No announcement yet.

Extremely in-depth sabermetrics link

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I refuse to accept Brady on the 10th position.

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
      I like this one more:

Over each of the past three seasons, Nnamdi has been #1 in receptions allowed by a cornerback taking at least 550 snaps. That's just silly.
      I'm still baffled as to why a majority seem to think Nnamdi is no longer an elite corner and put Revis and Woodson in a tier above him. This is coming off a year where he was only targeted 28 times and only gave up 1 TD while playing 980 snaps. No one else who played 980 snaps or more was targeted less than 71 times.

Originally posted by P-L View Post
        Most people don't know what constitutes an actual drop though. If the ball is thrown behind a receiver or at his feet, then it isn't considered a drop. If the receiver has to leap high into the air or lunge/dive for the ball it isn't a drop. I know some people have the attitude that "if a ball even grazes your fingers you need to catch it," but that isn't necessarily what the drop statistic is about.

Here is "more reliable source" that also indicates Williams only had 8 dropped passes this season.
        I know it's not the easiest stat to distinguish sometimes but, the guy certainly had a lot more than 8 "clean" drops.

Thanks BoneKrusher^ (the man)
        KO KNOWS

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I still cant believe some fans live by this stuff. Pretty hilarious really. But anyway, the NFL should make drops an "official" statistic. Every one of these sites has different drop numbers. And to see Roy Williams with only 8 drops is laughable.
          It also says Braylon only dropped 4 all season.

Debug Information