No announcement yet.

JaMarcus Misses Final Team Meeting, but not Vegas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean he's been so bad that no team would take a chance on him to be second or third string at this point. He's THAT bad.
    I'd be shocked if no one would pick him up as a free agent. Too many physical tools and there would be more than a few GMs out there who would blame the Raiders at least partially for his mental problems, they are building an outstanding track record of their "can't miss" prospects missing and the rest busting as well.

If Russell was cut I would be fully supportive of the Vikes bringing him in on the cheap, hopefully to sit for a year behind Favre and learn the work habits needed in this league, the physical tools are comparable. That's just me though and I am a firm believer that the raiders are pretty much screwed right now at every management level. Jason Campbell is similar to me, young QBs being messed around with constant system changes, coach changes and that sort of thing makes life really hard.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

He's probably on a meeting with the Locos.

Comment

Did he bet on black?

Who cares about Russell, he shot up draft boards and was a reach. He's the Jamaal Anderson of QBs. Gallery is the more interesting disappointment, his floor was supposed to be "solid LT for 5 years" but didn't pan out.

Can we get a J.P. Losman update?
        DeAngelo Hall looks like James Harden.

Comment

Originally posted by singe_101 View Post
          Did he bet on black?

Who cares about Russell, he shot up draft boards and was a reach. He's the Jamaal Anderson of QBs. Gallery is the more interesting disappointment, his floor was supposed to be "solid LT for 5 years" but didn't pan out.

Can we get a J.P. Losman update?
          You know Gallery is a very good guard, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
            You know Gallery is a very good guard, right?
            So. They still passed on a ridiculous amount of talent that year at the 2 spot for a good guard.
            Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

I'm sick of people talking about the general managers out there drooling at the chance to lowball a contract to Russell because of his physical tools. Just about any other position and that would be true. But he's going to have his agent begging someone to sign him even as a backup. Nobody wants a fat, slow quarterback who doesn't give a damn about the game and is completely unwilling to learn or get any better. If a team is trying to develop a quarterback on the cheap the first thing they look for is desire and coachability. Not to mention the fact that Russell would make a terrible backup. Non-developmental backup quarterbacks are always guys who are a little short or a little weak but learn everything about the offense and how to manage the game, the opposite of Russell. Managers won't care that Russell is tall with a big arm, there are thousands of people/players with that description, they all know that he doesn't care about getting better and if they sign him he's going to collect his paycheck and do as little as possible to not get cut.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I could see Russell being one of those players who gets a LOT of workouts with teams and leaves over half a dozen without a contract offer. A lot of people will like his physical attributes but when he comes in for an interview and a workout they will see him for who he really is, a guy who is regressing because of a lack of study who is unwilling to put in the time to get better.

That and they'll see his fat rolls and puke.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information