No announcement yet.

2005 HB Draft Class

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of the three there was speculation that chicago didnt like benson, and he was given the short end of the stick and kindof a scapegoat, but he looks like he saved his career in cincy.

Ronnie and Caddy both couldve been so good had it not been that they are so injury prone

Comment

Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      This has been a topsy-turvy group of three.

Caddy burst onto the scene as the offensive rookie of the year but after that blew out both knees. As far as I am concerned he has done tremendously to come back from these injuries and did a good enough job this year that he earned a number of votes in the comeback player of the year.

Ronnie Brown is easily the most talented, but like Caddy he seems to get injured just about every season at some point.

Benson is an odd one. Was terrible with the Bears and is all of a sudden a top 10 back. Not really sure what the go is with that.
      Ask Thomas Jones. Took Thomas a good 5-6 years to break out as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

Ronnie Brown the dude runs the wild cat so well, he is the whole of the dolphins offense. Just a shame he get injured so often.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          Going forward, Benson. His years in Chicago will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, as it should extend his career (unless Cinci runs him into the ground within two years like they did to Rudi Johnson).
          Johnson was actually good for us for 4 years though (one of those years he split carries with Corey Dillon, which is what lead to us dropping Dillon in favor of Johnson).

Comment

I could def. see Benson going the way of Rudi. The Bengals use them in the same way. He had 6 games with 27+ carries this year and a couple 35+ games. That's a lot of wear. Just going to shorten his career in the long run. He would have easily lead the league in carries if he didnt miss a couple of games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              I could def. see Benson going the way of Rudi. The Bengals use them in the same way. He had 6 games with 27+ carries this year and a couple 35+ games. That's a lot of wear. Just going to shorten his career in the long run. He would have easily lead the league in carries if he didnt miss a couple of games.
              That's how Marvin runs his offense, so yea, he likely will get "run into the ground". But as far as this year goes specifically, a lot of those 30+ carries were because we didn't have any other option.

I specifically remember the Bears game, being up 35-10 at one point, and Benson was still taking every snap because Scott and Leonard were both hurt. No one minded because Benson got to tear his old team up, but that is not the reason why he was in there so long.

Even so though, he did end up 6th total on carries after missing several games, so I definitely don't disagree that Marvin will work him over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

What a RB draft:
                Benson, Ronnie, Caddy, Jacobs, MBIII, Gore, Sproles.

Hell even Morency and JJ Arrington have had some glory moments in the NFL
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                  Considering injuries? or just on 5 years of performance?

On talent alone, not performance...

1. Ronnie Brown
                  2. Cadillac Williams
                  3. Cedric Benson

Over 5 years I think it was...

1. Ronnie Brown
                  2. Cadillac Williams
                  3. Cedric Benson

Without injuries I think it would've been...

1. Cadillac Williams
                  2. Ronnie Brown
                  3. Cedric Benson

Goin forward I think it will be...

1. Cedric Benson
                  2. Ronnie Brown
                  3. Cadillac Williams
                  I agree with all of that. Nice job.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You can argue it all three ways. I voted for Brown, because he has been the most consistent over the years. Cadillac has been an "in and out" player. What I mean by that is he has his bright moments, but he also has his stupid ones. Cedric Benson had his break out year this year. So they only have him for about 5 more years at best.

sig by fenikz
                    Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                    You are just a terrible person.
                    Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                    I have an iPhone.

Comment

Strictly talent wise, I think Caddy and Ronnie were equal in that regards, once the injuries started piling up for Caddy he wasn't the same, but initially they were both explosive. Now you just see that type of Caddy in spurts, Brown can sustain that level much longer but why does it always seem like he's out for the season come November? He's just as injury prone as Caddy.

Benson is really just starting his career now, and which is funny because for the slow start he looked better then both guys this year, so it's hard to make something out of all 3. None were in retrospect worth picks that high at all, which it's been much tougher to take a RB that high lately also.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

If he could stay on the field I think Ronnie Brown would be the best of the three.

Comment

the one guy who voted for cadillac needs to get in here and defend him!

Comment

Brown is the most dynamic back of the group, but Benson has probably shown the best ability to actually stay on the field.

The thing with both Cadillac and Ronnie is that they have been freak injuries. They aren't missing games with things like "sore hamstring", "back pain" and those other injuries that recur throughout your career, they blow out knees. You still miss games but they are more unlucky than they are injury prone. If they don't get those unlucky breaks they play full seasons.

It's sort of hard to judge Cadillac, he basically hasn't played healthy since his rookie season, where he killed it. Next year will be big as the types of knee injuries that he has had are the type that normally don't come good until the 2nd season back, when they are fully recovered and the confidence is back.

Brown just needs to stay healthy and he would be the best.

Benson is a workhorse, be good to see him split carries next year and fresh, but at the same time, I'm not sure that is the type of back he is. He seems like a typical gets better with more carries guy. If that is the case it will help explain a lot of his troubles in Chicago because they had him splitting carries the whole time, plus the coaches never seemed to give him a shot.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                              The thing with both Cadillac and Ronnie is that they have been freak injuries. They aren't missing games with things like "sore hamstring", "back pain" and those other injuries that recur throughout your career, they blow out knees. You still miss games but they are more unlucky than they are injury prone. If they don't get those unlucky breaks they play full seasons.
                              That still means your injury prone, however you want to classify the injuries, especially if they keep happening. The other stuff you listed like sore hamstring and back pain, I didn't even know were injuries, that just sounds like a typical player after a game.

An injury is an injury, 99% of injuries are freak accidents, know why? Because nobody is out there intentially trying to hurt anyone, so if your trying to tackle someone or run the ball and get hurt it's a freak accident. Still, if it continues to occur throughout the season, or through a guys career he's injury prone, I don't care what circumstances happened along the way.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information