Teams Announced for London Game, October 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
    Long ass flight for San Fran, Denver isn't much better.
    That's a big stiff middle finger from the league to the 2 mediocre 8-8 teams, corporate NFL strikes again, don't jeopardize your prized assets like the Colts.

And a big Eff You to the NFL fro the extra time zones that SF & denver have to fly over to a game they won't show the stands b/c they will be > half empty. The NFL shows its real motives again, all about PR & merchandising.

When will Goddell realize that American FB doesn't travel well, much less transplant to places where Footy is king? They learned nada from the NFLE failure. As long as they sell some Denver & SF jerseys in London they're happy.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      That's a big stiff middle finger from the league to the 2 mediocre 8-8 teams, corporate NFL strikes again, don't jeopardize your prized assets like the Colts.

And a big Eff You to the NFL fro the extra time zones that SF & denver have to fly over to a game they won't show the stands b/c they will be > half empty. The NFL shows its real motives again, all about PR & merchandising.

When will Goddell realize that American FB doesn't travel well, much less transplant to places where Footy is king? They learned nada from the NFLE failure. As long as they sell some Denver & SF jerseys in London they're happy.
      Wait wait what? You realise we have sold out here every season so far right?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by LizardState View Post

You're thinking of Jacksonville...

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
          http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/othe...ll/8462079.stm

Not a bad game really, two 8-8 teams.
          I guess fans like you are happy.

I can't say I really love the overseas games, but I see why they're done. I'd be wholeheartedly opposed to another country having an NFL team, though.

The Canada Bills this year was borderline unbearable to watch (**** game aside). The crowd was dead.
          Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
            If we ever lose a home game for a european game I will be really really really pissed.
            1) according to the NFL, starting with that first London game a few seasons back, every time over a 16 year span will be playing one home and one away game in London.

2) you can be pissed in the future.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information