Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm fed up with the NFL and its stupid rules.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fed up with the NFL and its stupid rules.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4756880

They want to fine 85 for a FREAKING NUMBER CHANGE???? So the MLB should fine everybody who uses 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson? So the NBA should have fined Kobe when he switched from 8 to 24? Come on, the guy is just honoring his former teammate. But this is not the only rule I'm talking about. Sure Chad loves to do some fun celebrations. But fining him for wearing a sombrero is stupid. Goodell, it's a football league, not a catholic school. Less stupid rules, please.

I'm fed up with Roger Goodell. He's a pompous ass.

Comment

No one can wear 42 in MLB except players who were grandfathered in before they retired it across the board and on Jackie Robinson day(which is just to sell jerseys with the number 42 on it.)

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

that is just wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by iworshipbender View Post
          No one can wear 42 in MLB except players who were grandfathered in before they retired it across the board and on Jackie Robinson day(which is just to sell jerseys with the number 42 on it.)
          I know it, I was just making a stupid point, lol. Ain't Rivera the only player to use it everyday?

Comment

The worst part about it is that Godell is probably the best commissioner of the four major sports because Bettman is absurdly awful, Selig is a gutless tool, and Stern favors the stars in a blatant way.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              The worst part about it is that Godell is probably the best commissioner of the four major sports because Bettman is absurdly awful, Selig is a gutless tool, and Stern favors the stars in a blatant way.
              It is an atrocity, but he's a fairly good commissioner. He fails to realize that fans like this kind of stuff. I think as long as Chad clears stuff with the league or a league rep, he should not be fined.

This is clearly a situation that could merit an exception.
              **** her in da *****!

Comment

Huyghue >>>>>>>>> Goodell

Comment

I'm going to completely sound like a tight ass for this, but here it goes...

They want to fine 85 for a FREAKING NUMBER CHANGE???? So the MLB should fine everybody who uses 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson? So the NBA should have fined Kobe when he switched from 8 to 24?
                  I'm sorry, but you contradict yourself right away, those are completely different situations. They occur at the end of the year, where its fine for players to switch jersey numbers, for any sport. You don't see players in the other sports changing their jersey number from game to game.

But this is not the only rule I'm talking about. Sure Chad loves to do some fun celebrations. But fining him for wearing a sombrero is stupid.
                  So, a guy breaks a rule in the rulebook that is known to result in fines, and since he's fined, its stupid? Yeah, maybe the rule is a little strict, but I think a NFL without its prop rule would get carried away. Every attention ***** who ever scored would be digging stuff out of the stands or goal post pad to see if he can get on ESPN. Again, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but it would get carried away very quickly.

Come on, the guy is just honoring his former teammate.
                  I get that he wants to honor his teammate, I really do. I don't think he's being a bad person for that, its actually pretty cool. HOWEVER, do you really think Chad is the only person in that locker room who would like to honor Henry by wearing his jersey tomorrow? I bet you would get 20-30 guys would don it just because they loved the guy. So why should Chad get to wear it? Because he's the most famous guy in the locker room and he called dibs first? Again, I feel like he's a good guy and I really feel that he was truly upset when they interviewed him the other day, but what about the other, less-famous guys who would also love to wear his jersey?
                  Last edited by Twiddler; 12-19-2009, 06:21 PM.

Comment

How about Cambell being fined 5k for this sack on Favre because he used "excessive emphasis? Real Weak.
                    http://www.nfl.com/videos/arizona-ca...nishes-Vikings

at :44

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                      Stern favors the stars in a blatant way.
                      And Roger Goodell doesn't? You're no longer allowed to lunge at a QBs legs to try and get a sack because thats how Tom Brady got hurt. If it was Marc Bulger instead of Brady that rule doesn't exist.

And the NBA is a star driven league, it always has been, most young people who watch the NBA don't have a team, they just watch their favorite players.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                        And Roger Goodell doesn't? You're no longer allowed to lunge at a QBs legs to try and get a sack because thats how Tom Brady got hurt. If it was Marc Bulger instead of Brady that rule doesn't exist.
                        It's not because Goodell favors the stars, it's because Brady is God.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                          You mean the rule that was put in place because Carson Palmer got hurt?

edit: They might call it because Brady got hurt but it was on the books after Palmer tore his ACL.

edit2: Is it a coincidence that Marvin Lewis is on the Competition Committee when that rule was enacted?
                          Last edited by descendency; 12-19-2009, 06:42 PM.
                          **** her in da *****!

Comment

pathetic simple as that.let the man wear 15 for ONE FREAKING GAME.the NFLPA is appearantly going to cover whatever fine Ocho gets if he wears it

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                              pathetic simple as that.let the man wear 15 for ONE FREAKING GAME.the NFLPA is appearantly going to cover whatever fine Ocho gets if he wears it
                              They arent allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information