No announcement yet.

Top 5 disappointments from 09 Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure where he'd rank, but Brian Robiskie has been an enormous dissapointment this year. He was touted as being the most NFL ready WR in the draft and he barely was able to get on the field.

If he doesn't make enormous strides this coming year, he'll be in the UFL in no time

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
      Completely disagree. I understand your point- they win despite him. That's fine, my rebuttal is always- what do you want him to do- that's the hand he was dealt and he's now one of the eight QBs left standing. You can play the what if game all day but it always comes down to what is. Sanchez has a great D and running game and just played the best game of his career. Indisputable facts.

And what tape will opposing defenses have? The Jets do everything they can to mask Sanchez's youth and impatience. For his own personal growth as a player, he would be much better off on a team that wasn't winning right now because he'd be able to explore the art of NFL quarterbacking. Now he's contending for a title, not feeling out the new league.

I mean you can be pessimistic if you want, but about 95% of guys who look like this THIS early in their careers + have a good head on their shoulders/work ethic end up getting better.

And quickly, your point about adversity... Sanchez has felt a lot of HUGE downs this year and dealt with them great. He threw like five picks against the Bills. The Falcons game his own coach said they were done and he led them to like 7 points. Sanchez has shown some resilience already in his young career because, ask any Jet fan, this year has been a crazy roller coaster.
      I should have stated more clearly my case as my feelings towards Sanchez.

I am a Browns fan and have had to deal with many many Browns fans complain about us not taking Sanchez with the #5 pick, where we ended up trading that pick so the Jets could take him.

Too many people are stating "Oh, he went 9-7 and made the playoffs, we missed out". Not the case in alot of eyes.

He went to right team: Established running game, Good defense. Able to "dumb" it down if need be. The film I was talking about, Sanchez started the year extremely well, after a few weeks defenses were able to force Sanchez into situations that exposed his weaknesses.

I want to see him go through adversity. The running game struggles for the entire season due to injury, defense is exposed and the game is forced on Sanchez.

As a Browns fan, that's where my "dislike" is from if you want to call it that. I do dislike him. He came from a top college program where he had little experience (I believe he's already played more NFL games than he did his college career). Way too risky for a team like the Browns to risk a #5 pick when so much else is needed, I'm very happy we traded and took Alex Mack.

For what I had to listen to about how Great Sanchez was this year with his 9-7 record. His stats are not great and he had a running game and a defense to have his back. He's a disappointment for the hype that too many (Browns fans in particular) put on this kid.

Sorry, this probably sounds to much like a rant and got off-topic. I apologize, but I wanted to express why my feelings towards Sanchez are, as is.

Back to topic

Brian Robiskie and David Veikune

Comment

• Originally posted by STsACE View Post
        I should have stated more clearly my case as my feelings towards Sanchez.

I am a Browns fan and have had to deal with many many Browns fans complain about us not taking Sanchez with the #5 pick, where we ended up trading that pick so the Jets could take him.

Too many people are stating "Oh, he went 9-7 and made the playoffs, we missed out". Not the case in alot of eyes.

He went to right team: Established running game, Good defense. Able to "dumb" it down if need be. The film I was talking about, Sanchez started the year extremely well, after a few weeks defenses were able to force Sanchez into situations that exposed his weaknesses.

I want to see him go through adversity. The running game struggles for the entire season due to injury, defense is exposed and the game is forced on Sanchez.

As a Browns fan, that's where my "dislike" is from if you want to call it that. I do dislike him. He came from a top college program where he had little experience (I believe he's already played more NFL games than he did his college career). Way too risky for a team like the Browns to risk a #5 pick when so much else is needed, I'm very happy we traded and took Alex Mack.

For what I had to listen to about how Great Sanchez was this year with his 9-7 record. His stats are not great and he had a running game and a defense to have his back. He's a disappointment for the hype that too many (Browns fans in particular) put on this kid.

Sorry, this probably sounds to much like a rant and got off-topic. I apologize, but I wanted to express why my feelings towards Sanchez are, as is.

Back to topic

Brian Robiskie and David Veikune

No worries...Browns had so many issues that you really can't blame them for taking advantage of their high pick by trading back and subsequently stocking up. Mack, Joe Thomas, and forgive me I can't recall his name but they also have a young guard I really like: I have long thought the surest way to NFL success is to build up a dominant O-line and the Browns are obviously on board with this concept as well.

Comment

• I'm still looking for more info on Aaron Curry.

Why is he struggling? Not adjusting to scheme? Physical incapability? Something else?
          "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
            I can't recall his name but they also have a young guard I really like:
            Eric Steinbach. He isn't exactly young (29) but he is good.

Mack was a great pick, and he was awesome the 2nd half of the season. But Robo struggled to get playing time, and Veikune did nothing. Massaquoi looks like he can be a #2, but I don't see anything more than that.

Let's hope Holmgren/Heckert can do a better job than Mangini did.

<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
            <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
            <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
            <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information