Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pro-Bowl should be the only game played overseas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
    The Pro Bowl shouldn't be played, period. Pick the teams and be done with it.
    I agree 100%.
    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I'm still having a hard time grasping the fact that it's being played the week before the Super Bowl now. Yeah, real brilliant idea there. It just needs to be done away with already. I agree, pick the teams and leave it at that. Yes, the game is for the fans. But, the majority of fans, at least in my experience, do not care about the actual game itself at all. And of course, you can go the other route and say you're rewarding the players with the game...but yeah, that would make a lot more sense if the game was still in Hawaii.
      Despite that, i believe this year's Pro Bowl will have the highest ratings it has had in a long time. Yeah, it doesn't make sense that the Superbowl players won't be in the game, but half the damn players that get chosen originally don't show up anyway, so i doubt it's that big a deal.

The reason i think more people will watch, is simply because it'll be a nice little football warm up before the big game. Think of all the casual fans (the jersey/tshirt fans) that think football is over after the Superbowl. It's such a huge buildup that no one even realizes that there's another game left. I think it's a stupid, meaningless game and i would not miss it if they did away with it, but moving it around to the Superbowl site a week before is a great idea for the NFL.

Comment

Having the Pro Bowl abroad is even worse than taking it away from Hawaii. I can't see too many players wanting to make the trip to Europe, which is currently gripped in the middle of a freezing cold winter.

Wonderbredd's idea of just picking a squad, giving the player's the honour and not playing the game is probably the best idea of the lot. That way we also prevent the possibility of 2nd and 3rd alternates being called Pro Bowlers.

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Despite that, i believe this year's Pro Bowl will have the highest ratings it has had in a long time. Yeah, it doesn't make sense that the Superbowl players won't be in the game, but half the damn players that get chosen originally don't show up anyway, so i doubt it's that big a deal.

The reason i think more people will watch, is simply because it'll be a nice little football warm up before the big game. Think of all the casual fans (the jersey/tshirt fans) that think football is over after the Superbowl. It's such a huge buildup that no one even realizes that there's another game left. I think it's a stupid, meaningless game and i would not miss it if they did away with it, but moving it around to the Superbowl site a week before is a great idea for the NFL.
          From a business stand point it is a good idea...even know the game is a joke regardless. You'll more than likely have a bigger audience...a lot of fans just forget about football after the SB like you said, so there is that. But still, if say the Vikings make it to the SB, you'd have to patch up the entire NFC roster. It's still ultimately flawed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

The NFL just needs to understand that due to the nature of football, the NFL All-Star game is never going to be as popular as the NBA, MLB etc. Way too much risk for injury, and thats fine...I think most fans get it. Overseas would be better than what we have now, but I think they should get rid of the game all together. But I'd rather no go into playing regular season games overseas because I hate it so much.

Comment

All pro Flag football, probably not entertaining... just an idea

Comment

id hate to see the pro bowl. it does not have the same intensity, same meaning

Comment

It sure seems like fans in the states don't care about the game at all, so why not send it abroad for fans that don't get to see NFL games?

I'm just not sure there would be much interest elsewhere either b/c the game is so watered down, but it's worth a shot.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

They should just not play the Pro Bowl. It's a contact sport, why risk injury in games no one cares about?

Comment

I would have it overseas. I was thinking about this when they moved it from Hawaii. I was afraid people around the world wouldn't be interested enough in the game to generate much revenue

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem if Pre-season games were played over-seas as well.

Meaningless games for them to show they want football (and not just soccer).
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          I wouldn't have a problem if Pre-season games were played over-seas as well.

Meaningless games for them to show they want football (and not just soccer).
                          They want to expand the NFL outside of the States and your solution is that they give us the dregs of the NFL season? They won't expand American Football outside of the US without putting on real games, and eventually a Franchise.

In terms of the Pro Bowl, I think they should lock the teams at 43. If a player pulls out through injury then they don't replace him. You have 4th, 5th and 6th rated players at a position being selected to the Pro Bowl.
                          Originally posted by George Carlin

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.

Comment

Playing the Pro Bowl overseas would be a terrible idea. You're taking the "supposed" best players that year and putting them in dumbed down offenses and defenses in a game that nobody plays 100%. You'd basically being showing a product that doesn't embody what the NFL really is or how its played.

That said, I'm sick of seeing teams play overseas and fans losing out on watching their team at home. If any league should expand overseas its MLB, not the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                              All pro Flag football, probably not entertaining... just an idea
                              Robert Edwards says no.

Comment

That's actually a really solid idea. Most fans who are already exposed to the game in a big way don't like the pro bowl, but I imagine that people who don't know a lot about football would love to go see Peyton Manning throwing to guys like Andre Johnson being covered by guys like Charles Woodson. They could start marketing the players over there and then people would go see them in the PB.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information