesn't want to honor its players that have died. They have ways in order to honor players and coaches with number on the helmets or patches on the jerseys. Also this has happened before with, OC is not the first on to do this, and i'm sure plenty of players want to do the same. Any one remember Jake Plumber and Pat Tillman?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information