Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MVP - Chris Johnson

Biggest Surprise - VY for sure.

Biggest Disappointment - Michael Griffin. What a crap year.

Best Rookie - Kenny Britt.

Underachieving Rookie - Jared Cook, but he is probably just another in the long list of rookies who could have made a much bigger impact, but Jeff Fisher prefered a more reliable but less spectacular vet instead (Scaife).

Offensive MVP - CJ, as above.

Defensive MVP - Tony Brown. It's hard to say who was the most valuable on what was a crap defensive effort in 2009 for the Titans, but Tony played at the highest level relative to his competing positional players in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by AllanO444 View Post
      MVP- Chris Johnson

Biggest Surprise- Vince Young actually not playing bad

Biggest Disappointment- The entire secondary

Best Rookie- Kenny Britt

Underachieving Rookie- Sen'Derrick Marks I guess

Offensive MVP- Chris Johnson

Defensive MVP- Keith Bulluck
      Cortland Finnegan is the secks. As far as underachieving rookie I will say Mouton because I expected more out of him in the return game. If he would have been any good we might be in the playoffs right now.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
      I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

MVP- Lousaka Polite / Ronnie Brown pre-injury

Biggest Surprise- Ted Ginn Jr. doing worse then his previous seasons

Biggest Disappointment- Gibril Wilson

Best Rookie- Brian Hartline

Underachieving Rookie- Patrick Turner

Offensive MVP- Davone Bess / Chad Henne

Defensive MVP- Randy Starks

Overall Sucking at the sport of Football award: Pat White
        Last edited by Finz99; 01-11-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I agree with the other two Vikings this year. But we didn't really have any "underachieving" rookies this year. I'd say what we got from Allen this year is about what we'd expect from a rookie 3rd rounder.

sig by fenikz
          Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
          You are just a terrible person.
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense
          I have an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Finz99 View Post

always wanted to see what randy starks would do in a 34 after he bombed with us in the 43. only saw a few dolphin games this year but he flashed alot.

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
              Cortland Finnegan is the secks. As far as underachieving rookie I will say Mouton because I expected more out of him in the return game. If he would have been any good we might be in the playoffs right now.
              I somewhat agree with that. Griffin and Hope had off years. Harper was AWFUL, and pretty much anybody that was inserted into the secondary due to Finnegan/Harper being injured was AWFUL minus Hood playing pretty well for that 2-3 game stretch. I can't wait till next year though. Finnegan will be Finnegan, Griffin and Hope should return back to form, they just need to add solid corner or get either Mouton or McCourtey ready to start. But as a whole this year, the secondary was horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
                always wanted to see what randy starks would do in a 34 after he bombed with us in the 43. only saw a few dolphin games this year but he flashed alot.
                He was a beast this year. I was really impressed with his pass rushing ability as a 34 end, and he was the only player to really show up all season long. Really underrated throughout the season. Plus he's only 26.

Comment

MVP- Favre

Biggest Surprise- I hated the Harvin pick

Biggest Disappointment- Myself, for hating the harvin pick

Best Rookie- Percey.

Underachieving Rookie- me, for my lack of not liking the harvin pick.

Offensive MVP- Favre/Sidney Rice

Defensive MVP- Jared Allen(but Cedric Griffen has been quietly excellent this year)

Comment

Originally posted by Finz99 View Post

Overall Sucking at the sport of Football award: Pat White
                    Good to see Randy doing well for y'all. He came in at a really young age, I was kinda sad we couldn't keep him longer.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Carolina Panthers

MVP- Jon Beason: This man came to carolina in his own words wanting to play for no one else and it showed this year that he truly does love the team. He rallied the defense to the best of his ability and left no stone unturned in attempting to motivate the guys around him. His snub from the pro bowl this year is without doubt a travesty.

