Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Woodson Wins Defensive Player of the Year!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
    Matt Leinart threw it
    The interception was on Fitzgerald more then it was Leinart.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
      Matt Leinart threw it
      So that makes the play less impactful? Alright, your clearly a Jets fan...There is no question in my mind that Revis was the BEST CB in the NFL this season. If the award was by position, then hell yeah he beats Woodson.

But the award was for defensive MVP...The most valuable player to a team. Without Woodson Green Bay doesn't sniff the playoffs. 9 INT's and 3 TD's, great those are the biggest stats. Both guys are more than worthy of the award, but how can you argue against the other 74 tackles, 4 FF, 2 sacks, and 27 PD along with those 9 INT's and 3 TD's? I don't get it.

I'm a Packer fan so just like you I'm a bit one-sided, and would be disappointed if Revis beat out Charles. Again though, both deserved, and I supposed I'm just lucky "our" guy won.
      Last edited by Whistler6; 01-12-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
        But the award was for defensive MVP...The most valuable player to a team.
        Actually it's the defensive player of the year, awarded to the most outstanding defensive player. The word valuable is never used.

Anyway, I obviously wanted Revis to win but its not big a deal, I think Harrison beating Ware last year was a bigger injustice.

Comment

Wood gives me wood. I really wish he could have started his career in Green Bay instead of wasting time with the Raiders.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
            sniper just pointed out your mistake, yet you still say the GB defense gave up 51 points.....
            what the **** ever. 45 points, happy? that is so much better, right?

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Both players were deserving and it was very close in my eyes but the amount of plays that Woodson made over Revis (FFs, Sacks, and INT for TDs) was the decider for me on an unbiased level. Revis played out of his mind, though. I don't know if he can do it again next year but if he can maintain anything close to that level of play, he has a great career ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post

And make no mistake, Revis could do everything Woodson did. He can blitz, sack, force fumbles etc. But the real question is...why?
                This I don't agree with. If you have a player who blitzes as effectively as Woodson, you're better off sending him occasionally and having him make a sack that could possibly change the game. Also, Woodson forced 3 of 4 fumbles on plays down the field, while Revis didn't force any. I don't see how you can say Revis could force fumbles as well as Woodson.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Yeah I agree with Jackalope. Umm...That sounds like a bad Chuck Norris joke. Revis could have inflated his stats, but he chose not too.

Comment

Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                    Wood gives me wood. I really wish he could have started his career in Green Bay instead of wasting time with the Raiders.
                    Dude don't tease me like that. I never thought about that lol.
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Well deserved. Revis was a close 2nd though.
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Revis had a historically great season. Woodson, for me at least, was even better.

Woodson had the best season by a DPoY winner that I can recall to be honest. He pretty much did everything for that defense and his playmaking is what made it such a good defense. I also think he deserves a lot of credit for stepping up and playing even better once Al Harris and Kampman went down. He was the leader and star of one of the best defenses in the league.

Revis defined shutdown. He just dominated his individual matchups and you can't underrate the impact that has on the defense as a whole, the major difference for me was the TO stats, Woodson was shutdown and created turnovers, Revis was a bit better shutdown but didn't generate as many turnovers.

Both were fantastic though and you couldn't really go wrong on either. I'd have voted Woodson, but I could totally see the Revis vote.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                          Revis had a historically great season. Woodson, for me at least, was even better.

Woodson had the best season by a DPoY winner that I can recall to be honest. He pretty much did everything for that defense and his playmaking is what made it such a good defense. I also think he deserves a lot of credit for stepping up and playing even better once Al Harris and Kampman went down. He was the leader and star of one of the best defenses in the league.

Revis defined shutdown. He just dominated his individual matchups and you can't underrate the impact that has on the defense as a whole, the major difference for me was the TO stats, Woodson was shutdown and created turnovers, Revis was a bit better shutdown but didn't generate as many turnovers.

Both were fantastic though and you couldn't really go wrong on either. I'd have voted Woodson, but I could totally see the Revis vote.
                          Still, if the playoffs were included, I think Revis gets it and Woodson after his performance against Warner and Fitzgerald get left behind.
                          And proud of it!!!

Comment

Was revis better than Asomugha 2 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by jackalope View Post
                              This I don't agree with. If you have a player who blitzes as effectively as Woodson, you're better off sending him occasionally and having him make a sack that could possibly change the game. Also, Woodson forced 3 of 4 fumbles on plays down the field, while Revis didn't force any. I don't see how you can say Revis could force fumbles as well as Woodson.
                              You realize that the only reason Woodson gets sacks (2) is because he goes in untouched? It's not like he comes in and lights up a RB to get to the QB. That **** about him being such a OMFG blitzer is so over-yapped it's ridiculous. When you have a guy that can make your best WR just another guy on the field, YOU LET HIM COVER.

Comment

He had an amazing season, but I'd rather have seen Revis win this one. I think he's a better shutdown corner.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information