Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pro-Bowl should be the only game played overseas...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Pro-Bowl should be the only game played overseas...

    ...and it should be moved every year like the Superbowl, moved to countries or cities that have the stadium sizable enough to accommodate.


    I bring this up because I am reading about a 49er home game going across seas, this doesn't seem fair to the team and city that gets only 7 real home games.

    Thoughts?
    Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

  • #2
    i feel as though that would be a great way to spread football throughout the world. not like americans give a **** about it anyway

    Bonekrusher.

    Originally posted by JordanTaber
    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by prock View Post
      i feel as though that would be a great way to spread football throughout the world. not like americans give a **** about it anyway
      Only if they change the rules to be a normal game. No blitzing suck my D. The reason why the pro bowl isn't popular anymore is because everything is tied down.
      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


      DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

      Originally posted by njx9
      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

      Comment


      • #4
        The Pro Bowl shouldn't be played, period. Pick the teams and be done with it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
          Thoughts?
          Get rid of the Pro Bowl all together.

          Comment


          • #6
            Im all for games abroad...albeit not too many. Im a Steelers fan living in the UK...i cant afford to travel to pittsburgh and buy tickets, just aint gonna happen. Im stoked that theres a chance they could be playing here in the coming years. Its a good thing for the sport imo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
              The Pro Bowl shouldn't be played, period. Pick the teams and be done with it.
              Agreed. The risk of injury and the watered down aspects of the game that is actually played makes me lose so much interest. I hate it. The only thing I really look forward to is the All-Pro list...the one you can't get in based on just your reputation.

              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm still having a hard time grasping the fact that it's being played the week before the Super Bowl now. Yeah, real brilliant idea there. It just needs to be done away with already. I agree, pick the teams and leave it at that. Yes, the game is for the fans. But, the majority of fans, at least in my experience, do not care about the actual game itself at all. And of course, you can go the other route and say you're rewarding the players with the game...but yeah, that would make a lot more sense if the game was still in Hawaii.

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • #9
                  They ruined the pro bowl by putting it before the superbowl. Now every single player that is on one of the superbowl teams rosters aren't going to be able to play.

                  sig by fenikz
                  Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                  You are just a terrible person.
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                  I have an iPhone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
                    They ruined the pro bowl by putting it before the superbowl. Now every single player that is on one of the superbowl teams rosters aren't going to be able to play.
                    It was already worthless. This change did nothing but make it a joke, because between the Superbowl teams not going and the amount of real or bogus injuries people will come up with, you're going to see some undeserving players in this game and positions with 5 and 6 Pro Bowl players, which only helps to devalue the point of the thing.

                    Reggie White went to 1 Pro Bowl and never went back.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                      Im all for games abroad...albeit not too many. Im a Steelers fan living in the UK...i cant afford to travel to pittsburgh and buy tickets, just aint gonna happen. Im stoked that theres a chance they could be playing here in the coming years. Its a good thing for the sport imo.
                      Screw you get your own league. This is AMERICA!!!!!!
                      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                      Just let it go RWO.
                      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

                      John Wall
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        imo, the NFL should do a tour match, take guys from P-squad and from the back up ranks, i.e. every NFL team nominates guys from every position and the NFL selects a coordinator or position coach to be head coach of the NFC and the AFC and take these guys who wouldn't otherwise have a chance to start for a few years or travel and play some games on every continent in the offseason and grow the brand.

                        Think about it, if they have these guys who won't be a big factor in the regular season, who aren't gassed or injured from the regular season, throw them in a team, under a relatively experienced coach from whatever team and let them play.

                        Or, nominate a coach who wants to be involved but won't necessarily take an NFL job for whatever reason and let them coach. It would be easy to find 106 guys from all the backups and P-squads to form two teams and send them round the world for 8 games or so.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
                          The Pro Bowl shouldn't be played, period. Pick the teams and be done with it.
                          Here Here. Plus with all of the guys who drop out due to injury (and "injury") and now, with the Superbowl teams' players not playing, we're likely going to see extreme alternates...like 5th and 6th choices.

                          Pick the teams, no need for alternates and **** like that...then just have a fun skills competition in Hawaii or something. Play beach flag football like the HoF guys used to do (maybe still do...idk, haven't gotten the NFL network in a long while.)

                          The Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. The only reason I even watch it (if I even remember that it's on) is just because it's the only football available at that time.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            Here Here. Plus with all of the guys who drop out due to injury (and "injury") and now, with the Superbowl teams' players not playing, we're likely going to see extreme alternates...like 5th and 6th choices.

                            Pick the teams, no need for alternates and **** like that...then just have a fun skills competition in Hawaii or something. Play beach flag football like the HoF guys used to do (maybe still do...idk, haven't gotten the NFL network in a long while.)

                            The Pro Bowl is a joke anyway. The only reason I even watch it (if I even remember that it's on) is just because it's the only football available at that time.
                            They should bring the skills competition back. I bet more players would be willing to go overseas to just have fun in something like that. And there is less chance for injury to actually occur. Plus its easily ten times more interesting than the joke of a game they actually play.

                            I wonder what it would take to get this thing shut down. Perhaps if someone like Peyton Manning got seriously injured...only then would it be considered due to all of the media bashing the NFL would get for having a meaningless game.

                            "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                            -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                            Originally posted by Borat
                            Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                              imo, the NFL should do a tour match, take guys from P-squad and from the back up ranks, i.e. every NFL team nominates guys from every position and the NFL selects a coordinator or position coach to be head coach of the NFC and the AFC and take these guys who wouldn't otherwise have a chance to start for a few years or travel and play some games on every continent in the offseason and grow the brand.

                              Think about it, if they have these guys who won't be a big factor in the regular season, who aren't gassed or injured from the regular season, throw them in a team, under a relatively experienced coach from whatever team and let them play.

                              Or, nominate a coach who wants to be involved but won't necessarily take an NFL job for whatever reason and let them coach. It would be easy to find 106 guys from all the backups and P-squads to form two teams and send them round the world for 8 games or so.
                              Makes sense, but its kind of like NFLE. Which wasn't that good at all. There's just not enough interest in the sport overseas. Which Is why I think it should stay a North American sport.

                              sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information