Biggest Surprise: Hollis Thomas: signed as a stop gap at DT he came in with a veteran presence and helped turn around the defenses play. Mackenzie Berdeneau and Geoff Schwarz, injuries on the offensive line proved to be a blessing in disguise as both guys stepped in and played well enough for one of them to push for a start at guard next year and fans and staff alike to feel comfortable with the depth there.

Matt Moore, won all but one game against the Patriots including two against playoff teams, showed a lot of poise and accuracy on the long ball and did so without the teams starting right and left tackles, injuries at WR and starting running back. His ability to complete passes accurately especially on the long ball allowed him to go:
                      61% completion for 1,053 yards for 8 touchdowns, 2 INTs and a passer rating of 98.5 good enough for 8th in the NFL, his projected stats had he played 16 games: 3,369 yards, 25 tds and 6 INTs, not half bad.

Biggest Disappointment- Jake Delhomme: Before this season he was top 15 all time for passer rating, above Griese, Kelly and Brunell and had helped Carolina become one of the most competitive teams of the last six years, now, altough he's still top 20 in passer rating of all time his legacy will forever be tarnished by his last playoff performance and horrendous propensity for turnovers this year.

Best Rookie- Oh Captain my Capatin: Catain Munnerlyn is like Steve Smith on defense, small in stature, but extremely athletic, aggressive and loves the competition of the game, not bad for a 7th rounder.

Underachieving Rookie- Tony Fiametta: he was drafted in the fourth round and was advertised as a good lead blocker and tremendous pass receiver, neither of which he's excelled at even when given opportunity to do so.

Offensive MVP- Steve Smith

Defensive MVP- Jon Beason
                      Last edited by BlindSite; 01-12-2010, 06:05 AM.

Comment

MVP- Steven Jackson, prolly one of the few guys on our team any other team in the NFL would want

Biggest Surprise- That we finally grew some balls and released the fat **** screw up that was Ritchie Incognito

Biggest Disappointment- Quarterbacks in general, but especially Marc Bulger, but I am pretty sure he has won this award every year since 2005.

Best Rookie- James Laranitus, he was one of few bright spots even though he was a Buckeye

Underachieving Rookie- Hate to give this to any1. Was thinking about giving it to Jason Smith, but he got hurt. I would give it to Keith Null, but he prolly wasn't expecting significant playing time.

Offensive MVP- Steven Jackson because he maybe the only player worth mentioning.

Defensive MVP- James Laranitus as well. Led the team in tackles, had as many INTs as Atogwe and more than any of our CBs cuz we had a whole 8 INTs and 25 sacks, which he had two of.

Comment

MVP - Fred Jackson

--- He did it all for us. First player in NFL history with 1000 rushing and 1000 return yards. Led NFL in all purpose yards. 2nd on the team in receptions. Ran hard as balls every time, played like a true workhorse. Kept whatever offense we had going.

Biggest Surprise- Drayton Florence

--- Took over the starting job very early in the year for the injured McKelvin and performed well above expectations. This is what teams were hoping for when he got big money last year. I really didn't think he could play that well on the outside, but he was a great cover corner this year. I give him the nod, even if he was a classic over-celebrator on every play he made.

Biggest Disappointment- Owens/Evans combining for less than 100 catches.

--- Pathetic. Regarded as one of the best duos in the league in the preseason, such a flop. They tried forcing the ball to Owens, and probably didn't give it enough to Evans, at least in a feasible manner. Sending him on fly routes and overthrowing him by 10 yards became a tired sight. Fitzpatrick was more successful getting these guys the ball, actually trusting Evans to make plays. A lot of it does come down to the offense and quarterback play, but come on. Dallas Clark had more receptions than these guys put together. It may sound like I was defending Evans too much, but I'll say that he is probably the worst value in the league right now with his mammoth contract. It doesn't have to be this way, his talent is still on display, but it sure was with how he was used this year.

