Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best/worst quarterback in the playoffs the last ten years?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    No but he played well enough to win the Super Bowl, something 11 other quarterbacks in that year's playoffs can't say.
    He also didn't have much time to get ready. Phil got hurt in week 13 or 14, I forget which. Hostetler was far from great, but I give him credit for coming in so late in the season and being the QB of a Super Bowl winning team. But it was the defense that won that Super Bowl. They beat the crap out of that high scoring Bills offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
      Because the only reason Manning won his SB was because of the dominance of Dom Rhodes and Joseph Addai in the SB. Rhodes ran for 113 yards and a touchdown and Addai had 143 total yards. Only Peyton Manning could win a SB MVP in a game where he contributed one touchdown to two turnovers.
      I don't get why people (in all sports) like to force awards upon great players when they don't deserve them. Rex Grossman had a better completion percentage and the same touchdown to turnover ratio as Manning in that game.

Comment

It is pretty amusing that the Colts won their only Superbowl with defense and playing ball control offense. Manning had an amazing second half against the Pats and a solid Superbowl, but he played very poorly against Kansas City, Baltimore, and during the first half of that Pats game.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
          I don't get why people (in all sports) like to force awards upon great players when they don't deserve them. Rex Grossman had a better completion percentage and the same touchdown to turnover ratio as Manning in that game.
          It was a lifetime achievement award. Like, hey, we know you've sucked big ones in the playoffs for the majority of your career, but you're the most recognizable player in this game and people know that you've ****** **** up in the regular season, so here you go!

Comment

Originally posted by Basileus777 View Post
            Everyone forgets how Ben (and not the run game) won those games in Indy and Denver. He was terrible in the Superbowl, but without him the Steelers never get there in the first place.
            Yeah, it was all Big Ben, not the fact that Jake Plummer had 4 turnovers in the game that practically gave the game to the Steelers.

For that, I would like to nominate Jake Plummer for worst QB.

Comment

The fact that people are saying Qb A won because the defense, or the run game, or whatever discredits those quarterbacks. Those quarterbacks being Brady, Big Ben, Mannings, etc. One thing you can say about Kurt Warner that you cannot say about the other quarterbacks in the playoffs is that he is the main, and more times than one, the only reason why the team has won. You cannot say that about Brady, ever. You can not say that about either Manning. You cannot say that about Big Ben. But Warner's play has been the sole factor more times than the other elite quarterbacks for the teams success.
              Originally posted by njx9
              i mean, why wouldn't the broncos take cam newton? they can play him at quarterback WITH tebow!

Comment

Originally posted by no bare feet View Post
                One thing you can say about Kurt Warner that you cannot say about the other quarterbacks in the playoffs is that he is the main, and more times than one, the only reason why the team has won.
                Did you see the last play of the Super Bowl Kurt Warner won?

Comment

i would have to say Warner, and then to be 100% truthful and not a homer, i think Ben is just as good as Brady and sometimes better. so for #2 i would have to say a tie between Ben and Brady..........go ahead and rip me but you want peoples opinion and then you rip them for it.

Matthew 19:26
                  Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information