Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan: Jets should be favorites to win it all

Ryan says Jets should be favorites to win it all

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP)—New York Jets coach Rex Ryan says his team should not only be favored to beat the Cincinnati Bengals, but to win the Super Bowl.

During his daily news conference Wednesday, Ryan was asked what his reaction was to being the team with the longest odds to win the championship. Ryan says he wasn’t aware of that, but “we should be favorites.”

When asked to clarify whether he meant against the Bengals or the entire playoffs, Ryan said “the whole tournament.”

He cited the fact the Jets have the league’s best defense and rushing game as reasons they should be favorites.

I heard the press conference. He is looking for attention and he got it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

It could end up being attention he regrets getting.

Comment

Well what do they say the 2 things you have to do to win playoff games???? Play good defense and run the ball well.
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
          Well what do they say the 2 things you have to do to win playoff games???? Play good defense and run the ball well.
          The one thing I don't want? A rookie QB.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by nrk View Post
            The one thing I don't want? A rookie QB.
            True. We played good defense and had good running last year and almost made it but we had a rookie QB
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

I dont know about the rest of you guys but the last thing i'm gonna say if I am leading someone is "yeah I think we can do a good job I think we can pull a win off maybe."

I'm gonna come out and say we are gonna win, builds confidence.

Comment

I forgot to mention, as a Jets fan I love Rex Ryan but I don't take half the things that he say's seriously.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  I dont know about the rest of you guys but the last thing i'm gonna say if I am leading someone is "yeah I think we can do a good job I think we can pull a win off maybe."

I'm gonna come out and say we are gonna win, builds confidence.
                  It also puts a chip on you're opponents shoulder.

Comment

True. We played good defense and had good running last year and almost made it but we had a rookie QB
                    Flacco was so much better at this point last year than Sanchez is now. Although Flacco has stepped back just a bit compared to last year.

Also Ryan is an idiot. This is the same guy who said after the Falcons game that the Jets were eliminated from the playoffs. As well as saying Peyton played all but 2 minutes against them. That whole team talks WAY to much.

Comment

It's possible they beat the Bengals but don't see them progressing any further than that. I guess that's a really obvious statement.

Comment

Jets wouldn't be in the playoffs if the Colts wouldn't have laid down and died in Week 16. There is no way they should be the favorite to win it all. Ryan is ballsy but that's about it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          Flacco was so much better at this point last year than Sanchez is now. Although Flacco has stepped back just a bit compared to last year.

Also Ryan is an idiot. This is the same guy who said after the Falcons game that the Jets were eliminated from the playoffs. As well as saying Peyton played all but 2 minutes against them. That whole team talks WAY to much.
                          I dont' think Flacco took a step back this year. He has made more mistakes yes but he has done more this year. He wasn't allowed to do anything last year and he has been running this offense all year. I am ok with Flaccos improvement.
                          Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

Not really anymore. I think if you can pass the ball efficiently and stop the other team then you will have more success. Its no coincidence that a lot of the recent Superbowl winning teams were at the very least balanced.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

I dont' think Flacco took a step back this year. He has made more mistakes yes but he has done more this year. He wasn't allowed to do anything last year and he has been running this offense all year. I am ok with Flaccos improvement.
                              I think he took an ever so slightly backwards step. Maybe it was just my own personal expectations for him. But after how good he was last year, I thought he'd be better than where he is now. Especially with an even better rushing attack than last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information