Top 5 disappointments from 09 Draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 disappointments from 09 Draft?

I haven't heard much from guys like Aaron Curry, Tyson Jackson, Maybin, Ayers, Jason Smith, etc..

anyone have any more info on these guys and how they've performed? Particularly Curry and Tyson Jackson.. I was not a big fan of Aaron Curry at all coming out (one of the few) .. but I have barely seen any Seahawks games this year.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

The Rams, Chiefs and Seahawks should feel dissapointed that they didn't use thier top 5 pick on Mark Sanchez. At least the Chief made an attempt at upgrading their QB position. I bet they wished they never traded for and signed Matt Cassel.

Comment

Originally posted by Halsey View Post
      The Rams, Chiefs and Seahawks should feel dissapointed that they didn't use thier top 5 pick on Mark Sanchez. At least the Chief made an attempt at upgrading their QB position. I bet they wished they never traded for and signed Matt Cassel.
      Why? Sanchez hasn't been good all year outside the first three weeks. He was good yesterday. But it's a completely dumbed down passing attack that is based purely off the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Why? Sanchez hasn't been good all year outside the first three weeks. He was good yesterday. But it's a completely dumbed down passing attack that is based purely off the run game.
        he's really just a game manager because Ryan doesn't completely trust him and he doesnt have to with the run game that he has.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Players in the NFL aren't drafted for one year. Mark Sanchez has given the Jets reason to think they may have their QB position solved for a long time.

Comment

On what basis? Cassel was a better player than Mark Sanchez was this year:

Cassel - 2,924 yards (55%), 16 TD, 16 INT, 69.9 rating
            Sanchez - 2,444 yards (54%), 12 TD, 20 INT, 63.0 rating

Let's not forget that Sanchez plays in an offense with a great running game, talented weapons to throw the ball to (Cotchery, Keller, Edwards to some extent), and three Pro Bowlers in a row from LT-C. The defense is nothing to sneeze at either. Sanchez was just asked to not lose games. Most Jets losses were on his shoulders.

On the other hand, Cassel played for a team that didn't help him at all. He learned one system under Gailey for the offseason and preseason, then Gailey was fired. The starting running back completely quit on the team. Dwayne Bowe was suspended for steroids and the only other option on the team last year, Tony Gonzalez, was traded away. Chris Chambers didn't arrive there until later on in the season. The offensive line was terrible.

Comment

Dude, have you seen Sanchez play at the NFL level? And no, they dont wish they never traded for Cassel, who Pioli has now hired Weis who helped groom the kid and is an excellent Qbs coach. Cassel didnt even play that poorly with that line from what I understand.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

This really isn't worth debating. QB is the most valuable position in the league. The Jets have a young franchise QB and the 3 teams that passed on him still don't. Maybe Cassel will get better, but I don't see the upside that Sanchez has.

Comment

This really isn't worth debating. QB is the most valuable position in the league. The Jets have a young franchise QB and the 3 teams that passed on him still don't. Maybe Cassel will get better, but I don't see the upside that Sanchez has.
                  i wish my quarterback was over excitable and made terrible terrible reads and can only complete passes in a vanilla offense, no offense but sanchez did not play well this year, cassell played better id be happy if i were the chiefs

Comment

1. Moreno
                    2. Ayers
                    3. Alphonso Smith

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      i wish my quarterback was over excitable and made terrible terrible reads and can only complete passes in a vanilla offense, no offense but sanchez did not play well this year, cassell played better id be happy if i were the chiefs
                      You too? Man I thought myself and Halsey were the only ones.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Knowshon may have lead all rookies in rushing but, I still couldnt help but be disappointed in his year as a whole. He finished off the year terribly. I think he'll be just fine next year, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                          1. Moreno
                          2. Ayers
                          3. Alphonso Smith

It takes something special to basically blow three 1st round picks in one draft.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                            I'm thinking he just saw yesterdays game (and the first time he's seen the jets play) and just generalized on their whole season. That's fun to do. Like Desean Jackson is a horrible wide reciever. Or the Eagles defense is the worst in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                              1. Moreno
                              2. Ayers
                              3. Alphonso Smith
                              + Aaron Curry, & then there's Heyward-Bey..... how soon we forget b/c it's Raiders SOP in most drafts lately, "this yr's draft bust."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information