Tom Brady wins AP Comeback Player award

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a surprise at all that he won.

An absolute shock that it was close though. Seems like the media may have turned on Brady a bit because I can't believe he didn't get 45+ votes.

Good to see Cadillac get some love though, fully deserved.

Vince Young... what exactly did he come back from? He played awful and went AWOL, neither of those things are comeback worthy in my book, still a credit for him to play well this year, but he came back from nothing except his own stupidity.

Ditto for Favre. His self inflicted temporary retirement does not a comeback make. Hell if it does, how about Manning retires after every season from here on out and when he comes back, he is eligible for this award.

Congrats to Brady, a good recovery from a severe injury.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

i think they are thinking about Favres surgery more than his retirement

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
        Not a surprise at all that he won.

An absolute shock that it was close though. Seems like the media may have turned on Brady a bit because I can't believe he didn't get 45+ votes.

Good to see Cadillac get some love though, fully deserved.

Vince Young... what exactly did he come back from? He played awful and went AWOL, neither of those things are comeback worthy in my book, still a credit for him to play well this year, but he came back from nothing except his own stupidity.

Ditto for Favre. His self inflicted temporary retirement does not a comeback make. Hell if it does, how about Manning retires after every season from here on out and when he comes back, he is eligible for this award.

Congrats to Brady, a good recovery from a severe injury.
        Comeback- a return to a former higher rank, popularity, position, prosperity, etc

Vince deserved it more than anyone. He brought his team from the dumps to rattle off 8 wins almost getting them into the playoffs. He did have an injury last year which caused him to lose his starting job to Collins accompanied with poor performances.
        Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

Vince Young had severe emotional and maturity issues. Everyone thought he was finished. Its about overcoming strong adversities and hurdles, far exceeding expectations. Those don't just have to be physical injuries, they can be mental problems as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
            Comeback- a return to a former higher rank, popularity, position, prosperity, etc

Vince deserved it more than anyone. He brought his team from the dumps to rattle off 8 wins almost getting them into the playoffs. He did have an injury last year which caused him to lose his starting job to Collins accompanied with poor performances.
            Vince is 2nd in my book but a combination of a late season letdown shifted the tiebreaker to Brady. The guy had a busted knee and did some elite QBing, that's full qualifications regardless of media fawning.

Benson is the only candidate that's discussed that doesn't make any sense to me. Comeback from what? Being a bust? Then again that's how Drew Brees won it in 04.

Comment

Vince was definitely deserving but he was deserving for half of a season, whereas Brady played the whole season. Seems like an obvious demarcation to me.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

pls delete post
                Last edited by LizardState; 01-07-2010, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Meh, should've gone to Cedric Benson. I have to think those games he missed due to injury cost him, not that he had a chance vs. the highly profiled godlike Brady with his SB rings & supermodels.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    Meh, should've gone to Cedric Benson. I have to think those games he missed due to injury cost him, not that he had a chance vs. the highly profiled godlike Brady with his SB rings & supermodels.
                    You know what I hate? When someone says "Meh" then follows it up with something dumb like this. Benson didn't come back from anything. Maybe breakout player but not comeback. I mean seriously was he ever good enough to be considered for this award. Hop off his nuts. Brady had a vicious injury and he came back and took his team to the playoffs. Brady haters are funny and yes I call you a Brady hater even though my sig says he is a crybaby.
                    Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                    Just let it go RWO.
                    We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I expect nothing in terms of votes. Look at those guys who got them.
                      BUT... I have only shamelessly plugged one player all season, and Aaron Schobel is the man. He played about 3 complete games last season coming off a lackluster year, then comes back this year and gets double digit sacks. Best player on the team, for sure. Even better than Freddy Jackson (ok, two shameless plugs).
                      He was top-10 in pretty much every single defensive category among defensive ends this year. And he's so rugged!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                        I expect nothing in terms of votes. Look at those guys who got them.
                        BUT... I have only shamelessly plugged one player all season, and Aaron Schobel is the man. He played about 3 complete games last season coming off a lackluster year, then comes back this year and gets double digit sacks. Best player on the team, for sure. Even better than Freddy Jackson (ok, two shameless plugs).
                        He was top-10 in pretty much every single defensive category among defensive ends this year. And he's so rugged!
                        An indicator of how "popular" the vote is . . . I hadn't even thought about Schobel but completely agree now that you bring him up.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                          An indicator of how "popular" the vote is . . . I hadn't even thought about Schobel but completely agree now that you bring him up.
                          Schobel's a good idea but ultimately QB>DE with all else being equal.

Comment

^ agreed. I just meant the general idea that only one defender received a vote (1 for Hargrove) while the likes of Brett "Not coming back from anything" Favre received 4.

Comment

If Caddy had had a season statistically similar to Brady's in terms of success (though at the RB position obviously) do you think he would've won it? I do. Obviously he's not as popular as Brady but had there been a similar level of production, the coming back part isn't even a comparison. Caddy's whole career has been derailed by injuries. I'm glad he got the votes he did even if his numbers didn't really deserve the award.

Comment

Cadillac should've won this. **** Brady

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                                <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                                <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information