No announcement yet.

The Coaching Staff Talk Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His run defense has been terrible since he was the Bill D-Coordinator. Yuck.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      His run defense has been terrible since he was the Bill D-Coordinator. Yuck.

once he became HC, we started to blitz a lot more

Comment

• I feel like someone ran over my dog.

I hate Cover 2.

I don't want to talk about defense for the rest of the year. I'm disgusted.

Comment

• Mike Tice is interviewing with the Bears for an "offensive coaching position."

Funny how a few years in Jacksonville will make everyone forget you ever existed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• I can't believe we hired a Cover 2 guy.

I haven't felt this bad about football in a long time.

Comment

• Too soon?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• not soon enough actually. i figured you'd be the first guy to thoroughly enjoy this happening.

Comment

• I don't know. In theory, the Giants have the sort of defensive line that could have a lot of fun with a Tampa 2, all aesthetic concerns aside.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                    I don't know. In theory, the Giants have the sort of defensive line that could have a lot of fun with a Tampa 2, all aesthetic concerns aside.
                    Our defensive backs are built to run press man. We've ran Cover 2 under Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan and have struggled mightily in it. They do not understand Cover 2 concepts very well and miscommunication was rampant.

We also have no LBs outside of Boley who could fit, and even Boley is better in an attacking 4-3 scheme.

We are built to be a 46 style defense, not a Cover 2. Unless he changes up his style, which I highly doubt, this hire makes no sense and will not fix any of the problems we've had on defense.

Comment

• BBD-

The Giants are not going to be running a Tampa 2. Just like Spags did...they will have certain elements of the Tampa 2 in the system but it will still be a man coverage based coverage scheme.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Fewell is an outstanding hire for Giants. Never mind the run defense in Buffalo. they played like girls so you could walk 50 yards for a touchdown easily. Health and tackling skills are the reasons Bills could not stop any run game. Another than run defense, he is not a type of coach that is stick with one scheme. He has many schemes in his mind. Giants' defense personel should be utilized without any problem. However, Giants need to find several LBs that are actually good at run support just in case because Fewell has only 4 years under belt as DC.

Just dont expect Giants finish top in most categories but the defense should be improved at clutch plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                          BBD-

The Giants are not going to be running a Tampa 2. Just like Spags did...they will have certain elements of the Tampa 2 in the system but it will still be a man coverage based coverage scheme.
                          How do you know this?

Spags was more zone blitz than Cover 2. Every team runs some cover 2 principles sure, I fully understand that, but Spags ran a ton of single high and a lot of zone dogs.

I doubt a guy who coached and learned defense from Lovie is going to run a similar scheme to that. We will be a cover 2 shell. We'll run some man, Lovie runs a ton of man, but the shells will still be Cover 2.

Comment

• Thank god, Scotty stays with Jets. No way for Schotty to leave Jets until Jets get a freaking SB ring.

I like the chance of Russ Grimm becoming Bills HC.

Comment

• Best case scenario is he runs what Leslie Frazier runs. Which is a blitzing Cover 2 with a lot of man principles in a 2 deep shell.

Comment

• I have watched a lot of Bills football over the past few years and they are not a strict Cover 2 scheme. And you need to consider the difference in personnel. The initial reaction to it is foolish when one simply states that, on the day he is hired, it is set in stone that we are a Tampa 2 defense.
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information