X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA is coming for Jags, Bills

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html
    Originally posted by Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles said Tuesday the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate.

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said the company is still considering at least seven franchises for a new stadium some 25 miles east of Los Angeles.

But he said the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of building larger venues in their home regions.

Majestic won't approach the San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers or Minnesota Vikings as long as they are seeking stadium plans of their own, Semcken said. Other teams that may be contacted include the St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders.

Messages were left seeking comment from the Jaguars and Bills.

Jaguars majority owner Wayne Weaver and Bills owner Ralph Wilson have steadfastly dismissed any suggestion they will sell or move their teams.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0bnHC06Bf
    We haven't gotten new news in this area for a while, and now something. I wish the NFL would get real, if any team should go to LA it is the Raiders who are the league's worst revenue earning team, and still have an enormous following in a powerhouse market. It's ridiculous that no one is realizing this even as Al Davis continues to sell off percentages of the franchise to pay for free agents.

Raiders seem like the most logical choice along with the Bills and Jags, I don't see any of the "classic teams" like Minnesota moving. Minnesota would be insane if they moved.

St Louis with their poor, poor performances recently might be a possibility.

Comment

We have been talking about a team going to LA for how many years now?

Comment

of course I'd prefer the raiders and jags over the bills.

at least the Bills can sell out their home games...

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
          We have been talking about a team going to LA for how many years now?
          let's see when was football created?since then

Comment

**** no, we won't go!
            We sell out our home games.
            Jacksonville... not so much.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I wonder how this would affect the divisions. I would be so mad if the Ravens/Browns/Steelers get put into seperate divisions, that is a great 3 way rivlary.

Comment

Hey now, Toronto has had dibs on the Bills for years now!

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Aye, the Bills would sooner jump to Toronto than anywhere else....

As I see it, the candidates for relocation go:

1.) Jaguars
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  -
                  2.) Everyone else.

Even when they're successful they can't sell out, and they even have a head start of something like 10,000 seats permanently covered up.

Comment

I assume the Jags will stay in the South if they move. If the Bills move then I guess they would switch divisions with the Colts or Jags.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Buffalo moving to TO makes more sense than any other move. No division reshuffling, and it's not far away at all.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I was listening to a pod-cast about an LA football team about a month ago, so keep my potential for remembering incorrectly in mind. But the thought that I left the pod-cast with, was that the Jags can't leave Jacksonville unless they show they are losing money in Jacksonville.

Which at least in the short term, would require a team to make their financial state public. Doing this during labor issues would be suicide for the owner's arguing position.

Comment

I know it won't be the Vikings. I wish what made sense is what happens.

sig by fenikz
                          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                          You are just a terrible person.
                          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                          I have an iPhone.

Comment

I will destroy Los Angeles. Even with Drew Doughty inside.

Comment

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information