Coach of the Year goes to...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    I'm suprised so many poeple thinks he deserved it. After his playoff game, I thought he could be a candidate to get fired? He coached that game horribly. He's been there 7 years and has only gotten to the playoffs twice and lost both times.
    Well, it's a good thing he won coach of the year in 2009, not coach of the last 7 years.

Plus, he got the award because of the season Cincinnati had in relation to what they did last year. Can you honestly say with a straight face that he didn't deserve it based on how Cincinnati did this year?

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      Well, it's a good thing he won coach of the year in 2009, not coach of the last 7 years.

Plus, he got the award because of the season Cincinnati had in relation to what they did last year. Can you honestly say with a straight face that he didn't deserve it based on how Cincinnati did this year?
      Was Cincinati that great? I give them credit for beating the Steelers and Ravens twice, but I don't think they were all that impressive. They were definitely the weakest of all the playoff teams in my opinion. Injuries piled up but they didn't play their best football down the stretch. I just don't think Lewis is a good coach at all.

Comment

Was Cincinati that great? I give them credit for beating the Steelers and Ravens twice, but I don't think they were all that impressive. They were definitely the weakest of all the playoff teams in my opinion.
        Well I was basing it on their record and the turn around from last season. Sure, they prolly weren't the strongest team, but you can't take away what they did during the season. And just because they may have been the weakest playoff team, doesn't make their regular season any worse. They still compiled an impressive regular season record despite prolly being expected to finish around .500 at best.

Also, sweeping the defending Super Bowl champion (and still a pretty good team) and 2 time strong playoff team within your division is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
          Well I was basing it on their record and the turn around from last season. Sure, they prolly weren't the strongest team, but you can't take away what they did during the season. And just because they may have been the weakest playoff team, doesn't make their regular season any worse. They still compiled an impressive regular season record despite prolly being expected to finish around .500 at best.

Also, sweeping the defending Super Bowl champion (and still a pretty good team) and 2 time strong playoff team within your division is impressive.
          Impressive enough to win over some of the other guys out there who only had 2 or 3 losses on their schedule. Going 14-2 or 13-3 is pretty impressive. I would have even given it to Norv over him. And I still think Norv is a bad head coach.

Comment

Impressive enough to win over some of the other guys out there who only had 2 or 3 losses on their schedule. Going 14-2 or 13-3 is pretty impressive. I would have even given it to Norv over him. And I still think Norv is a bad head coach.
            I wasn't really arguing if he was the most impressive. Your original assertion was that you were surprised that so many people thought he deserved it, which he absolutely does. Now, was he the best candidate? Maybe, maybe not, but the point is he absolutely has done enough to justify winning the award.

And you know what, I just realized Cincy was 10-6. I honestly thought they were like 12-4. I still think an 8 game turnaround is justifiable in winning, but I actually thought they had abetter year than that.

Comment

Well does that turn around have more to do with Lewis being a good coach or Palmer playing more than 4 games? Nothing can make a team worse than crappy QB play. I don't know, I guess I just can't be convinced he's anything better than a middle of the road coach.

Comment

Well does that turn around have more to do with Lewis being a good coach or Palmer playing more than 4 games? Nothing can make a team worse than crappy QB play. I don't know, I guess I just can't be convinced he's anything better than a middle of the road coach.
                This is true, but the decision in these awards usually gives more credit to coaches than it does other factors. Basing strictly on how the award is perceived to be judged on, I believe Lewis has done enough to justify winning.

My original argument was basically just to support Lewis based on the "unwritten criteria" generally accepted for winning the award, if you will, and that his playoff appearances, past and present, have no baring on it.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information