Pete Carroll hired as Seahawks coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
    I think if he focus's on one thing he's alright. As a HC he had alot on his plate. When he was the Seahawks secondary coach when Holmgren was still the HC, their secondary was pretty damn good.
    it will be interesting to see, i think he has a good mind on him but its whether or not he can ever really get the production he should be able to have

Comment

This is one I question a little, especially if they don't try to rebuild right away.

Comment

well Holmgren gave him the sinking ship of over the hill players and their GM goes away, didn't really give him a chance. Then again they didn't really pick him to be HC, Holmgren named him his successor, so who's to say they wanted him in the first place?

Comment

Last four games, Seattle was outscored 123-37. That is why.

Follow Me on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Even so, I'm still surprised. I thought he'd at LEAST get another year with the team.

The abruptness of this makes me think they already have someone in mind.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

That's a tough deal he got. Yeah they played horribly down the stretch, but I'm always sceptical of first-year coaches getting fired. It's not easy replacing a guy like Holmgren, even if he named you his successor.

It's a weird move from a seahwaks perspective too. Didn't they give him a pretty big salary the past few years to serve as a kind of intern for Holmgren?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                Even so, I'm still surprised. I thought he'd at LEAST get another year with the team.

The abruptness of this makes me think they already have someone in mind.
                Leslie Frazer is the name coming up, but they are getting a new GM, so I think they wanted to clean house.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

I dont see Cleveland as a coordinator as an option. With Mangini staying and Rob Ryan doing a good job with absolutely nothing I think he stays too.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Comment

They must have their eye on somebody to really oversee the whole rebuilding process. Hasselbeck is probably gone too.

Comment

Originally posted by AntoinCD View Post
                      I dont see Cleveland as a coordinator as an option. With Mangini staying and Rob Ryan doing a good job with absolutely nothing I think he stays too.
                      Holmgren named Mora as his successor. If there's any chance to bring him to Cleveland I would be surprised if the Browns didn't take him in.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                        Leslie Frazer is the name coming up, but they are getting a new GM, so I think they wanted to clean house.
                        And that makes alot of sense because they can interview teams coordinators that are on a bye week. I'd still think that you'd want a GM in place though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
                          Leslie Frazier would be an excellent choice for their HC. His name has been floating around for years now. It's just a matter of time for him.

Originally posted by fenikz
                          His soft D really turns me off
                          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

He loves Greg Knapp (who is terrible) and wouldn't part with him.

He says stupid stuff all the time.

They were destroyed by Tampa at home.

I'm ecstatic that they didn't wait it out and keep him as a lameduck for another year or so- go get a good young coach and start building from relative scratch.

Frazier has been a hot name for a while, but you have to naturally be wary of a guy who's success has been at least partially predicated on the Williams Wall and Jared Allen.

In any case, great news for the Seahawks, who now need literally everything including a head coach and general manger EXCEPT linebacker and tight end. Literally everything. Wow.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

He should find a college team to coach. The NFL is too much for him.

I think he'd be a really good recruiter.

Comment

Coaches get fired not players. Things that werent Mora's fault:

Matt Hesselbeck getting up there in age and thinking he can force every ball and make every play with his legs.

Walter Jones being unbale to play and basically at the end of the road.

T.J. Houshmanzehda having zero ability to go up in traffic to catch a football.

A running game that features Julius Jones.

Possibly the worst offensive line in pro football.

A linebacking corps that loses Lofa Tatupu and has their top 5 pick Aaron Curry underachieve for the season.

A defensive line who's ends had a grand total of 13 sacks combined.

Corners that cant cover, with Marcus Trufant struggling coming off injury.

Bring in Vince Lombardi it isnt going to make any differance.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information