The Coaching Staff Talk Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
    Translation: the teams looking for a HC are mostly in shambles and I dont wanna start from scratch again.

that or either

Fox is still with Panthers for final season.

Or

Not enough available staffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      I am with you. It only took him 4 years to finaly utilitize Brad Smith in the offense.
      And when he finally did, I don't think it was needed. You could have beat the Bengals without all the Brad Smith wildcat offense. No need to tip your hand for the playoffs. The Bengals will now be ready for it next week.

Comment

I am with you. It only took him 4 years to finaly utilitize Brad Smith in the offense.

you blame Scotty for that?

Comment

its looking like Cable is done. I remember last year Al wanted to hire Kevin Gilbride, God I hope that's still not the case.
          Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            And when he finally did, I don't think it was needed. You could have beat the Bengals without all the Brad Smith wildcat offense. No need to tip your hand for the playoffs. The Bengals will now be ready for it next week.
            I agree with you but I have been waiting for this since he was drafted so Im kind of happy that Smith saw some action under center. The Bengals should be ready for it next week so maybe he gets a chance to throw the ball.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by YotoJets007 View Post
              Yes I do. Who else should we blame?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                There have been a lot of reports that Crennel is going to be the new defensive coordinator for the Chiefs. Please god, let it happen.
                also heard Charlie Weiss as offensive coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post

Jets needed a win to get in playoff and with the win they would have to face the same team again next week. Jets continued pounding Bengals with run game but Smith happened to have the best game. I dont expect Smith will continue rubbing defense in the postseason.

Bengals' receivers are the reason they lost that game. If they continue this next week then it does not matter what kind of offense Jets will run.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    McClain round 1
                    Mt. Cody round 2?

hmmm works for Alabama, why not KC? throw in Dorsey and T-Jax. damn, that's hard to run on!
                    ok you get +rep for suggesting this

Comment

I blame him for Sanchez starting off looking like a look for the OROY and then flopping for the rest of the year and I think the further Schottenheimer is from Sanchez, the more likely he won't bust.

I blame him for Kellen Clemens going from being one of the fastest rising QB prospects in the 2006 draft to a QB..... well, I've rarely seen an NFL quarterback look that lost behind center as Clemens did this year after Sanchez got hurt.

The analogy I use is he looked like the football was some alien artifact he had no idea what to do with.

I blame Brian Schottenheimer for Clemens busting and I blame him for Sanchez underwhelming performance for most of the year. As long as he's here, the Jets aren't going to have a passing game.

Comment

Yes I do. Who else should we blame?

Mangini and Smith.

Mangini wanted to develop Smith into slot receiver with RAC ability for gadgets. Smith had struggled.

Smith is the reason why Washington got all attention. Smith just finally clicked as a pro last week. Smith is a slowing developmental.

Comment

I did not say he has to be traded because he was misfit. Dorsey worked well as DE in hybrid defense but it is not a full 3-4 defense that Crennel has run. That is different. Dont expect Crennel will morph Dorsey into Seymour.

Crennel defense is dry and boring. That means Dorsey will stay put and battle DL all day.

Hybrid defense has plans for front 7. Dorsey can play like UT at any position to break DL loose for LB or himself to collapse the pocket.

That is why I like Zimmer or Bowles go to Chiefs, not Crennel.
                          No 3-4 team runs the 3-4 100% of the time. They all incorporate an aspect of the 4-3. Most 3-4 DL stay in and take up the blockers, this is nothing new, and thats what Dorsey has been mostly doing this year. You make no sense, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Mangini and Smith.

Mangini wanted to develop Smith into slot receiver with RAC ability for gadgets. Smith had struggled.

Smith is the reason why Washington got all attention. Smith just finally clicked as a pro last week. Smith is a slowing developmental.
                            Just because Mangini wanted to develop Smith into a slot receiver, so what? Why can't we utilize his arm and his speed? Pittsburgh did it with Randle EL. Cleveland has done it with Cribbs. Last I checked, Mangini is the coach of Cleveland.
                            Last edited by Hurricanes25; 01-04-2010, 01:58 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Can we stop acting like Smith has arrived? He's a receiver with 63 yards and no TDs.

Sure he has the ability to run the wildcat, but he's only thrown 1 ball (granted he completed it for 27 yards, but still my point stands).

The fact is, currently, when he's on the field you should know what to expect. And the more snaps you give him, the more you take away from Sanchez and your receivers.

Edit: before I come off as some bitter Bengals fan who's crying because his team just got spanked by this guy, I want to point out that I don't have anything against Smith and he could very well turn out to be a great player. My point is that we should wait before we anoint him the next best wildcat QB or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
                                Can we stop acting like Smith has arrived? He's a receiver with 63 yards and no TDs.

Sure he has the ability to run the wildcat, but he's only thrown 1 ball (granted he completed it for 27 yards, but still my point stands).

The fact is, currently, when he's on the field you should know what to expect. And the more snaps you give him, the more you take away from Sanchez and your receivers.
                                That's not neccesarily a bad thing. It's pretty hard to find a worse QB than him this year not named Russell.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information