Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brady Quinn on IR, the return of Lord Anderson.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm betting that even if Derek Anderson posts a couple of strong games, he's going bye-bye after the end of the season. Hopefully he looks decent enough that we can get somebody to give up a draft pick for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ROADBLOCK View Post
      I'm betting that even if Derek Anderson posts a couple of strong games, he's going bye-bye after the end of the season. Hopefully he looks decent enough that we can get somebody to give up a draft pick for him.
      Yeah man at least we have Brady Quinn the ninja assassin to lead us to victories hes the real deal!

Comment

Garbage.

Why even try with Anderson? We've gone down this route. He sucks, end of story. The front office has to be idiotic if they think they can get trade value for the guy, no team will trade for him just based on TWO games. And that's even if they ignore his horrendous play earlier this season.

Ratliff supposedly has a lot of potential, give him a go. I think that when Anderson is sucking against the Raiders, Ratliff'll be in at halftime.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NotRickJames View Post
          Garbage.

Why even try with Anderson? We've gone down this route. He sucks, end of story. The front office has to be idiotic if they think they can get trade value for the guy, no team will trade for him just based on TWO games. And that's even if they ignore his horrendous play earlier this season.

Ratliff supposedly has a lot of potential, give him a go. I think that when Anderson is sucking against the Raiders, Ratliff'll be in at halftime.
          Because Mangini probably thinks he can keep his job if he ends the season on a 4 game win streak...

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
            Because Mangini probably thinks he can keep his job if he ends the season on a 4 game win streak...
            Ratliff would be hard-pressed to be worse than Anderson. This guy completes 42% of his passes and just earlier this year went 2/17.....
            Just play me, baby

Comment

Ratliff would be hard-pressed to be worse than Anderson. This guy completes 42% of his passes and just earlier this year went 2/17.....
              That's two more completions than Ratliff has in his whole 2 year career. If Mangini was looking for the future of his team, it would be smart to play Ratliff, but at this point I think another QB controversy would be a terrible idea.

Mangini needs to enter 2010 with his QB decided (Brady Quinn) and Derek Anderson has to be traded. These next two games have a chance to increase Anderson's stock, and the risk is low because currently his stock can't go any lower.

Furthermore, Anderson has way more experience in the current system and just more experience in the NFL. Just because he performed poorly earlier doesn't mean he's destined to perform poorly now. If we could predict a player's next performance based on his past, then Derek Anderson would have thrown 30 TDs last year after throwing 29 TDs in 2007.

Simply put: Anderson should be in his prime right now, it's been 4 years since his first snap, and he's looked good before. Any coach, not just Mangini, would be thrown through a loop with this guy and what to do with him.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                Lord Anderson disapproves, you will be smited soon.
                No problem; just wear a Browns Jersey.

Comment

Dude ratliff is the best player ever he has a ton of snaps in the NFL and is clearly awesome considering he hasn't even gotten consideration to start over our two ****** qbs! He is clearly leaps and bounds better than Tom Brady and its insane to fathom why he hasn't gotten a start.

Comment

OMGYESSSSSSSS

DRAGONZzZzZZ SHALL BE UNLEASHED!!!1!1!!@!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                      That's two more completions than Ratliff has in his whole 2 year career. If Mangini was looking for the future of his team, it would be smart to play Ratliff, but at this point I think another QB controversy would be a terrible idea.

Mangini needs to enter 2010 with his QB decided (Brady Quinn) and Derek Anderson has to be traded. These next two games have a chance to increase Anderson's stock, and the risk is low because currently his stock can't go any lower.

Furthermore, Anderson has way more experience in the current system and just more experience in the NFL. Just because he performed poorly earlier doesn't mean he's destined to perform poorly now. If we could predict a player's next performance based on his past, then Derek Anderson would have thrown 30 TDs last year after throwing 29 TDs in 2007.

Simply put: Anderson should be in his prime right now, it's been 4 years since his first snap, and he's looked good before. Any coach, not just Mangini, would be thrown through a loop with this guy and what to do with him.
                      No team in their right mind is going to trade anything for Derek Anderson.....Matt Millen isn't a GM anymore.

And by the way - he's never looked good before. I'm a Browns fan and saw him play when he threw 29 TD's in a season. He was bailed by Braylon and Winslow, never looked accurate. He SUCKS. There's zero sense in playing him now, and I expect he'll be benched by halftime vs the Raiders.
                      Just play me, baby

Comment

I would start Josh Cribbs at QB

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

and I expect he'll be benched by halftime vs the Raiders.
                          Then you sir are not intelligent.

Comment

Anderson sucks. I'm a Browns fan and I WANT to see him gone. I honestly think Brady Quinn would be better if he knew he was going to be the starter, and he got his chance to develop that chemistry with the Browns young receiver corps. The receivers are young, Quinn's young. Steve Heiden is really the only veteran left on the offense. Jamal Lewis is retiring. Everyone else on the Browns offense is young, save for our few veteran linemen.

However, with all the hype I've been reading on Holmgren all week, I'm beginning to think more and more that he is going to bring in a quarterback that he has experience with, or that has West Coast offense experience. I hate to say this but this could possibly be a prequel to the return of Charlie Frye, whom I believe has excellent potential left in him. Everyone's making a big deal out of the game this weekend because he's coming home to play his old team, but remember, Holmgren coached Frye for 2 years in Seattle and both have high praise to say about one another. This is another possibility that could make it on the table.

As for Mangini, I say give the guy another year, but I'm almost sure that Holmgren will switch to the West Coast offense, and if Mangini can't figure it out in time, he will probably bring in a new head coach. Rob Ryan's job is probably safe, he's a player favorite anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ROADBLOCK View Post
                              I hate to say this but this could possibly be a prequel to the return of Charlie Frye, whom I believe has excellent potential left in him.
                              Hahahahahahahahahaha.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

If he saw potential in Charlie Frye, why didn't he resign him?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information