No announcement yet.

Week 16 Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am rooting for the Patriots, Bengals, and Raiders.

Comment

• Roy Williams has 38 catches out of 85 throws for a 44.7 percent reception rate. That is the second-lowest reception rate among the 64 NFL receivers who have been targeted for at least 80 passes. Cleveland's Mohamed Massaquoi has 33 catches out of 92 passes for the lowest rate, at 35.9.
      mmmmm. Draft picks well spent.

And drops arent an official statistic so, you'll get a bunch of different numbers depending upon where you look....but the guy has dropped damn near 15 passes this season. I saw one site credit him with 7 for the year, which is laughable because he probably has 7 in the last three or four games. He's T.O. without the the positive numbers to offset some of the drops.
      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-29-2009, 05:04 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        mmmmm. Draft picks well spent.
        Ugh, that doesn't look good. The worst thing is that he looks like he has regressed throughout the year. I still have hope though :(. I think..

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Ugh, that doesn't look good. The worst thing is that he looks like he has regressed throughout the year. I still have hope though :(. I think..
          Fingers crossed. At least he holds on to balls in the end zone. I figured he wasnt going to be great here but, I thought he'd have at least upwards of 800 or so yards. Still terrible from a "#1" receiver but, that was more what I was expecting, to go with good TD numbers.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-29-2009, 05:10 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Fingers crossed. At least he holds on to balls in the end zone. I figured he wasnt going to be great here but, I thought he'd have at least have upwards of 800 or so yards. Still terrible from a "#1" receiver but, that was more what I was expecting, to go with good TD numbers.
            Well at the very least, he can be our solid to decent #2 WR to go along with Miles Austin for the next five or so years. Like you said, he's a good target in the end zone.

Comment

• Like I said YO, Viking secondary sucks. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                ITS OK GUYS! I HAVE CALMED DOWN! I blew off my steam, and i am thinking rationally again!
                If you're a viking fan you're never thinking rationally. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  If you're a viking fan you're never thinking rationally. :)
                  haha and i would say the same to you, my friend..

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                  Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                    I'm in support of this motion.

I'm worried about the Giants, they were the one team that I actually valued Sharper against. They also have a couple more speed guys that are going to destroy Bryant McKinnie...
                    mckinnie is a bum. i dont think it matters too much who goes up against him, they will probably have success. but yes, the giants scare the **** out of me too. every time we play the giants all i can think of is 2001 nfc championship game.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                      Like I said YO, Viking secondary sucks. ;)

Winfield clearly isn't 100%.

Also- times we have given up 500 yards- zero.

;)

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        Winfield clearly isn't 100%.

Also- times we have given up 500 yards- zero.

;)
                        Packers got 4 INT from Cutler, didn't give up 4 TD. ;)

Didn't they say that Winfeild hurt his foot again?

they get smoked.

Comment

• And drops arent an official statistic so, you'll get a bunch of different numbers depending upon where you look....but the guy has dropped damn near 15 passes this season. I saw one site credit him with 7 for the year, which is laughable because he probably has 7 in the last three or four games. He's T.O. without the the positive numbers to offset some of the drops.
                          I remember the commentators mentioning that Roy had the most drops that hit his numbers in the league. The catches on targets is tough because guys with poor QB play will look worse than they are and vice versa but Roy drops a lot that hit his numbers, needs to concentrate harder on making the catch, seems very caught up on what he will do next, also seems to be scared of contact.

Like I said YO, Viking secondary sucks
                          I don't think you will find many Vikes fans who would argue that. Along with the OL it was always going to be the biggest weakness on our team and it has been. Winfield is clearly not 100% and the DL is really struggling and those two things make a poor secondary really weak.

The other problem we are having is that the offense is struggling, so instead of playing from ahead we are having to respect teams running the ball, which stops JA and Edwards from pinning the ears back and is really freezing the LBs which is further exposing the secondary.

mckinnie is a bum. i dont think it matters too much who goes up against him, they will probably have success.
                          McKinnie is normally very good against power rushers and is good at run blocking. He is big and strong but he is so cement footed and doesn't use his arms well at all to make up for it and speed guys just abuse him. It hasn't helped him that with Harvin struggling Favre is holding onto the ball longer and asking more of the line.

Didn't they say that Winfeild hurt his foot again?
                          I heard them mention that it appears to be bothering him, from what I know it is one of those injuries that wont go away within the season, it's a management thing and he will have to play through it.

Packers got 4 INT from Cutler
                          Won't find an argument from me about this. I picked the Packers to win the division and have the best defense before the season, I was actually surprised how long it took you guys to get going more than anything. I still think you have the most talented team in the division and I still think you are more likely to rep the North in the superbowl. Obviously I hope to be wrong but we are capitulating at the moment and the best I can really hope for is a Cardinals like sudden funk snap, maybe the Giants can give us that, Eli has sort of been our ***** the last few times, could give the defense the boost it needs.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information