Best Rookie- Jairus Byrd

- What can you say about Jairus Byrd? 8 picks in 5 games fromn when he began starting through when he came down with what would turn out to be a season-ending injury. Not a very good tackler, sure. But he just about completely took away the deep passing game for a streak of games. Named to the Pro Bowl.
                          Eric Wood looked like a mauler, albeit a little hot and cold, before he got hurt. But this is obviously Byrd.

Underachieving Rookie- Mayyyyybin

--- Still hating this. Did very little, even less as a pass rusher. Didn't expect much from him this year, and he was needed even less than we thought, but I can still put him here rather easily.

Offensive MVP- Fred Jackson

- We talked about this stud already.

Defensive MVP- Aaron Schobel

--- Big comeback year for the second best pass rusher in Bills history. After missing almost all of last year, Schobel put up double digit sacks this season. The big plays were there - an INT returned for a TD to go with 3 forced fumbles. Top-10 in every major defensive category among defensive ends. A constant source of pressure from the edge, even if it was often times a wide-around. I'd say he was surely the best and most important player on our defense this year.

The best surprise could really be a number of guys in the secondary - Florence, Byrd, George Wilson. These guys performed admirably with the big names on the shelf.
                          Last edited by SuperMcGee; 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

MVP- Tony Romo

Biggest Surprise- Doug Free

Biggest Disappointment- Roy Williams/Nick Folk

Best Rookie- Kevin Ogletree

Underachieving Rookie- I don't know, we drafted a bunch of Special Teams players, so hard to under achieve knowing that. I guess Jason Williams being our 1st pick and hardly playing due to injury.

Offensive MVP- Tony Romo

Defensive MVP- Demarcus Ware

I could of went alot of ways for a few of these. Anthony Spencer was damn sure a big surprise, but he was a 1st rounder, he just turned into a new person at the halfway point of the season. Still, Doug Free may be our LT of the future and is a damn good RT, there was no drop off at all with Columbo out and that injury was a blessing in disguise. Keith Brooking I almost put there too, everything Zach Thomas was supposed to be.

This guy knows the scheme, and is the vocal, emotional, team leader since day one, I hated this signing but it's been arguably the best one in awhile for alot of reasons.

Hated to be obvious with Romo and Ware, but Romo knew he had to cut down on the INT's and fumbles, and his attention to detail showed he worked on it that entire off-season and isn't careless with the football anymore. Ware proves more and more to me every day, but after being carted off, then winning the Saints game for us as a 3rd down pass rusher was the pivotal point in the season. Who knows where we are if that injury forced him to miss even one more game, let alone the season, or his career.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

MVP-TE Zach Miller-Every game you could see he was our best weapon on offence. Deserved to be a pro bowler and with a real QB he will be one

Biggest Surprise-QB Bruce Gradkowski- tell you the truth I thought Frye was the better back up, but when Bruce went out there you could tell he was real player and leader

Biggest Disappointment-QB JaMarcus Russell- so pretty much we wasted the #1 pick on him in front of alot of pro bowlers, came into camp out of shape and showed no effort

Best Rookie- DE Matt Shaughnessy/WR Louis Murphy- Shaughnessy was considered a big reach in the 3rd but he played really well. Big upside IMO. Murphy was labled as another Florida WR who would bust. The guy went out there and played his heart out and looks to be the real deal

Underachieving Rookie-DHB- we all knew he was going to come in and struggle but the drops were just too much

Offensive MVP- TE Zach Miller(read the MVP part)

Defensive MVP-CB Nnamdi Asomugha- still considered the best CB in the league IMO didnt have the complete shut down year like last year but he still was the least thrown out CB

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

MVP- Brett Favre

Biggest Surprise- Sidney Rice

Biggest Disappointment- Bryant McKinnie/Madieu Williams

Best Rookie- Percy Percy Percy

Underachieving Rookie- Asher Allen maybe?

Offensive MVP- Favre

Defensive MVP- Antoine Winfield, anyone notice how sh*tty our defense is without him?

Best Play Caller - Brett Favre

Worst Play Caller - Brad Childress

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information