No announcement yet.

***2010 NFL Free Agency Thread***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats our financial situation like this year? I know the last few years hs been pretty tight, so i guess i assumed it was the same this year. If we can afford it, i'll be all for that. Then it comes down to if we can afford Ryan Clark aswell.

Comment

if the Giants don't re-sign Chase Blackburn, there will be hell to pay.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
        Whats our financial situation like this year? I know the last few years hs been pretty tight, so i guess i assumed it was the same this year. If we can afford it, i'll be all for that. Then it comes down to if we can afford Ryan Clark aswell.
        This will be an uncapped year it looks like. We will be able to sign them. We have to be careful, because we have Holmes and Woodley coming up, but they have two years till free agency. I can see Holmes being done before training camp IMO.

Comment

Meh homes is demi-god'like...Woodley is full on GODLY. He needs to be resigned next year :p

Comment

aints (11): running back Mike Bell, tackle Jammal Brown, guard Jahri Evans, safety Roman Harper, receiver Lance Moore,

These are the main Saints I see us retaining. But I thought Pierre Thomas was a FA too?

Comment

Everyone can stay the hell away from Floyd and Jackson, my precious precious 17 ypc receivers. I would honestly rather keep these two than any combo of Sproles/Merriman/McNeill even though I love those guys. Bolts just spent way too long developing both of those receivers into gamebreaking weapons and throw in Gates and Rivers and you have our entire offensive identity.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                Saints (11): running back Mike Bell, tackle Jammal Brown, guard Jahri Evans, safety Roman Harper, receiver Lance Moore,

These are the main Saints I see us retaining. But I thought Pierre Thomas was a FA too?
                The list in the first post of this thread is just RFA's.

Comment

Originally posted by CC.SD View Post
                  Everyone can stay the hell away from Floyd and Jackson, my precious precious 17 ypc receivers. I would honestly rather keep these two than any combo of Sproles/Merriman/McNeill even though I love those guys. Bolts just spent way too long developing both of those receivers into gamebreaking weapons and throw in Gates and Rivers and you have our entire offensive identity.
                  Whoa Jackson is a free agent? He's gonna get paid.
                  Peyton Manning Fanboy
                  Originally posted by Complex
                  They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

He's a restricted FA. At least, he will be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

With this whole CBA mess and players having to have 6 years in the NFL to be a URFA pickings are going to be line.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                        With this whole CBA mess and players having to have 6 years in the NFL to be a URFA pickings are going to be line.
                        I think there will be some cap casualties that will spruce up the market, keep an eye on Champ Bailey.

Comment

But what if there is no cap?

Teams can hold on to players that in others years would be cut.

Comment

I still believe teams should spend wisely with no cap. I think this because whenever they do install the cap again, those high paid players are going to be a ***** to fit under and they'll have to cut a lot of weight in order to pay those players.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                              I'm pretty sure if Casey Hampton hits FA that one of the upstart 3-4 teams will break the bank on him.
                              Whoever does that will be regretting it with a year after signing him.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                                I still believe teams should spend wisely with no cap. I think this because whenever they do install the cap again, those high paid players are going to be a ***** to fit under and they'll have to cut a lot of weight in order to pay those players.
                                I agree. There could potentially be a lockout in 2011 and teams are already looking to save cash by not signing guys to long term deals. I mean would you rather break the bank for 1 player or sign 3-4 good players for that same cost?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information