Top 5 disappointments from 09 Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
    Tyson Jackson we should have never selected.he was a massive dissappointment.should have nabbed Curry
    My friend who's a Chief fan has been pretty pleased with Jackson. I'd give him time. 3-4 DE is not a simple position and even a good one is not likely to accumulate a lot of stats. Still, they make a huge impact on the defense as a whole.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
      Curry was a disspointment also. I didnt like the Jackson pick with a deep O-lineman crop last year.
      The Chiefs didn't (and still don't) need a LT, so they were kind of screwed in that regard.

Comment

Whilst it isn't top 5, Fili Moala has been very dissappointing to me.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Why? Sanchez hasn't been good all year outside the first three weeks. He was good yesterday. But it's a completely dumbed down passing attack that is based purely off the run game.
          he actually played really well in the two losses to miami. Made some nice throws in both games.

And since when is Cotchery, Keller, and Edwards very good weapons?

Comment

What's the use after one year?

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
              1. Moreno
              2. Ayers
              3. Alphonso Smith
              I honestly think you can take Ayers out of that list. Argue all you want about whether he is suited for the system or not, but to expect a rookie DE to come into the NFL and dominate is unrealistic. The only DEs that generally ever have any impact are the converts to a 3-4 pass-rushing OLB (and Ayers was never used in that role as he was mainly 3-4 OLB on the other side, or 5-2 end). Sure he missed some key plays (just ask a certain moderator that is a Broncos fan), but in all I think he did his job most of the time without making any "special" plays.

Moreno was disappointing, but he will end up being a good player. Too much asked of him behind a line that cant run block inside of the tackles.

I hope Smith can make it because I really like him, but he is easily the most disappointing.

Comment

I don't know how Jason Smith is a disappointment. Sure, it would have been great to see more of him, but you don't mess with head injuries, and while he was in the game he was an absolute animal, one of the most fun lineman to watch that I've ever noticed/seen. His intensity and physical play are incredible. The dude is going to be a complete stud.
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

I dont get how DHB was a disappointment. We all knew he wasnt going to come in and put up regular rookie WR's numbers. He is a project that you cant really grade until a few years down the road and has a real QB.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
                    Too early to tell. Remember, everybody thought people like Antonio Cromartie and Marion Barber would be busts after weak 1st seasons.
                    Cromartie is not good. He is okay sometimes. Barber was not a 1st round pick, or 1st day...your point is excellent but there are much better examples out there.

Comment

Tyson Jackson cannot be a disappointment. 3-4 DE is the position that you see little contributions from ROOKIES. Its the 2nd and 3rd year, where after they spend time learning a new position that you expect to see results. Richard Seymour played 4-3 DT his first 2-3 years in NE, so you cannot say he was a legit guy in that scheme to start.I'd like to find one rookie tht did studly as a 3-4 DE in the last 20 years. Hardest position to see immediate rewards.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                        Well, Rex Ryan who know a lot more about football players than any of us, thinks Sanchez is going to be a huge star and an All Pro QB within a few years. That is the ceiling he said he saw this year in Sanchez's play. I happen to agree with him.
                        Well, Bobby Beathard who knows a lot more about football players than any of us, thinks Ryan Leaf is going to be a huge star and an All Pro QB within a few years. That is the ceiling he saw when he drafted Leaf #2 overall in the 1998 NFL draft.

Just because someone knows more about football players than someone else, doesn't necessarily make them right every single time. And come on, what's Ryan supposed to say? "I think Mark Sanchez played well for a rookie but he'll probably be a good game manager at best."

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          Well, Bobby Beathard who knows a lot more about football players than any of us, thinks Ryan Leaf is going to be a huge star and an All Pro QB within a few years. That is the ceiling he saw when he drafted Leaf #2 overall in the 1998 NFL draft.
                          I doubt he would've said the same during Leaf's rookie year. That's the flaw in this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                            Tyson Jackson we should have never selected.he was a massive dissappointment.should have nabbed Curry
                            Crabtree would have been better.

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            Half the league either had him as the top player or the second best behind Manning. If you ask anyone now they all say they prefered Manning. You could use that argument about anyone that was around 10 years ago.
                            Last edited by Bucs_Rule; 01-10-2010, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                              I doubt he would've said the same during Leaf's rookie year. That's the flaw in this statement.
                              You could slip other players in there instead then. Jamarcus even. I do love Sanchez's future in this league though.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                                You could slip other players in there instead then. Jamarcus even. I do love Sanchez's future in this league though.
                                I happen to agree with Rex. I see it in him, and I also see a career greater than that of his mentor Carson Palmer who he outperformed yesterday. Sanchez will be the greatest USC QB ever, FWIW, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information