No announcement yet.

ESPN cold hard facts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw, Dockery played real well last year. He struggled a bit 2 years ago, but he was real solid last year. Not saying he deserved the money, but a lot of people bag on the signing. If they felt like they could afford it, it does potentially solidify the inside of that OL with a good young piece.

If the Patriots can land Edgerton Hartwell, I'd be quite surprised, but that'd be a sweet addition for them. I'd be surprised, because as of now, Hartwell would be coming off the bench, and he'd have a hard time beating out Bruschi and Vrabel inside, unless injuries happened. I'd imagine that there should be better situations out there. I don't think anyone is going to hand Hartwell a starting spot, but there should be more competitive opportunities.

That said, if the Patriots can land Hartwell, that'd be a sweet addition for them. With Bruschi slowing down, they could rotate Vrabel could handle more of the coverage roles to allow them to work in Hartwell in a run-stuffing role. This would give them 5 deep that would allow guys enough breathers during the course of the year without dropping in productivity. This is, of course, assuming Hartwell is healthy. With Eric Alexander inside, their only LB need left would be finding a young edge guy to groom, something they could look for later on in the draft, allowing them a ton of versatility to either deal down, or to deal up.

Comment

i actually agree with them entirely

fletcher isnt that big of a lose but McGahee is a beast and will only get better as he continues to recover from his ACL tear, while Clements might not be as valuable in the cover 2 he is still a great corner top 10 atleast maybe top 5

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
        Btw, Dockery played real well last year. He struggled a bit 2 years ago, but he was real solid last year. Not saying he deserved the money, but a lot of people bag on the signing. If they felt like they could afford it, it does potentially solidify the inside of that OL with a good young piece.

If the Patriots can land Edgerton Hartwell, I'd be quite surprised, but that'd be a sweet addition for them. I'd be surprised, because as of now, Hartwell would be coming off the bench, and he'd have a hard time beating out Bruschi and Vrabel inside, unless injuries happened. I'd imagine that there should be better situations out there. I don't think anyone is going to hand Hartwell a starting spot, but there should be more competitive opportunities.

That said, if the Patriots can land Hartwell, that'd be a sweet addition for them. With Bruschi slowing down, they could rotate Vrabel could handle more of the coverage roles to allow them to work in Hartwell in a run-stuffing role. This would give them 5 deep that would allow guys enough breathers during the course of the year without dropping in productivity. This is, of course, assuming Hartwell is healthy. With Eric Alexander inside, their only LB need left would be finding a young edge guy to groom, something they could look for later on in the draft, allowing them a ton of versatility to either deal down, or to deal up.
        I agree Dockery had a good 06 season but for a guy who has mostly been a career underachiever and then suddenly has a breakout year in his contract year, that raises a major red flag to me and I would never give a guy like that a 7year 49 mill contract. Even if he played every year like he did in 06, he still wouldnt be worth it IMO, but the thing is I wont be surprised if he goes back to his old self now that hes got his money. Way too much to invest in a guy like that IMO.

The way I see it with the Pats is Bruschi is near the end and he cant be an everydown backer anymore so that right away means Hartwell will be getting snaps and I bet Bruschi retires after this year so Hartwell would be a full-time starter in 08 which might be the best situation he can get. He might want a year to play part-time and get healthy before he jumps back into a full-time role anyways. For the Pats, it would be a great addition. I dont know if it will happen, but it would make a good deal of sense for both parties. Also, I would expect Hartwell wants to go back to the 3-4. Maybe SD goes for him?

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post

fletcher isnt that big of a lose but McGahee is a beast and will only get better as he continues to recover from his ACL tear, while Clements might not be as valuable in the cover 2 he is still a great corner top 10 atleast maybe top 5
          I agree with them entirely also. The Bills gained NOTHING, lost a premier RB, a solid LB, and a very good CB.

Comment

[QUOTE=jetsfan3;204982] lost a premier RB[QUOTE]

When he played the Jets

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
              Originally posted by jetsfan3 View Post
              lost a premier RB
              When he played the Jets
              Haha, I will most likely overrate him because he averaged 200 yards against the Jets, which is mostly the only time I saw him play.

