No announcement yet.

Looks like Bills may have found their coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bills fans...I'm sorry for the pain, but hey...At least your not Detroit!! (Or cleveland...)

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
      Defensive coordinator, Minnesota Vikings
      in all honesty though, not getting a head coaching gig in bufflo is almost like a promotion....

Like Jim Schwartz really, I realize he had to start as a head coach somewhere, but from Titans DC to Lions HC is a step down, all things considered.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

So, the Bills big splash is Chan Gailey? I've made bigger splashes in my toilet.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          in all honesty though, not getting a head coaching gig in bufflo is almost like a promotion....

Like Jim Schwartz really, I realize he had to start as a head coach somewhere, but from Titans DC to Lions HC is a step down, all things considered.
          Frazier is in the position to take a job that he wants, as was Schwartz. I actually commend Schwartz for taking the Lions job. They really aren't that far off from being a descent team if they can build upon their great draft from last year.

Buffalo on the other hand just has no appeal to me. Its not a desirable location for free agents, theres talk of moving the team, and they don't seem to have a direction in building the team. Its more of a massive rebuilding project then throw in you play the Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins 2 times a year. Its where coaches go to disapear.

Comment

I would so rather be Cleveland or Detroit. DET for sure.....they have some good, young talent. CLE is iffy, but they have beat us 3 times in a row.......plus at least CLE and DET fans will have a team in 5 years.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by cvv84 View Post
              Frazier is in the position to take a job that he wants, as was Schwartz. I actually commend Schwartz for taking the Lions job. They really aren't that far off from being a descent team if they can build upon their great draft from last year.
              People said that about Jason Garrett a few seasons ago. He was a much hotter prospect and his stock really fizzled.

Im not saying he should take any job offered, if he doesn't think it gives him a good chance to succeed he shouldn't. Just because he's a hot shot candidate now doesn't mean he still will be.

Comment

Marty Schottenheimer wanted Bills gig
                http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...nted-bills-gig

wow

Comment

Originally posted by redbills View Post
                  Marty Schottenheimer wanted Bills gig
                  http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...nted-bills-gig

wow
                  Money on the new GM feeling like he wouldn't be able to run the team with Schottenheimer coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    I would so rather be Cleveland or Detroit. DET for sure.....they have some good, young talent. CLE is iffy, but they have beat us 3 times in a row.......plus at least CLE and DET fans will have a team in 5 years.
                    The Cleveland/Detroit thing was more just for a reason to post the video, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      Bills fans...I'm sorry for the pain, but hey...At least your not Detroit!! (Or cleveland...)

Ya at least they didn't get Holmgren and a proven GM to run their team and at least they aren't a huge market despite losing a **** load and at least our team isn't in danger of moving.

Go get em Buffalo!

And yes that video is amazing, so is the second one :P

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        The Cleveland/Detroit thing was more just for a reason to post the video, lol.
                        this is allowed cause the vid's a classic.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

what's the point of being a fan of this team.
                          they're not committed to winning.

:(

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
                            People said that about Jason Garrett a few seasons ago. He was a much hotter prospect and his stock really fizzled.

Im not saying he should take any job offered, if he doesn't think it gives him a good chance to succeed he shouldn't. Just because he's a hot shot candidate now doesn't mean he still will be.
                            Problem is Garrett had all of 1 season as a coordinator. Frasier has been a coordinator for 5 of his 11 seasons in the NFL plus he has collegiate head coaching experience while Schwartz has been a coordinator for 8 years and was runner up to Mike Nolan when the 49ers were looking for a HC back in 2005. Garrett is also being paid 1st time HC money as a coordinator and was clearly holding out to see what would happen to Phillips.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                              what's the point of being a fan of this team.
                              they're not committed to winning.

:(
                              I don't think it's that the team/owner isn't committed to winning, it's just that there aren't a lot of resources there to be successful, leading coaches to avoiding the job and forcing Ralph Wilson to hire retreads.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...hot-at-raiders

New Buffalo general manger Buddy Nix took a shot at Oakland while talking about how desperate people want to be NFL head coaches.

"I'm trying not to exaggerate, but we got 15 calls a day, begging for an interview and wanting this job," Nix said. "I could've hired 35 or 40 the first week. And you would be shocked at some of the names.

"Trust me, it's a good job. Don't ever think you can't fill coaching jobs even if they're bad. Oakland gets a lot of calls."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information