Dallas vs. Ravens in the Big Show?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas vs. Ravens in the Big Show?

I know we have a lot of Dallas & Ravens fans here who would like to see it.

No playoff winning teams destroyed their opponents more obviously in the WC series last weekend, both offensive gameplans clicked on all cylinders, no better job done scouting the opponents.

Both served notice that they're back in big ways, Dallas with its 1st playoff win since '96, got rid of their December Jinx for good I hope, B-More Ravens back since current ESPN NFL analyst Trent Dilfer was playing QB & Billick was HC.

Both Flacco & Romo have emerged as team leaders & formidable QBs in their own rights. Both had new o-line members come in at the right times, Matt Birk at center in B-more & Doug Free replacing Marc Columbo in Dallas, both contributed to offensive success.

HCs couldn't be more different though, Wade Phillips is all laid back & not hands-on at all with players, while Jim Harbaugh re-instituted needed discipline in the Ravens locker room. Phillips did bring in veteran LB Keith Brookings from his Atlanta asst. days as a player-coach type on the Dallas defense & he lit a fire under otherwise underachievers there.

I would like to see this matchup. And I'd like to see B-more beat Indy & Dallas beat the Saints (again) to get there. What do you think?

There are these teams that didn't play this past weekend, some of them include the Colts Chargers Saints and Vikings.

Wait til next weekend :P

Comment

I would hate this matchup because I hate both of these teams. That said, it'd be a hell of a game and I would not surprised to see it happen.

Comment

Flacco was being protected, late in the half he had about 6 attempted passes. Anything can happen but I am not so sure the Ravens are equipped to survive a shootout with the Colts. Likewise I do not believe the Vikings are a one and done team, but I'm just as impressed with Dallas so who knows. Cards/Saints winner will definitely be the underdog to the Dallas/Vikings winner. Does every potential Super Bowl matchup get a thread?

Comment

LizardState... why? o why?

Get ready for the bashing...

Comment

As of right now, I think it's going to be Dallas vs. San Diego. No one finished the regular season as hot as those two teams. In the NFC, I don't think anyone can stop Dallas with their biggest challenge being this weekend against Minnesota. Neither New Orleans nor Arizona will be able to play with Big D, even though the Cardinals would give them a better game than the Saints.

As far as the AFC, San Diego just looks monstrous. Everything is clicking for them and Rivers is arguably playing the best football right now for his position. One of Baltimore's biggest challenges is going to be getting past Indianapolis, a team that has been their kryptonite the past several seasons. Even if they do get past the Colts, they will still need to get past the Bolts, which will probably be tougher than Indy.

Out of the eight teams left in the playoffs I do not have any faith in the Saints or Jets to get to the Super Bowl, much less the next round of the playoffs. After that, in order of confidence it goes as such:

1. Chargers
            2. Cowboys
            3. Colts
            4. Ravens
            5. Vikings
            6. Cardinals

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

Hey if Cards get Boldin back they'll be scary.

Originally posted by WMD
              Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
              Originally posted by gpngc
              I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                LizardState... why? o why?

Get ready for the bashing...
                B/C they both didn't just win vs. formidable opponents in Rd. 1 of the playoffs, they both shredded those opponents. Even B-More & Dallas fans were stunned. The Ravens scored a 73-yd TD with Rice's run up the middle on the 1st play from scrimmage, now that's impressive.

Impressive as they were hanging 51 on the Packers, the team with the Defensive MVP, questions about him being ready kept me from thinking Zona would advance much further. That & being in/winning a weak division, SF was rebuilding with a new HC & the Seahawks & Rams were nonfactors.

Yeah the Bolts are a genuine juggernaut, I kept thinking about their last playoff fail vs. Bellichick outcoaching Schottenheimer. I realize Turner is > Schottenheimer by several degrees of magnitude, & Rivers has peaked at the best time of his career for them to earn a place on the top shelf of current NFL QBs, but they look like a team in transition right now to me, next yr. both Tomlinson & Merriman will be gone. If they beat Indy & advance it will be on Rivers' arm & their awesome receivers.
                Last edited by LizardState; 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  They weren't scary when they dropped 51 without him!?

Comment

Two wild-card teams? (that is what they are, wild-card teams. Lest we forget). I don't buy it. No. Maybe one of the two (my guess would be the Cowboys). But not both.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

You're half right, LizardState. It's Dallas and San Diego.

Also Addict, Cowboys won the East when they beat Phillly in week 17

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Even without Boldin I think they are still pretty scary. Breston is no slouch, and Doucet looked decent. Beanie broke off a big run, and just looking at the thread about Warner in the playoffs, most of us agree he is one of the best QB's ever in the playoffs. And we know what they were able to accomplish last year... I'm rooting for them to get back.

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                          You're half right, LizardState. It's Dallas and San Diego.

Also Addict, Cowboys won the East when they beat Phillly in week 17
                          no bye + wild card playoff game = wild card playoff team in my book.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think this thread could of held off another week but I wouldn't mind busting the Cowboys ass in the Superbowl. We are worried about Indy right now and not even thinking Superbowl yet. This is our biggest challenge. We have never beat the Colts but we never beat the Patriots either. So anything is possible. I am not nervous about the Chargers as much as Iam about the Colts. We have already beat the Chargers this year. I know they are a different team and all that stuff but I still feel confident going into that game. I am not even too confident the Chargers will beat the Jets. I know everyone else is.
                            Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES; 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM.
                            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                            Just let it go RWO.
                            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Yeah the Bolts are a genuine juggernaut, I kept thinking about their last playoff fail vs. Bellichick outcoaching Schottenheimer. I realize Turner is > Schottenheimer by several degrees of magnitude, & Rivers has peaked at the best time of his career for them to earn a place on the top shelf of current NFL QBs, but they look like a team in transition right now to me, next yr. both Tomlinson & Merriman will be gone. If they beat Indy & advance it will be on Rivers' arm & their awesome receivers.
                              If anything, Baltimore is the team transitioning mayne. Ladainian and Merriman might be gone next year but that's not this year, and the grim reality is that neither of them have been very impactful this season.

'If they beat Indy & advance'...well that can only happen in the AFC Championship, which means the Ravens will already be out, negating this thread and forcing us down an alternate reality in which vampires have become 99% of the world's population and only have enough blood to sustain their population for another month.

For now, go Bolts, boo Jets, that's all that matters to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information