No announcement yet.

Official Wk. 17 Hotseat Coaches thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can Add Marvin Lewis to that list i think if the Bengals are 1 in done in the playoffs he should be on the Hotseat. Plus his contract is up at the end of the year. Zimmer contract is up too and i think so one will give him a chance as a HC. I would like to dump Lewis for Zimmer if we are 1 and done in the playoffs

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
      You can Add Marvin Lewis to that list i think if the Bengals are 1 in done in the playoffs he should be on the Hotseat. Plus his contract is up at the end of the year. Zimmer contract is up too and i think so one will give him a chance as a HC. I would like to dump Lewis for Zimmer if we are 1 and done in the playoffs
      sigh... I really don't want to get into this every time a hot seat thread pops up. Mike Brown really likes Marvin Lewis, it doesn't matter if you as a fan want him gone because the guy in charge makes all the decision.

I just don't see how Marvin has any pressure on him. He's far exceeded expectations and basically is playing for a cherry on his cake at this point. I suppose it's very possible that Mike Brown wants to retain Zimmer and making him the HC might be the only way to do so (though you don't know, some guys just like being coordinators - ask Dick Lebeau if he wants to be a head coach again). But even so, it will be a very tough decision for this organization to let go of the guy who brought us two division championships this decade.

Comment

I would love to have the whole coaching staff intact for next season. But with our luck, we're promised at least subtractions lol

Comment

I hope we keep Mangini and Ryan for next year. Seemed to have built a foundation and keep getting better and better.

Comment

Cable is kind of on the hot seat, but I think he stays for 1 more year

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Raheem Morris could also be fired. Although winning these past two weeks coupled with Freeman's improvement could buy him another year. Although it seems like the Glazers might want to make a splash and a big name coach like Cowher could be hired.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Raheem Morris could also be fired. Although winning these past two weeks coupled with Freeman's improvement could buy him another year. Although it seems like the Glazers might want to make a splash and a big name coach like Cowher could be hired.
                The whole "Glazers contacted Cowher!" deal turned out to be completely false according to the Tampa Tribune.

Hiring Cowher would be a flaming disaster for the Bucs if they let him have free reign over the systems the team runs, anyway. We all saw how pitiful Bates' attempt at switching up our defensive scheme was; imagine how bad it'd be if Cowher tries to implement the 3-4 here. We'd have to dump most of the defensive roster and build from scratch. No thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                  I suppose it's very possible that Mike Brown wants to retain Zimmer and making him the HC might be the only way to do so (though you don't know, some guys just like being coordinators - ask Dick Lebeau if he wants to be a head coach again). But even so, it will be a very tough decision for this organization to let go of the guy who brought us two division championships this decade.
                  I personally don't think Zimmer would be a good head coach. I have no reasoning behind it, just a weird feeling I have about. He is by far one of the best coordinators in the NFL and has been for many years. If he wanted to be a Head Coach I think he would have already taken that step in his life.
                  R.I.P Chris 'Slim' Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                    I would not mind Wade Phillips being the next Chiefs DC.
                    YES YES YES A MILLION, JILLION, ZILLION TMES YES!!!!!

Comment

Marvin Lewis has rightened ship and should stay. He's kept everyone out of trouble after it seemed like the Bengals were the thugs of the league. Now he is reaching everyone's potential on that team. He deserves to stay a few more seasons unless they collapse next season.

Comment

Marvin Lewis has not been the problem in Cinci. I think he could be a really good coach if that franchise didn't have ADD (Al Davis Disease).

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                          Marvin Lewis has not been the problem in Cinci. I think he could be a really good coach if that franchise didn't have ADD (Al Davis Disease).

lol, I agree that Marvin Lewis has not been the problem. But Whodeyrevolution is a really bad site. Because the way they operate is to perpetuate the media about the bad things and never the good things. Palmer could throw 9 touchdowns in a game, and they'd complain that Mike Brown didn't give him a new contract the following morning.

Funny billboard though!

Comment

If the Jaguars finish 8-8, I don't think Del Rio will be fired. Especially considering all the turnover of the roster this year.

Comment

Cowher is lining up assistant coaches

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                                Or not, after the too-quick hook that happened to Gruden a yr ago the marquee name available HCs -- Cowher, Shanahan -- won't go near it, & the other high profile name is the HC they just fired. So I omitted Tampa & Morris, he needs another whole decade to to improve the freefall talent level drop in that team, but all he will get from the impatient Glazers is another yr.

I can see where you're coming from on that, with the way the Glazers went after & signed Parcells soon after they acquired the team only to have him negate the contract & back out. He caught a bad vibe from them, now the press is too, they seem like publicity seeker egomaniac owners who don't give a damn about FB or the NFL & that makes them p/o the problem with NFL owners, too many of this type or worse, the cut-throat ruthless gazillionaires who only look at the bottom line (see Adams, Bud).

The morning Kawakami column in the ppr. says that the Raiders are rumored to can Cable before next weekend, all dependent on the whim of Al Davis, & oh btw Davis sabotaged Cable's offense with a lazy QB & new WRs who can't stay in the starting lineup .... so what else is new? Again, who will get to replace him? No one wants to take that job & the Davis apparatchik lapdog job description that comes with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information