Comment

Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
                Well I agree about the Patriots being the biggest winner.

I disagree about Buffalo. They really added to their Offensive line. Although Fletch and Clements will hurt, I still think the Bills will be about .500 next year if Losman proves this year wasnt a fluke
                how did they improve their Oline.They signed Walker.
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post

this has got to be one of the dumbest things ive heard. Mcgahee tore his ACL what 5 years ago...how long does it take to recover?? if anything id say hes REGRESSING. he was at 3.8 YPC...and hes a beast eh.. i guess running for 990 yards and 6 td's these days makes u a beast. Ever since he said he was the "best RB in the league" he has gone downhill. The Bills got so much better out of this deal. Another 3rd round pick..i would've traded Willis for a 3rd rounder alone...he aint nothing special and all he likes to do is run off at the mouth...maybe if he ran his mouth and also ran for 1400 yards and 14 td's that would be different, but he wasnt anywhere near that.

As for fletcher...no big loss, id say that a rookie coming i nthe year could do better, at least they would be more aggressive and make plays closer to the line. Clements was a loss no doubt, and he will be missed, but you cant dwell on that too much anymore, we gotta move on.

Comment

It's worth noting that the only people that have a problem with it are Bills fans, who apparently are the only reasonable people on this entire board.

Oh and Jason Peters is the next Orlando Pace if you haven't heard that one yet.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      It's worth noting that the only people that have a problem with it are Bills fans, who apparently are the only reasonable people on this entire board.

TNewFan41, EaglesAllTheWay, and GiantsRutgersFan are bills fans? Could've fooled me...

And in case you didn't know, bills fans, do in fact, know more about the bills than an average football fan who sees them once a year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

allright buddy you cans ay what you want...but im beginning to question all these peoples fotoball knowledge. You think that a guy who ran for 990 yards and 6 td's in what 13-14 games is a premiere RB in the league? that is INSANE! this guy is barely worth a 3rd round pick right now...and hes knee is fine which has not given him any troubles at all since he became a starter... he just has an ego that is too big for him...i odnt know what all of you guys think about this situation, but maybe because im a Bills fan and Patriots fan and they both play with class, that i respect guys who shut their mouth and play. i guess many of tou arent like that. and the only thing i can say is you cant question what i just said cuz the PAts have been at or near the top of the league since 2001.

Comment

I just don't understand why you're ******** your pants about what John Clayton thinks. Who cares? Hell I don't even see why it deserves it's own thread when there is already one quite similar to this. If you want to piss about how nobody is respecting the Bills do it in a team thread where people won't tell you how much they suck.

Comment

it goes beyond what John Clayton has to say...it really seems that only Bills fans see the REAL Willis MCgahee. We experienced him first hand and watched him every sunday, and saw that he is not a top notch RB. And trust me, MArv Levy knows what hes doing (dont give me anything about not winning any SB's, cuz he was still 2nd in he league 4 years in a row...show one who has been to 4 SB's.) The Bills got rid of a guy who was not producing and ran off at the mouth. he should not be anywhere near the likes of LJ, LT Shaun Alexander, Willie Parker, Tiki Barber (although hes reitirng), Frank Gore, Steven Jackson etc...

Comment

Yeah, even I'm getting tired of these out of place Bills threads.
                              But that doesn't give anybody the right to commit heresy against Jason Peters

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                                it goes beyond what John Clayton has to say...it really seems that only Bills fans see the REAL Willis MCgahee. We experienced him first hand and watched him every sunday, and saw that he is not a top notch RB. And trust me, MArv Levy knows what hes doing (dont give me anything about not winning any SB's, cuz he was still 2nd in he league 4 years in a row...show one who has been to 4 SB's.) The Bills got rid of a guy who was not producing and ran off at the mouth. he should not be anywhere near the likes of LJ, LT Shaun Alexander, Willie Parker, Tiki Barber (although hes reitirng), Frank Gore, Steven Jackson etc...
                                I think the loss of Clements is much bigger than McGahee, who I agree isn't special at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information