Quarterbacks vs the Blitz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarterbacks vs the Blitz

Ed Thompson of Scout.com ranked the top and bottom 5 QB's in the league handling the blitz.

The Winners:
    1. Drew Brees
    2. Peyton Manning
    3. Aaron Rodgers
    4. Donovan McNabb
    5. Philip Rivers

The Losers:
    30. Josh Freeman
    31. Mark Sanchez
    32. JaMarcus Russell
    33. Jake Delhomme
    34. Derek Anderson

Out of 34 QB's.
    Last edited by j05son; 12-26-2009, 01:10 PM.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

That is not so surprising.

Comment

I would have guessed Ben Roethlisberger would be top 5.

Comment

Big Ben couldn't spot a blitz to save his life. Can he avoid sacks? Yes
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Who the hell is Jack Delhomme?

Brady should be there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            I would have guessed Ben Roethlisberger would be top 5.
            i agree 100% that Ben should be on there

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
            Big Ben couldn't spot a blitz to save his life. Can he avoid sacks? Yes
            i know what you are saying and Ben can avoid sacks and he would be #1 on that list, but you are wrong on the fact that he can not spot a blitz. i watch every game he plays and this year especially he has change multiple plays and move guys to pick up the blitz along with other stuff, but he can spot the blitz better then what people is giving him credit for

Matthew 19:26
            Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

I guess...where is Brady? I've seen him get rattled by blitzes before but it's not like he doesn't still perform at an elite level with every single defense out to get him. Still coming off a major knee injury btw.

Comment

I think these are this year's stats, and he's really struggled this year while being blitzed because his knee is still affecting him psychologically.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I'm pretty sure Kurt Warner leads every statistical category vs the blitz(career), makes quick reads and has a quick release it's better to just try confusing him with exotic coverages and pressuring with the front 4
                  Last edited by fenikz; 12-26-2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Kurt Warner leads every statistical category vs the blitz(career), makes quick reads and has a quick release it's better to just try confusing him with exotic coverages and pressuring with the front 4
                    and whatever the **** we were doing last monday

Comment

Originally posted by steel man View Post
                      i know what you are saying and Ben can avoid sacks and he would be #1 on that list, but you are wrong on the fact that he can not spot a blitz. i watch every game he plays and this year especially he has change multiple plays and move guys to pick up the blitz along with other stuff, but he can spot the blitz better then what people is giving him credit for
                      The funny thing is if you click on that link and scroll down:

Sacks

Four starters have been thrown to the turf for a loss at least 20 times while attempting to avoid a blitz, but none more the Ben Roethlisberger, who's been sacked 25 times when six or more defenders come across the line at the snap. Matt Cassel of the Kansas City Chiefs is second at 23.

Comment

Jake Delhomme used to be middle of the road, he's just terrible everywhere now, still a crappy list though/

Comment

I could have swore that halfway through the season McNabb was one of the worst against the blitz. There was a post in the cowboys thread about it. Maybe thats because he only had a small body of work at that time due to his injury.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I remember McNabb, though being mobile and good to break a play with his feet, he does tend to get sloppy when pressured and hit.

He's got excellent presence in the pocket and is in no way, poor against the blitz, but I don't think he's great against it.

Comment

It's a statistically ranked list, no? Why are people getting up in arms like guys are being disrespected?
                              Originally posted by SNIPER26
                              fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information