Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best/worst quarterback in the playoffs the last ten years?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the best/worst quarterback in the playoffs the last ten years?

Performance-wise. In my opinion either Tom Brady or Kurt Warner are the best quarterbacks in the last decade when the playoffs are concerned. As for the worst, I think it's easily Donovan McNabb. I'd love to hear everyone else's opinions about this topic.
    Last edited by Ness; 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Kurt Warner and its not even close. He has the best three super bowls by a QB, 5 TD tonight. Brady has the wins but his first 3 playoffs runs were mediocre stats wise where as Warner has been godly.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Warner, 2 comebacks from being a 3 time Superbowl MVP and he holds nearly every passing record

Comment

Warner and Brady are close. Warner in terms of production is better, Brady played good enough to win 3 SBs.

The worst would be one of many QBs that went to a playoff game or 2 and was horrible.

Comment

Delhomme certainly had the worst playoff performance ever

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
          Warner and Brady are close. Warner in terms of production is better, Brady played good enough to win 3 SBs.

The worst would be one of many QBs that went to a playoff game or 2 and was horrible.
          Warner most certainly did as well as he has the the 3 highest passer ratings in Superbowl history

Comment

Delhomme and the T-rex are def worst. Warner has been amazing, and Brady has played very decent outside of today :(

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Brady then Warner, then Ben. Normally I would put Ben over Warner just due to the extra win but Warner wasn't the reason he lost 2/3 Super Bowls and he has been phenomenal during each run while Ben was not always asked to carry the team.

Honestly you could make an argument for Peyton as worst if you factor in team talent/expectations vs. the reality of what has occurred 9 out of the last 10 years + how he played during the playoff run the year they actually won it (not exceptionally).

Comment

Tom Brady has NOT been a better playoff QB than Warner. Neither has Big Ben. Winning Super Bowls does not make you better than the guy who loses Super Bowls when the guy who lost outperformed you.

This brings us to the inevitable "Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because he won a Super Bowl" portion of our argument. It's silly to treat wins as a QB statistic. Otherwise, Rex Grossman is a football god.

Comment

Originally posted by Monomach View Post
                  Tom Brady has NOT been a better playoff QB than Warner. Neither has Big Ben. Winning Super Bowls does not make you better than the guy who loses Super Bowls when the guy who lost outperformed you.

This brings us to the inevitable "Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino because he won a Super Bowl" portion of our argument. It's silly to treat wins as a QB statistic. Otherwise, Rex Grossman is a football god.
                  Hmmmm there is always going to be the Dilfer>Marino argument, and that's easy to dismiss...once. But 3 times? Brady was no slouch in those runs, I'd be hard pressed to call him anything but the best playoff performer of this decade. Warner is unquestionably my number 2 but it's not like we have a small sample size here, very tough to justify picking the guy with 1 ring over the guy with 3 and a rep for having ice in his veins.

Wins are definitely a QB statistic because QB's have a greater effect on whether a team wins or loses than any other position. Not the only factor but we're splitting hairs here and you can't ask for much more from a tiebreaking perspective.

Comment

is there any question that Ben's first superbowl was the worst performance by a superbowl winning qb?

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                      Hmmmm there is always going to be the Dilfer>Marino argument, and that's easy to dismiss...once. But 3 times? Brady was no slouch in those runs, I'd be hard pressed to call him anything but the best playoff performer of this decade. Warner is unquestionably my number 2 but it's not like we have a small sample size here, very tough to justify picking the guy with 1 ring over the guy with 3 and a rep for having ice in his veins.

Wins are definitely a QB statistic because QB's have a greater effect on whether a team wins or loses than any other position. Not the only factor but we're splitting hairs here and you can't ask for much more from a tiebreaking perspective.
                      Brady was the 2nd best performing QB in 3 of his 4 Super Bowls. It's amazing that he gets all that credit for going 3-1.

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        Delhomme certainly had the worst playoff performance ever

Warner most certainly did as well as he has the the 3 highest passer ratings in Superbowl history
                        He also threw two critical pick 6s in those games. He's certainly not without blame for the loss to the Pats.

Comment

Trent Dilfer: 5-1 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win)
                          Ben Roethlisberger: 8-2 (2 Super Bowl appearances, 2 Super Bowl wins)
                          Tom Brady: 14-4 (4 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl wins)
                          Kurt Warner: 9-3 (3 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win)
                          Jake Delhomme: 5-3 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                          Donvan McNabb: 9-7 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                          Rex Grossman: 2-2 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                          Dan Marino: 8-9 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                          Peyton Manning: 6-8 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win)

I posted the playoff records of every quarterback named in this thread so far. They are ranked by playoff winning percentage, not necessarily how I personally would rank them. It's almost mind boggling that Peyton Manning and Dan Marino (the two greatest quarterbacks of all-time according to some people) both have winning percentages under .500 in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                            Trent Dilfer: 5-1 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win)
                            Ben Roethlisberger: 8-2 (2 Super Bowl appearances, 2 Super Bowl wins)
                            Tom Brady: 14-4 (4 Super Bowl appearances, 3 Super Bowl wins)
                            Kurt Warner: 9-3 (3 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win)
                            Jake Delhomme: 5-3 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                            Donvan McNabb: 9-7 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                            Rex Grossman: 2-2 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                            Dan Marino: 8-9 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 0 Super Bowl wins)
                            Peyton Manning: 6-8 (1 Super Bowl appearances, 1 Super Bowl win)

I posted the playoff records of every quarterback named in this thread so far. They are ranked by playoff winning percentage, not necessarily how I personally would rank them. It's almost mind boggling that Peyton Manning and Dan Marino (the two greatest quarterbacks of all-time according to some people) both have winning percentages under .500 in the playoffs.

Very interesting post.

I'd say Warner is my #1 mainly because of his Superbowl performances. Hard to pick a worst, because there are guys like Carson Palmer 0-2 (really 0-1) and Romo (1-2) with very limited playoff experience.

I think my worst is going to have to be Manning, if I'm going with someone with a large body of work. As good as he is he only has 7 playoff wins in his career, 4 of them in the Superbowl season. That means his team has been one and done 6 times in his career, 3 times at home.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                              is there any question that Ben's first superbowl was the worst performance by a superbowl winning qb?
                              Not really. It was the lowest passer rating and he played terribly.

He did have the rushing TD and the amazing play to Ward to the 3 yard line on 3rd and forever. Other than those two he was very dissapointing.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information