Ryan: Jets should be favorites to win it all

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    And Ryan is certainly giving him a lot to work with.
    Oh I agree with you 100%. However, it's not like Rex hunted down a reporter and went out of his way to make the comment. I watch all of the pressers online and when a reporter baits him, by saying, how do you feel of everyone basically thinking you backed into the playoffs and not deserving to be here etc. Of course, as a fiery and emotional coach, he's going to respond with someone like this.

I don't agree with him, not many do, but I've spent years with tight-lipped pressers from Mangini and a few more with you-play-to-win-the-game pressers in Herm. This to me is refreshing and I love it. I do not like our players talking however, and that is something I haven't liked all season (mostly being from Rhodes, Scott and a little from Pace. Other than that, I can't think of a single Jet who has talked trash)

Bottom line, if only 2 players out of 50+ run their mouth, it's going to seem like a lot more, when the NY media splashes them all over the paper. They don't bother quoting the other 50 players, since it doesn't make for a good read.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
      Oh I agree with you 100%. However, it's not like Rex hunted down a reporter and went out of his way to make the comment. I watch all of the pressers online and when a reporter baits him, by saying, how do you feel of everyone basically thinking you backed into the playoffs and not deserving to be here etc. Of course, as a fiery and emotional coach, he's going to respond with someone like this.

I don't agree with him, not many do, but I've spent years with tight-lipped pressers from Mangini and a few more with you-play-to-win-the-game pressers in Herm. This to me is refreshing and I love it. I do not like our players talking however, and that is something I haven't liked all season (mostly being from Rhodes, Scott and a little from Pace. Other than that, I can't think of a single Jet who has talked trash)

Bottom line, if only 2 players out of 50+ run their mouth, it's going to seem like a lot more, when the NY media splashes them all over the paper. They don't bother quoting the other 50 players, since it doesn't make for a good read.
      Well it's not just 2 players, it's the head coach. And they bait him because he was this brash as soon as he got the job, and they know they can get silly headlines out of him.

Comment

• I feel this thread needs to be bumped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
          I feel this thread needs to be bumped.
          I feel you should have bumping rights revoked.

:D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
            I feel you should have bumping rights revoked.

:D
            The Jets are the next bump in the road on the Colts road trip to Miami.

Someone else quote me and incorporate some form of "bump".

Comment

• So was Ryan's confidene unwarranted now that they've won two road games in the playoffs against tough teams? He comes off as overconfident but look where he's taking his team. For all those saying he's an idiot, this and that, what happens now?

Originally posted by killxswitch View Post

You better hope they don't bump the Colts out of the playoffs much like they did the road to perfection. Good enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                So was Ryan's confidene unwarranted now that they've won two road games in the playoffs against tough teams? He comes off as overconfident but look where he's taking his team. For all those saying he's an idiot, this and that, what happens now?
                I've liked Ryan's attitude all season. It's a lot more interesting as a fan, I get tired of the tight-lipped boredomfest pressers that seem popular right now. And it appears the players respond well to it too. If Sanchize develops the Jets are going to be a real PITA in the coming years.

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                You better hope they don't bump the Colts out of the playoffs much like they did the road to perfection. Good enough?
                I'd say the Colts bumped themselves off the road to perfection.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                  I'd say the Colts bumped themselves off the road to perfection.
                  Which makes this so much more interesting. If the Colts would have just played out their season for perfection, they wouldn't have this opponent in the AFC Championship.

Comment

Which makes this so much more interesting. If the Colts would have just played out their season for perfection, they wouldn't have this opponent in the AFC Championship.
                    Very true. It'll be a shitfest in Indianapolis if they lose, at home, to the team that we gave up on, at home, to end the streak.

That said, if that hadn't happened there's no guarantee we'd even be playing in the AFC Championship. I don't know who would've gotten in (Houston?) but who knows it could've changed everything.

If the Jets win, no explanation will help anything, and if the Colts win, it won't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post

In the darkest recesses of my mind I believe I would only be mildly upset if Lucas Oil stadium were to become a speed bump for a major tornado on Sunday.

Is good, no?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• I really hope the jets win.
                        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

This^^^

Hopefully karma is more of a ***** than the Chargers were.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information