No announcement yet.

Top 5 disappointments from 09 Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never liked Moreno, so I am not disappointed. Aaron Curry on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      Maybin barely saw the field with Schobel having a great bounce back year. We pretty much just rolled Schobel, Kelsay, with Denney coming in on either side. So still no impact from Chris Ellis or Maybin.

He made some tackles down the field a little more, didn't do much as a pass rusher. Had some lapses lining up, but I think Bills fans remember that instance more than they should. I didn't expect much from him this year, but I still hate the pick. Schobel talking about retirement has me ******** my pants.
      Why did the Bills draft him when Orakpo was on the board? Maybin will not work in the 4-3.

Comment

I pretty much agree completely with everything in NJX's post.

I hated the pick when it first happened, but slowly talked myself into being okay with it, simply on the basis that it would be nice to finally have some stability at the position after going through like 17 different starters since Terrel Davis knee was destroyed. Then the season started and he sucked, and I can now only hope he somehow miraculously gains some talent and vision during the offseason.

Man, blowing three first round picks in one draft is damn depressing.

Comment

Hard to tell with Curry. He played good sometimes, then he'd dissapear for 4 games. Kinda like the rest of the team. He wasn't the immediate impact that most people thought he'd be but I think he will have a good career.
          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
            Hard to tell with Curry. He played good sometimes, then he'd dissapear for 4 games. Kinda like the rest of the team. He wasn't the immediate impact that most people thought he'd be but I think he will have a good career.
            Despite my recurring pessimism toward him, I also believe Curry will be a fine player, maybe even (hopefully) a perennial All-Pro. However, the worst part about that pick is playing the Chargers this week. Or preparing in Week 8 to be a productive #1 WR for an Alex Smith-led passing attack and stepping in without missing a beat.

Either was a better selection than yet another uber-talented 4-3 OLB.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
              Despite my recurring pessimism toward him, I also believe Curry will be a fine player, maybe even (hopefully) a perennial All-Pro. However, the worst part about that pick is playing the Chargers this week. Or preparing in Week 8 to be a productive #1 WR for an Alex Smith-led passing attack and stepping in without missing a beat.

Either was a better selection than yet another uber-talented 4-3 OLB.
              Curry...I almost feel like the pick was made to complete the set, with Leroy Hill and Lofa Tatupu. With such a blue chip prospect at the third spot, as well as resigning Hill, Seattle basically made the statement that they were committed to having the best LB corps in the NFL. That's an intriguing concept, potentially very strong and definitely a scheme worth planning a defense around. There's a million arguments against it but you can't say it's a complete invalid thought. However, all of these guys probably could have produced a lot more this year, so it looks like a pretty terrible pick.

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                Sanchez is 21 years old. He's smart, athletic, and has a great arm.

He just went 12-15 in a playoff game against a very good defense.

He is 10-7 in his career.

There is no reason to think anything other than he's going to be a very good NFL QB.

As a Seahawks fan, I'm disgusted that they passed on this kid for a 4-3 OLB.
                I know what you mean, I'm disgusted that Mangini traded the pick to the Jets when we could have had one of the better QB's to come along in awhile.
                And proud of it!!!

Comment

For how much we used him this year, Pat White has to be considered a HUGE disappointment. He was supposed to be instrumental in the wildcat this year, but he looked to timid in the few times he was used. Then once Ronnie went down, we pretty much scrapped the formation alltogether.

And BTW, for anyone counting the DHB pick, we just simply don't count the Raider's picks anymore. That like cheating because we all expect them to fail anyway. Let's be honest, NO ONE saw that pick working out at all anyway.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

My biggest disappointment of the year was passing on Orakpo for Moreno. I think that was the loudest I ever yelled an expletive. I didn't think there was any chance that he could fall to the Broncos, nor did I think Moreno would even be in play.

Robert Ayers is someone I still expect things from. I didn't see enough of him this year to declare him terrible, but I can definately say that about Alphonso smith. We actually brought in freakin Ty Law to play nickel corner. Smith is also a terrible kick returner, contributing very little to the team at all.

Richard Quinn ( I think that was his name) was a terrible waste of a pick. The pick we traded ended up being Mike Wallace. That would've been nice.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                      I know what you mean, I'm disgusted that Mangini traded the pick to the Jets when we could have had one of the better QB's to come along in awhile.
                      I'm a Seahawks fan who lives in NY. It is disheartening. The NY media makes him seem even WORSE than he really is and no one even notices that he's so freaking raw.

When the game (inevitably) slows down for him, he's going to be one heck of a player.

At least CLE, KC, and STL weren't rumored to covet him. Leading up to the draft last year there was a huge smokescreen (for what stupid reason- I don't know, ask Tim Ruskell) that the Hawks would take Sanchez at 4.

It's just bad decisions. Like Darko over Melo. One of those things that will just haunt you for years and years and years.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I loved Moreno in college and refuse to give up on him. haha. Plus I traded for him about mid year and kept him in fantasy. :D I really do believe he'll be alright, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                          Curry...I almost feel like the pick was made to complete the set, with Leroy Hill and Lofa Tatupu. With such a blue chip prospect at the third spot, as well as resigning Hill, Seattle basically made the statement that they were committed to having the best LB corps in the NFL. That's an intriguing concept, potentially very strong and definitely a scheme worth planning a defense around. There's a million arguments against it but you can't say it's a complete invalid thought. However, all of these guys probably could have produced a lot more this year, so it looks like a pretty terrible pick.
                          The problem with this though is that they traded a pro bowl line backer (Julian Peterson) before the draft to essentially make room for Curry. They already had the set. As a Cards fan I was pretty happy with the pick of Curry over Monroe, Sanchez or Crabtree.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                            I'm not. Sanchez and his colored arm bands play on a team with the best rushing offense and best rushing defense in the league and it's still no guarantee he's going to be a great QB in this league.

And are you serious that Sanchez is one of the better QB's to come along in awhile? Not for me.

The Browns had... nothing whatsoever, so picking a QB high would only have ended in disaster. Instead, the Browns ended up with a center who is already top 5 at his position along with a number of other prospects and players.

Comment

I think the telling stat on Moreno is 3.8 ypc, while Buckhalter was 5.2 ypc. All I know is that whenever Correll was in the game the Broncos run game was so much more efficient. And while Buckhalter has always been a great backup and situational starter he's not exactly Chris Johnson here.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                I think the telling stat on Moreno is 3.8 ypc, while Buckhalter was 5.2 ypc. All I know is that whenever Correll was in the game the Broncos run game was so much more efficient. And while Buckhalter has always been a great backup and situational starter he's not exactly Chris Johnson here.
                                Moreno is an indecisive runner who cannot break tackles very well and lacks true speed. He will improve, but that skill set doesn't exactly warrant first round consideration. I am not surprised at all by his rookie performance; this is who I thought he would be (for the first few years anyways). It always baffled me when he would be rated above Beanie because it really was quite obvious on tape who the more expolsive and natural runner of the two was. At least there were some who acknowledged Beanie's durability as a significant reason for that, because otherwise I just wasn't seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information