• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
    Marshall>Welker.
    A lot of WRs > Welker.

Welker is probably the most overrated player in the NFL right now

Comment

Vernon Davis is the biggest snub easily, that makes absolutely no sense to me. Did he need to reach 20 TD's?

Originally posted by RealityCheck View Post
      Pretty much this.
      Stop being a silly jealous immature hater. We get that you hate the Colts/Manning with a passion, but it's annoying as hell.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
        Who should he have made it ahead of? Dockett, Ratliff and Ngata are 3-4 linemen so you can't really use stats to show who is better. Kevin Williams had very similar stats and is a perennial all pro on a super bowl contender, Babineaux had a good season but to say he "absolutely should have made it" ahead of any of these guys isn't really fair.
        Touche. Maybe he shouldn't have absolutely made it, but he is terribly underrated nonetheless with no mentions as one of the top 4-3 DTs.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Really sucks that vernon ties the record for TE TD catches in a season and doesn't get it. OH well Andy Lee FTW!
          Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I dunno even half of those guys why did we sign them jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by crossroads View Post
            Because being the leagues best QB
            Philip Rivers doesn't play for the Colts.

during a season in which you lead your team to a 14-0 record in games that mattered,
            Why did the Jacksonville game "matter" but the Jets and Bills games didn't matter? Just because Manning played the whole game? Colts already had home field advantage locked up before they played the Jaguars.

while orchestrating many game winning drives to get to that record, and finishing with the best record in the league while statistically being on par with the other top QBs this year, means that being named 1st team All Pro is him being overrated?
            Where do you get "statistically being on par with" from. Drew Brees had a quarterback rating 10 points higher, a completion percentage 2% higher, a yards per attempt 0.6 higher, threw for 11 yards more per game, had 1 more touchdown, and 5 less interceptions. Are you a Colts fan? I don't see any way someone can spin Peyton Manning's season to be on par with Drew Brees' statistically. Drew Brees had the second best single season for a quarterback in the last five years (first was Tom Brady in 2007).

Comment

A lot of WRs > Welker.

Welker is probably the most overrated player in the NFL right now
              Yeah, overrated. Only caught 123 balls this year, 111 last year, and 112 the year before. A regular Darrius Heyward-Bey he is. And that NE offense looked awesome without him against the Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                Where do you get "statistically being on par with" from. Drew Brees had a quarterback rating 10 points higher, a completion percentage 2% higher, a yards per attempt 0.6 higher, threw for 11 yards more per game, had 1 more touchdown, and 5 less interceptions. Are you a Colts fan? I don't see any way someone can spin Peyton Manning's season to be on par with Drew Brees' statistically.
                Were you being sarcastic? The difference in their stats is pretty negligible aside from the 5 ints, but Brees lost 6 more fumbles. Brees could have easily been named first team and I don't think anyone would have had a problem with it, but it's not like he robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
                  Yeah, overrated. Only caught 123 balls this year, 111 last year, and 112 the year before. A regular Darrius Heyward-Bey he is. And that NE offense looked awesome without him against the Ravens.
                  I didn't say he wasn't a good player, I said he was overrated. Randy Moss had a significantly better season than Welker, as did a few other players.

To say the Pats played like **** against the Ravens because they didn't have Welker makes you look like an idiot. Did you even watch the game?

Comment

I didn't say he wasn't a good player, I said he was overrated. Randy Moss had a significantly better season than Welker, as did a few other players.

To say the Pats played like **** against the Ravens because they didn't have Welker makes you look like an idiot. Did you even watch the game?
                    83 catches for Moss this year in games that he "played".

And yes, the Pat's offensive dynamics were notably altered without Wes Welker being in the game. Edelman is a good player, but he does not have the same skill-set as Welker, and it's easy to take Moss out of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzouBig12 View Post

If he was the second best receiver in the league he would have been better before he went to New England. The system and Randy Moss let him catch 123 passes. A lot of those 123 catches were screens and throws 3 yards downfield anyway.

He's the best slot receiver in the league by far but to have him over guys like Fitzgerald, Marshall, and Wayne is a joke.

Comment

Through 15 games(benched in week 17), Brandon Marshall caught 1/3 of the passes Kyle Orton completed. He had half of Denver's receiving TDs, and on the team was the only guy with more than four. He WAS the Broncos passing offense, and nobody could stop him from catching 100 balls again. Welker was third on his team in TDs. It's pretty evident that Welker, despite being a very good player, has numbers that are a by-product of playing with Randy Moss. You stop the guy who will kill you for TD aftr TD before you stop the guy who won't kill you with points.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Vernon Davis is the biggest snub easily, that makes absolutely no sense to me. Did he need to reach 20 TD's?
                          Apparently his team had to win more games...?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Lamarr Woodley! <3

Comment

I don't think Manning had as great a pure passing year as Brees, but his intangibles, his leadership, his consistency, what he means to his team (and that is not to say that Brees isn't all those things, too, just not to the same extent as Peyton) makes him the best QB, the best player and a very worthy All-Pro selection. I usually don't hold as strongly to such vague and ethereal arguments, but the Colts have a pretty solid roster that isn't, imo, among the top 5 most talented in the league and hasn't been for years, but they still win 12 or more games EVERY SINGLE YEAR! How? Peyton Manning. If he wins another SB, he moves past Montana into GOAT status in my book. And how can you say that the GOAT doesn't deserve to make the All Pro team in the midst of his prime?
                              Originally posted by 21ST
                              He was protecting his self
                              Originally posted by tjsunstein
                              From what? His leg?
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                Philip Rivers doesn't play for the Colts.

Why did the Jacksonville game "matter" but the Jets and Bills games didn't matter? Just because Manning played the whole game? Colts already had home field advantage locked up before they played the Jaguars.

Where do you get "statistically being on par with" from. Drew Brees had a quarterback rating 10 points higher, a completion percentage 2% higher, a yards per attempt 0.6 higher, threw for 11 yards more per game, had 1 more touchdown, and 5 less interceptions. Are you a Colts fan? I don't see any way someone can spin Peyton Manning's season to be on par with Drew Brees' statistically. Drew Brees had the second best single season for a quarterback in the last five years (first was Tom Brady in 2007).
                                To the first point, maybe I should have phrased it as that they were 14-0 in games they tried to win, as opposed to games that mattered.

As for being "statistically on par" with the other top QBs, I mean that there wasn't enough of a statistical discrepancy between Manning's season and the season that someone like Brees had to say that statistically one was far better then the other. The "11 more yards per game" stat is especially crap considering it takes into account the last two games of the season where Manning only played in the first half in one, and about what, 2 drives in the second game? And no, I'm not a Colts fan.

Either way, I think Brees definitely could have been 1st team all-pro as well, and if he had won I would have had no problem with that. I just think, personally, that due to Manning being on the top team in the league, and the number of clutch drives he put together to win games (as a Broncos fan I was witness to one of these) he deserved to be first team all-pro.

And my first post wasn't meant to be a building up and gloating of Manning's accomplishments so much as I was just trying to point out the ridiculousness of RealityCheck claiming that Manning is overrated.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information